1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall informs the Rockets he wants to return to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H. Christopher, Nov 27, 2021.

1. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

What happens if this results in Rockets not finishing as one of the worst teams, and risk our pick fall potentially falling out of top 5? Do we then say Wall sits back down? Will the mgmt be impatient after not even a half season or stay the course with the full rebuild

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I think it'd pretty awesome seeing a 2 man game with Sengun and a real PG. Also somebody who can actually collapse the D and get open looks for Green. Definitely a good move if he plays, even if he doesn't start.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Won't happen... because John Wall is a has been washed up former all star points guard.

wlekfjv923n, harold bingo and juanm34 like this.
  4. Denovo

Denovo Member

We just had the worst record in the league last year with Wall playing. This won’t change anything.

wlekfjv923n, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  5. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

WOW finally an intelligent fan who believes what factually happened with the entire Westbrook ordeal. The vast majority believe it was all evil, cheap Tillman's fault...

Madmanmetz and bmelo like this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m great with it, never seen a team more in need of a PG. Hopefully he can help develop the young guys. I’ve seen enough of this team trying to play guys out of position.

Dobbizzle, CriscoKidd and RoadWarrior like this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I want wall to play. I’ll probably want him back on the bench on 2 weeks, but what do we have to lose. He’s a legit pg, he might help green. That’s really all I give a **** about.

CriscoKidd, D-rock and Htown Stros like this.
  8. Denovo

Denovo Member

It should help Green a lot. At least on Paper considering Wall watched Beal develop his game.

T for 3 and Dobbizzle like this.
  9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’ve seen enough!
    Wall can share minutes with Brooks.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Figured this would happen if a trade wasn’t pulled off soon.

When they first announced it I figured a trade must’ve been in the works because I couldn’t see any way Wall was going to be content with sitting all season just because.

If wall can help with the development of guys we already have I’m cool either falling to the mid or late lotto.

I think this team was probably going to start winning more games anyways with Silas going with one big lineups most of the game.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Show us the Money!

txtodd likes this.
  13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Baffling and laughable to me that they even thought they would be able to trade him with 90 plus million left on his contract. He averaged 20 and 7 on less than stellar efficiency last season after making himself the number 1 option. On a good team, maybe he’s a 12-14 points and 6-7 assists guy…maybe. Certainly not a max player. He’d be hard to trade if he was making half of what he is currently making, but it least there would be a chance.

If he comes in chucking bench his ass though. I want to see him look to get his teammates better shots and be opportunistic about getting his own baskets and any team thinking about adding him would want to see that version of him as well.

14. Original Dr. Pepper

I want to see Wall play with Green. I think Green's game could flourish as a finisher on the other end of some slick passes from Wall.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Tank Commander is taking the battle field.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  16. anchel

anchel Member

buyout or 1st pick?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets lost 20 straight last year with John Wall playing…with Wall the Rockets go from worst team in the league to worst team in the league

Is Wall even a top 50 player anymore?

18. RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior Member

Good. It’s about time. The sooner the better.

19. dmoneybangbang

Was this not originally mutual?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Who cares what he wants.