1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I guess it depends upon your definition - most teams play 2 guys over 6'8" which I would consider bigs, but if you are saying 2 centers - then yes, that will clog the paint on him.

The problem with those statistics, is I would bet my HOUSE, that if those 2 bigs were Wood and Sengun instead of Theis that both Green and KPJ's stats would go way up.

DD

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

You both make valid points. Make no mistake, I'm not arguing that Jalen Green has been good. He hasn't been. He's had some good games, but the bad games outnumber them. I'm just saying the majority of these other highly touted rookies have also been bad. As bad as Green? Some ways yes, some not as much, but still not good players overall. They're all 19 or 20 years old and not even halfway through their rookie season so all I'm saying is just give it a little time. Wait and see.

This "team" and I intentionally put team in quotation marks, is in complete disarray from the leadership down. There isn't a worse situation in the league right now. Guys are not being put in situations to maximize their strengths and the rotations are questionable to say the least. The Wood and Theis pairing despite it failing over and over, the lack of minutes for Sengun and KJ. We had the worst record last year and are strongly trending that direction again this year.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Where do you get I can do Stones job better than him, from my post?

Settle down crazy. You're seeing things that simply aren't there. That would explain why you think Green is a good player right now.

Hahaha. Work outs. Stuff of legend. Must've never worked out that defense. Must've never worked out that ball handling. Must've never worked out that shooting. Heck. What did he work out?

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Honestly it hard to gauge if Green is truly as bad as boobythegreat described if the org itself is having some sort of internal conflict on how best to develop/rebuild this team.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

There are many things we can list about their game that we don’t like, but like I said I’m optimistic about what I’ve seen.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Just as he was looking really dangerous today, he went down injured............sucks

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

They were looking great together today.

Curry and Thompson didn't hit it off when they first started together, they had to work on it over many years and they came together around the same age

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Who cares what they think? This thread is about Jalen.

DeBeards likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. vator

Everybody panic!

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It won't win ROYb but Green went from being an atrocious defender to a sometimes average defender. That's impressive in less than 20 games of NBA experience. His effort has always been good. Look forward to them developing him as a 2-way catch and shoot player before working on his star ability. May pay dividends, I hope we don't give up on that.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes great at everything save basketball

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are playing the Hornets and Lamelo should be also 19 or was not long ago.

We could also post NBA ready 19 year old all day.

Beal is a 2nd option or even 3rd on some stacked teams, he has never led his team to an ECF or I cannot remember it.

bmelo and DaDakota like this.
  15. vator

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

When Green is healthy, does he come off the bench? Mathews? Gordon?

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

With the space generated by getting rid of Theis/Wood lineup, I think Jalen is about to have some great games when he comes back, as long as his hammy feels nice and hammerific.

Doesn't matter if he starts or comes off the bench, I think he'll look pretty good.

Dobbizzle and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

He will have plenty of shooting and pump fake drive opportunities, we will see if he can make the most out of them.

If anything having Theis out puts more pressure on the other 4 to defend even bigger players so that’s gonna be tougher for him.

At least we will finally be able to see what he can do.

Corrosion and Roomba like this.
  19. opticon

opticon Member

I think you move Gordon to the bench role. Gordon has proven he can thrive in that role over the years. Garrison is 6'5 and has shown to be a crappy defender. Hopefully, when Green comes back we see a little less House and a little less Brooks. 15 min a piece is good for them. Garrison, Jaylen and Gordon should bet the lion's share of minutes at the 2/3.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming you meant scrappy instead of crappy?