1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be the better player in 5 years Sengun or Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 23, 2021.

?

Who will be better in 5 years?

1. Green

47.6%
  2. Sengun

52.4%
  1. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Sengun can definitely be another Jokic which is very good but not very interesting to me. Jokic led nuggets would be no match to the Harden rockets or the old Warriors. I would still model my team after Warriors that heavily investing 1-4 and count on the small ball death lineup when it matters. So Green develops into a superstar like Curry or Morant will be most ideal. Of course if Sengun can develop into someone that can dominate the small ball team then that will be a different story.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Just admit your initial take on Mobley was wrong.

Don't come in here with your revised takes playing like you knew all along.

clos4life likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Green has one of the highest potential in their class alongside Mobley and Barnes.

I will be suprised if Green isnt an all star in 5 yrs. He is a big guard, legitimately 6'5 at only 19 yrs old he can def grown an inch or two more.

So Saith Red and hakeem94 like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Mobley is now 2-2 horrible games as center for the Cavs.

I was def wrong when I thought he would be Poku 2.0 but its clear he is too thin and weak to play center right now. Needs to bulk up if he wants to replace Jarett Allen.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I am joining this discussion late, but: would there be something wrong with Mobely being a PF? He doesn't need to be a center, if his frame and skillset puts him at pf, let him be a pf. I would even argue, that PFs have more of an impact on most games...

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps in the east where an average guard hits the allstar occasionally....was andrew wigins an allstar...i dont think so but in the east he could of sneak by.....

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imho sengun is a lot better defensively than jokic..and the reason denver struggled vs rockets was just that if i recall well

aaquaa and Downtown Sniper like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

How many of Young's 3 pointers were wide open?

I have a feeling that answer is going to make null and void those FG% comparisons.

9. Downtown Sniper

Sengun is already a better on ball defender on the perimeter than Jokic.

Don't even need to stop at Jokic, I don't imagine there are many bigs who are better on the perimeter than a 19 year old rookie from Turkey.

I am amazed by how smart he is, the vast majority of the time knowing where to be, knowing what to do with his body.

Lord have mercy.

aaquaa likes this.
  10. H. Christopher

Green did look bigger in the game he went out with injury. He’s still growing by the day and has definitely been hitting the weights. Green in year 3 is gonna be something else.

roslolian likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Green gonna be 7'6 is 3 years.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  12. H. Christopher

[​IMG]

DeBeards likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is not 6'5" he measured at 6'4" - hopefully he keeps growing like scoot who is not 6'6"

DD

DeBeards likes this.
  14. verysimplejason

Rockets should stop pretending that Green's got PG game. He's an SG. The sooner they realize it, the better.

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You feel or you think? Two different things btw. Anyhow, what metric accounts for a player not making a shot with a hand in his face vice a shot without a hand in his face? By your reasoning then should players be rewarded more or rated higher for making shots with hands in their faces over wide open shots? Should we differentiate made or missed baskets with and without defender/s in the shooter’s face? Maybe the deeper stats and analytical reports should account for this? Do people say Curry is great because he shoots over defenders in his face more times than when he doesn’t have one in his face? Or that one shooter is better than the other since he misses with defender in face as opposed to without? The answer is quite simply no. That would be absurd. Of course not. A missed shot is a missed shot and likewise a made shot is a made shot regardless of defender or hand in face or not. That wasn’t even the point of my post. The point simply was to say that you can’t simply measure a player over such a short period of time at the start of their careers and that critical fans are unwarranted and unfair.

16. Downtown Sniper

Truthfully, the first part of your post here is garbage. If you honestly think people don't rate higher a shooter who can hit difficult shots over one who can only hit wide open ones, I don't know what to tell you.

No the point of your post was likening Green's numbers to Trae Young, as if that in anyway implies they'll share the same trajectory.

I advised you how useless likening those numbers are, because one player shoots a lot more open shots than the other did (sorry, I don't feel or think, I know that). Now refer to the first point in this message to understand why that is significant.

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You just love to argue just to argue. Incite just to incite. Refute just to refute. Not once did i call your thoughts garbage. Didn’t bother reading any further. But you have revealed who and what you are. Coming up with dumb a$$ reasoning and faulty logic in an attempt to prove me wrong. Lol. You choose to be negative and ugly. You can’t help yourself can you? Lol

18. Downtown Sniper

I know you didn't call mine garbage, because they weren't. Yours were though.

You legitimately tried to say people don't value a difficult shot maker over one who isn't.

Negative? Bruh have you seen my posts about Sengun? Give me something to be positive about and by golly I'll be positive. Jalen Green? Lmfao son that ain't it.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno man maybe Green is 6'4 3/4 or something like that cuz there is barely any difference between him and Cade and Cade is 6'6, 6'7 in shoes.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Sengun will be like Pau Gasol and Green will be like JR Smith.