1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Erling Haaland Transfer Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dkamberi25, Dec 2, 2021.

1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Unlike Mbappe where everyone knows that he wants to go to Real (even though I am not sure how the Spanish clubs are going to afford these large transfers with the state of their finances) Haaland's transfer location is truly up in the air as outside of unsubstantiated rumors there hasn't been much to go by. I'm going to lay out the case for the usual suspects and I'm curious to hear where the members here think he will end up and where you want him to end up.

Borussia Dortmund: The only thing I believe right now about the Haaland situation is that Dortmund is trying everything they can to hold on to him at least through the 22-23 season. Dortmund will secure a Champion's League position next season so that shouldn't be an issue. It also doesn't look like Haaland will publicly request to move on in the summer. All that could add up to at least one more year in Dortmund.

Bayern Munich: Dortmund have been a feeder system for Bayern in the past 5-7 years or so and this could be just the next one. Lewandowski though still at the top of his game is on the other side of 30 so a move for Haaland to secure the future up front makes sense. I don't know much about Bayern's finances but I believe they are in much better position than the Spanish clubs which would make a move more likely. Unlike most of the German players that have made the switch from Dortmund to Bayern where it is probably their top goal to end up at the biggest club in Germany Haaland being from Norway and having spent time in England while his dad played their doesn't seem (at least publicly) to desire a move to Bayern.

Real Madrid/Barcelona: They always come up but I really have a tough time seeing a move to either club. Real seems the least likely due to their link to Mbappe and I can't imagine them getting both of them in the same window. Barcelona has the need but they seem to be having difficulties lining up a move for Ferran Torres due to finances so I can't see them being in on Haaland unless he pushes for it which again doesn't seem to be the case.

PSG: It gets interesting here as they will most likely be without Mbappe next season so the opening is their. PSG can line up the funds, guarantee Champion's League and a team full of world class talent. Of all the locations this one would disappoint me the most as the competition in France is below that of the other major leagues.

Manchester City: Selfishly this is where I want him to end up. The need is clearly their and the fact that City stopped their search for a striker after the Kane fiasco leads me to believe they are lining up a move for Haaland next season. While he hasn't out and out said as such it is reported that his dad having played for City combined with their change in status from his dad's time to know and the chance to play a couple seasons under Pep before he moves on lead me to believe this is where he ends up. Apparently Haaland and Foden are pretty good friends which again selfishly I hope puts City over the top.

Chelsea: Can't rule them out as they seem to be in on everyone. I don't see it considering they just signed Lukaku.

Liverpool: I am pretty sure Klopp and Haaland never crossed paths at Dortmund but their may or may not be some sort of connection their. With Firmino and Jota on board I am not sure if Haaland makes sense but if you can obtain him I'm sure they can move on from one of their current strikers.

Manchester United: Like Chelsea can't be ruled out but with the recent moves their and the good possibility that they miss out on the Champion's League next season I can't see him ending up their.

Arsenal: It gets interesting here as they have a good shot at 4th and Champion's League next season. Even though they have signed a bunch of guys lately they feel like tier 2 guys so landing someone like Haaland makes sense.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Raz

Raz Member

What... ? The last Dortmund player that moved to Bayern was Hummels in 2016 - and he's already back in yellow since 2019.

Bayern officials already stated they won't sign Haaland, since Lewandowski has two or three more years on highest level to come. Would appreciate if Haaland remained in the Bundesliga, I think Dortmund's chances to keep him at least until 2023 are quite decent.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Clearly coming to Man United.

DD

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Real for the young duo dynasty

6. Aware

Aware Member

Should be going home to play for the famous Leeds United
    But its probably going to be City

ramotadab likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Mbappe - Real
    Haaland - Manchester United

JumpMan and DaDakota like this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Arsenal is no more likely to get in the top 4 than United...unless you're one of those ridiculous arsenal fans that remind me so much of cowboys fans. Possibly the 2 most delusional fan bases in all of sports. Go better than 1-4 against the "Big 6" and have a win against someone other than against Spurs. Also, if you think Stan Kroenke is going to spend like that on Arsenal, Champions League or not, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Should have pushed the time back a bit as I was also thinking about Lewabdowski and Gotze.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Earl Bride Holland.