1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall informs the Rockets he wants to return to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H. Christopher, Nov 27, 2021.

1. beardsanity713

I'm a fan of Wall but all this #Freeme stuff on social media is ridiculous dude is getting paid well to do nothing but he found a way to complain anyway Wow lol.
    I thought all of this was already taken care of.
    Won't take the buyout bc he will lose money won't accept a bench role.
    Rockets have been more than accommodating

BigShasta, Jontro and jimmyv281 like this.
  2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, really ****.this.guy.

He is such a piece of ****. ****ing getting paid a ton of money and now wants to play?

Look motha****a, take the damn buyout and GTFO.

the11mingdynasty and Jontro like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wall gotta earn a starting spot at this point. Hell whose to say your even dependable health wise.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I am happy that Stone and management are standing their ground against this *******.

Go free yourself the Watson way to a massage parlor or take a trip around the world.

Just leave the ****ing Rockets alone.

BigShasta and jimmyv281 like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He’s not compromising amor willing to meet the rockets halfway. They said come off the bench and he refuses to play unless he starts

BMoney and CHAMPBOY like this.
  6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Wall not being guaranteed a starting position is about one player: KPJ.

I disagree with moving Green to the bench, but even if they did I still don’t think they’d want wall starting and taking pg duties from KPJ.

They obviously don’t want to push kpj’s buttons too much and Wall coming in and trying to take over as the lead ball handler is just asking for trouble.

Plus I think they really want to see this KPJ at pg thing through and really push him to become a good player there.

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The shams tweet vs the Woj tweet is miles apart. “Wanted the chance” is a key phrase.

Also if Stone is simply saying No.. no way… because of Kevin Porter Jr…. He’s a terrible Gm. Just realize that Wall will be hurt in 1 month anyways and move KPJ to the bench. You’ve seen enough at this point to know he’s got some talent but just not bball smart enough to run the point on a playoff team.

And if you are worried about KPJ throwing a fit that says more about Silas and the coaches than KPJ. If you can’t communicate in some way “hey we gotta trade this guy or let him play till he gets hurt in a few weeks” then you really REALLY suck at communicating to your players.

Just start Wall. Who cares??? The guy is one of the highest paid players in the league. Of course he wants to start and have the green light. This dance just further tanks his trade value cause you are telling the league “holy crap… if this guy is allowed to play, everyone suffers”… what a terrible way to try and trade a player.

Little Bit, Jayzers_100 and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who cares?? If he’s got the ball for 40 min a night I GUARANTEE you he’ll be hurt in 3 games and Tillman can just get an injury exception. If he kills it then he’ll put the league on notice and there will be suitors. Right now what the Rockets are doing is stupid. Is 4 games of KPJ coming off the bench really going to mean that much??

Little Bit and Jayzers_100 like this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

Wall needs to **** off. 1st option my ass

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Why trade for a guy on a big contract and just sit him on the bench

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

14. fattz

fattz Member

Wall is awesome in so many ways

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Wall take ur butt home and Count your money! Quit crying. What’s more important the money or you being happy and playing?

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

let the commander play. it's the least we can do since he got us the 2nd pick. give him backtoback 48 mins and he'll break. easy peasy

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I remember this last year, it sucked lol. At least we got the 2nd pick of the draft for our pain and suffering.

clos4life likes this.
  18. leangle25

leangle25 Member

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

John Wall just needs to play and play well…whether that’s off the bench or in the SL

he shouldn’t be doing this “start me or don’t play me at all” routine

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Humility and sacrifice, two words not in play in this situation. He wants to play, but only on his terms. Serving your squad in whatever role he's needed should be his approach, I bet more teams would appreciate seeing him in that role as well.