1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are the Golden State Warriors so good?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 13, 2021.

1. verysimplejason

You were saying? :)

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If they're healthy, they're weirdly consistent.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Nobody caught up ****. Klay was off, they traded half their team, had some rookies, had to teach new players their playing style etc. They are running around with best shooter ever, DPOY, good role players, great coach.. and best shooter ever runner up is on the bench still. They would anal rape Brooklyn i can tell you that

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

They got the highest payroll in the league, plus 3 lottery picks in 2 years

6. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

The rockets could be that good if they were allowed to do moving screens too - our strategy is just not "light years ahead" of the basic rules for the game. It's like the refs look the other way whenever Steph pushes a defensive player out of the way

7. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Joe Lacob said it himself, the plan is to turn the NBA into Euro Soccer, with the Warriors eternally on top.

The Warriors pulled off what the Spurs did with Duncan, expect them to be good until 2035 at least.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cmon man time to stop the dumb hate on Curry. Curry has done right by his franchise, staying right in GSW even if it looked like their contention days are done. He actually put in the work honing his shot even more instead of partying it up with lil baby in Paris all offseason. This year he is the MVP front runner seems like he could pop off for 40 every other game.

The Warriors have a lot of things going for them, but the main one is that they arent blinded with contention and are big into player development. It's almost the opposite of what Morey did, they didnt get washed up vets on a discount they kept getting young guys with upside like Russel or Wiggins. Everybody told them to trade their picks for vet help instead they got high ceiling, raw players like Wiseman and Kuminga.

It's a great model to emulate, I've never been a fan of the double down mentality during the Morey-Harden era always got tired of seeing Harden and a bunch of washed vets on the court.

subtomic and Patience like this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I doubt it. Wiseman and Kuminga are talented but its not likely they'll develop into all-stars let alone all-nba type players. Expect the Warriors to fall off when Curry retires like the Spurs did when Duncan retired. The question is, how long can Curry keep playing at an all-time level (for his age) and keep the Warriors relevant.

10. Original Dr. Pepper

I think there's a pretty good chance at least one of the two emerges as a franchise cornerstone. They're really talented and they're going to be taught the game and developed the right way from a very young age. I think I'd take the optimistic side of that.

And they already have Jordan Poole showing a lot of talent. I think his ceiling is a Bradley Beal type player. I wouldn't bet on him quite reaching that, but he's already getting a ton of defensive attention despite not being statistically one of the best shooters in the league--he just seems always capable of combusting.

For the Warriors to be a current title contender with the next core already baked in (Poole, Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody) and a growing ability to find good role-players from the scrap heap (Damien Lee, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Gary Payton II), they definitely seem poised for a really long run as contenders, even if they never rise to the heights of 2016-19 again.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody is eternally on top, Real Madrid crashed.

12. tksense

tksense Member

You mean Barcelona? RM currently tops the table.

JumpMan likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Curry is clearly being carried by stars like Wiggins and Poole.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look at Poole 3 yrs ago and Wiggins when GSW got him.

Curry isnt doing it alone. Maybe in the playoffs these other players will stop being so productive but thats not the case rn.

But hey Rox can get back old man broke shot Harden as early as next season so there's that.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Not sure what that has to do with my post, but yeah. Poole and the others have definitely been productive and a part of the Warriors early season success. But without Curry it wouldn't be possible imo.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Champions League I was thinking of.

Which is similar to a Continental title > National title.

18. tksense

tksense Member

then RM is still at the "top", they reached semi-final last year, top 4 out of the continent should be considered "top", doesn't it? Semi finish is considered a success for all but one or two teams per year. Anyhow, I thin on a random draw, most top teams could beat the other in a given day.

IMO RM a tournament like this has been a flawed indicator in the recent past. In '19, Tottehham suddenly got to the finals. In 15-16, RM barely beat a weak team in Wolfsburg en route to the finals, while all the better teams end up in the other bracket (barca, bayern, atleti) beating up on each other, only to have RM win the finals over a roughed up atletico on penalty (also in 13-14, last min OT).

There's a sentiment that RM has been consistently favored ref decisions, that could be the reason it stayed at the top in a historical fashion. Football tournament has a lot of factors at play, a high "variance" in Morey terms. It's not like the NBA with 7-game series to decide who's better.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I know you hate the Warriors because they destroyed Harden every single time they played, trust me, I did too. But it's time to admit that Curry is vastly a better player than Harden with longevity to boot. Crying about the refs in 2021 is a bad look. End of the day, Curry's legacy will be that of a 3x MVP, multiple time NBA champion, and he did not once quit on his team.

Curry >>>> Harden

verysimplejason likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

I’ll never admit that because it’s not true. When the league makes rules to nerf Stephen currys game like moving the 3 point line back and making screens illegal then I may consider it if he is still playing at the same level. As for quitting, it’s hard to quit on a team that literally is paying the super tax every year in your prime lol.

harden has had to adjust his game 3 separate times, plus not getting obvious calls in the playoffs at critical points in playoff series in 2018 and 2019 againist the warriors.

curry being 3x mvp means nothing. Steve Nash almost won 3 straight when Kobe and lebron were in the league. The issue is everytime curry is in the running for mvp, he wins it 2015, should have been harden. And 2020 he had no business finishing top 3 in mvp voting. Curry plays and has always played by a separate set of rules that harden could never get. Even if you wanna take away 2015 and give Stephen curry his 2015 mvp. Harden should have won in both 2017 and 2019. This league from its sportswriters to its league officials are corrupt and its hurt harden the most

How many all-nba teams has harden been kept off of because of corruption and politics.. 2 or 3, I’ve lost count.

#120 HardenVolumeOne, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021