1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I watch a boatload of games. Some Wiz by, like recent years of DC hooping. Thus, I missed him. Everyone else, too, if he fell to a 2-way, eh?

Wiz’re different this year.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I frankly think Green spending some time getting a feel for the game’s flow before getting into the game might just benefit him plentifully.

xaos and D-rock like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That's reasonable. Im not contrary to that opinion and feel strongly that the space the offense now enjoys will benefit JGs playing style and ultimately propel him further than the congested abomination that Silas employed to start the year. Let Jalen and Sengun man the 2nd unit for a bit - the cream will always rise. Ultimately I feel he will also grow excellent chemistry with Scoot and Wood now that they can get out and run and use their athleticism for easy buckets and to attack in transition relentlessly.

DeBeards, D-rock and xiki like this.
  4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, I don't think Green was the catalyst for the poor start. I think it was a combination of things, young players, poor coaching and lack of adjustments. However, I don't think Green is coming off the bench when he returns. He will start. Until Wood and KPJ comes back, I think it'll be; Green, Matthews, Tate, Theis and Gordon.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Honestly if Wood wants to be here I’d be willing to make a long term commitment to him. While his inconsistency is concerning, overall he’s a very good player who hasn’t even started to hit his best years yet. I won’t lose sleep if we get a nice draft haul for him, but he’s an ascending big capable of 20/20. That’s pretty rare. We shouldn’t be desperate to trade him. And can’t help feeling that the time to trade him was on draft night this year.

BMoney, xaos, palmsnbananas and 5 others like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

You mean the stats you selected based off a small sample size?

I think it’s a chicken or the egg question. I think two big lineup prevented spacing and prevented other players from playing (Ex: Brooks/Matthews) or made other players less efficient (Ex: KPJ and Green).

The fact that you use Theis as an example of “the highest 3pt percentage” is a red flag to me. Currently he is 30% on 3 attempts per game

Dobbizzle and D-rock like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

At center he is an all star level player....at PF, he is a reserve level player.

DD

RoadWarrior, Dobbizzle and D-rock like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

An often injured “all star” center.

CHAMPBOY and aaquaa like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You can say that about Curry before he blew up too - or Eric Gordon, lots of players are injury prone......in the NBA......

My thinking on Wood is to FORCE him to wear some danged HIGH TOP shoes.....it boggles the mind that he is not helping his own situation.

DD

Dobbizzle and D-rock like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ankle sprains are part of the game.

DeBeards and Denovo like this.
  11. futilman

futilman Member

Disagree on the time to trade him. I think this years trade deadline is perfect. By that time, he will have proven himself for 1.5 seasons and can help a contender for two more playoff pushes before becoming a FA. Desperation is at its peak at trade deadlines rather than offseasons IMO.

jcmoon likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

as one who had Kleenex tissue for ankles, it was the taping that got me through.

13. RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior Member

Exactly.
    If the Rockets continue to use him correctly, he will continue to make everyone else better.
    The spacing with Wood at C will certainly help Jalen Green when he gets back, so we can stop hearing about the other top picks having a better season.

14. dmoneybangbang

Curry put in a lot of work into his body, will Wood do the same?

Gordon still gets lot of soft tissue injuries and is a cautionary tale for giving money to those type of players. Is Gordon more healthy than his New Orleans days? Sure, but we have also seen him miss many games or being hobbled in many games as a rocket.

15. Xopher

Xopher Member

16. dmoneybangbang

I think Sabonis is more of a culture fit for GSW and has been more consistent in his career.

I personally don't want Kuminga and Moody, that's too many 2021 rookies..... 6? Also not really a fan of Wiseman. The time for a Wood/GSW trade was predraft.

withmustard likes this.
  17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would LOVE to get those rookies from 2021 draft. That 2021 draft was the best draft since the Lebron's draft, This upcoming draft does not has the SUPERSTARS AND STARS in this draft. Adding Kuminga and Moody with Green and Sengunamd maybe a CHET!

18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Why are people still hyping the 21 draft? Cunningham, Green, Suggs, Kuminga, Bouknight, Williams have played below expectations, and Primo hasn't played at all. I know it is still early and I think players like Cunningham, Green, Suggs and Kuminga could break out, but i feel this draft has been overhyped so far.

I think Kuminga and Moody would be good, but we can't extend 6 1st rounders from the same draft, we'd have to trade them at some point. It would be better to have future picks. I think we may too much youth as is, Rockets also have 4 1st rounders coming their way in the next two years. This gives the Rockets no room to keep or buy 2nd rounders like Martin, find gems like Beverly and Tate, or pick up players off waivers like Matthews.

19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

HE WAITED TO MAKE THESE CHANGES AFTER THE MEDIA REPORTS ABOUT HIS JOB CAME OUT. After the lineup adjustments he has done better with substitutions. When the next major adjustment comes we will see what he does

D-rock, DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.
  20. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I agree that we can't afford to have 6 rookies from last years draft and picks would be preferable.
    Problem with the warriors is that their picks look to be bottom of the round.
    I wouldn't trade C-Wood for 5 low end 1st's.

I have long been on the Wood is more valuable than he gets credit for and I didn't and still don't want to trade him.
    BUT there is one scenario where I would consider it.
    That would be if a bottom feeder like say the kings would offer their next 2 unprotected firsts for Christian.

What I really would want most is another lotto ticket in the 2023 draft for Victor W. and I would definitely consider something like that!

D-rock likes this.