1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[By the numbers] 1/4 into the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Dec 2, 2021.

1. juanming

juanming Member

Hi I know I have severe dopamine receptor and brain damage from years of partying, but am I the only one that read the first post in this thread and went "huh???" . To much graphs and math. I dropped out of school at 9th grade can you tell?

I mean u have to be a rocket scientist to understand those graphs and charts.

But yes thesis sucks

kubli9 and Joe Rocket like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJr hasn’t even been efficient since the lineup change tho

he has 36/35/58 shooting splits and 47% TS since we went away from a Tate, Wood, and Theis frontcourt

his passing has been better, but he was still averaging 5 turnovers a game since his return before his latest injury…I will give him credit for his much improved body language since he came back, but his efficiency has still been absolute trash

but even at his worst, and even tho he hasn’t earned sh*t, everyone wanted him to start from the jump and get his lumps yet will keep none of that same energy for Jalen Green

Why?

ThatboyPhuong, vator and Joe Rocket like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Reduced TOV by almost half while increasing assists and defense.

And team winning handily.

I think he has improved his overall efficiency during win streak.

And I'm open to Green starting but defense will take a huge hit.

4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care which one of KPJ or JG comes off the bench as long as it's one of them. I see your point though, Jalen has more credibility being the #2 pick and doesn't have KPJ's checkered past. Maybe they can play one-on-one in practice for who gets the starting nod?

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LOL That is the basic gist of it.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why does 1 of them have to come off the bench? I want to see how they fare when the paint isn’t more congested than 59 during rush hour because Tate, Wood, and Theis are on the court at the same time

Green only got that opportunity for 1 quarter, a quarter in which he dropped 11 points

Green has no problem blowing by any defender, but had difficulty finishing over 2 or 3 guys and often got blocked. Let’s see how he looks with actual open lanes to the rim.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In spite of not shooting well, KPjr is LEADING this team. We're starting to see remarkable leaps regarding that defensive upside. And, real progress out top...Kevin's adjusting. He could be a pure scorer off the wing, but I actually think he's going to make it as a PG, where he'd be more valuable to us.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

unless he improves that shooting and efficiency to at least average levels which he’s a far cry from, KPJr as your PG is a failed endeavor

can’t believe people still act like a PG not being able to shoot doesn’t matter

it’s not as much of a problem now because this team doesn’t have any real aspirations and will be competing for lotto balls

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you dont bench and play MVP-esque talent less to play more shooters... you surround that MVP talent with shooters and play him MORE... ....sengun caliber player comes once in 5 years, theres no rationale for playing him less and not running your entire offense through him...especially if youre an offensive genius... no excuses and sloppy work genius!... silas needs to respect sengun or be let go immediately...this is not a charity organisation but a premier basketball club....coaches like silas are a dime a dozen.....

insert the gif you know which ;)

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

right.... he also needs to be more aggressive and decisive in driving to the rim, and work on his finishes... he looks athletic but when arrives at the rim he often looks breweresque, like he s run out of talent at that very moment...

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

OKC didnt feel that way or they would have paid the man.

13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Silas will stick with them both as starters with the new spaced lineup, and it probably does deserve a bigger sample size before any other drastic measures are taken. The small sample from Jalen was good and KPJ has been playing better. I still don't see KPJ as a starting PG and that's what concerns me.

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

Honestly his issues finishing have been overblown.

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

And although Green started slowly in the finishing department, he was not alone among other elite guards.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t see it with KPJr either…questionable decision maker and can’t shoot a lick, but it’s not like we have another young PG on the roster that needs grooming so might as well continue to start him and give him big minutes to see if he’s worth investing in because he’s extension eligible this summer and will be a RFA next summer

kubli9 likes this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm assuming his FG and 3PT % are going to improve. But, even at this early stage...not shooting well, he's leading us to wins. It's progress at a position that's hard to fill, one where it traditionally takes a long time for guys to develop, and it's impressive.
    Just to keep perspective regarding KPjr...We could easily throw him out to the wing, letting him get his in the flow...He'd ball out.

D-rock likes this.
  18. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Still think Theis can be better in a different lineup. I think it's just that he doesn't fit next to Wood at all. If we didn't have Wood, him being the sole big man, he might not be as bad as he is right now. If (when?) we trade Wood, he could start with Sengun backup (I know, kill me already), and he won't be as bad as he is now.

19. Denovo

Denovo Member

It’s Porter that needs to finish better at the rim.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why is it that the Green Fanboys, never talk about defense, or how the team does when he is on the court?

Because frankly his defense has been awful and his offense is not much better, but boy he can jump high....

DD