1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Wood?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 28, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

I don't get it. What about the best player on our team, who is currently avg a double double and who just came of a 33/16 performance? Trade him?? Please!

D-rock and RoadWarrior like this.
  2. ballgame

ballgame Member

Wood guards well on the wing, I think he can improve in the paint but I think that will come over time. Remember, this is his 2nd yr starting full time. Experience is gained over time, not in a microwave.

D-rock likes this.
  3. ballgame

ballgame Member

Correct, he did come here to play with Harden but I think he is seeing the opportunities of playing with Porter and Green too. If you look at the last 3 games, both Green and Porter have started to put it together. I can't wait until Green returns but a lineup of Green, Porter, Gordon, Matthews, Brooks, Wood, Sengun, Tate is going to be exciting.

I think if they can add two more pieces, a legit 6'10 PF who can spread the court, run the floor and rebound and another 6'8" player who can shoot the 3, the Rockets will be ready, especially next yr.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

A 20 - 10 center with wood’s skill set doesn’t come around often.

That’s the kind of production you would hope to get from Chet Holmgren.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

About $21.5M.

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

Bruh....I can't even lol. Just stop.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

No KJ:(

8. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I think Wood is a really good player and would compliment a contending team really well.

However, I don’t think we’d get an unreal amount for him and I don’t want to be the team that pays him.

A lot of people here saying Kuminga and multiple firsts, but I personally don’t think GS would do a trade like that straight up.

I think we could get Wiseman, but unless he’s moved to a third team he doesn’t really help us.

I think the Kings, Hornets and Bulls could maybe be players.

Coby White, Marvin Bagley and James Bouknight are young players I think could be moved with other assets for Wood.