1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Berman: Astros offering Carlos Correa a 5 year/160 million dollar contract

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DaBeard, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As someone who has been in his position, I've never understood posts like this. If you don't believe him, just scroll past his post. He's not asking you to believe him.... he's just passing info along bc he knows some of us would be interested in hearing it.

Several years ago, I had it on very good authority that the Texans were going to sign Ed Reed (yeah, I know), and I passed that info along. The number of people who blasted me for trolling was ridiculous. It's really easy to just discount info, but it's just as easy to ignore it and move on if you don't want to believe it.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So..... Youre saying Correa is staying....?

SWTsig likes this.
  3. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Several weeks ago I got "good info" that Correa was going to accept a 7 year /270 offer from the Astros.

:)

Squirtle likes this.
  4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

That would not be a good deal for Houston. Anything over $35M AAV needs to be 5 years or less.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agreed that is too much.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Sauces????

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Umm...you know an insider or two? I will kiss your feet if true. Can you reassure us in any way with this "good info"?

8. HeyBudLetsParty

Months ago I had someone in the organization tell me it’s almost 100% they’re going to roll with Espada next year, trusted it but didn’t share. Things change, sources can be misinformed… I for one appreciate the forum insiders and would believe them before I believe Charlie P

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

???

We can take that one of two ways. ;)

10. msn

msn Member

Similar experience. The blasting and the character assassination were staggering.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was at that game with my 5 year old son. That’s just an amazing play…and such a dramatic way to win a playoff game.

Fulgore likes this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You really have shitty reading comprehension.

BMoney and Bregatron like this.
  13. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Ignorant

14. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Insanely fast transfer and then to get that much on the throw...unreal

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If Correa signs a 10 year $300+ million deal with another team I would be okay with it and understand. However, if another team gets him for 7 years/$245 million they better prepare for some backlash.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

Hm…wonder who PHI is after? Scherzer or Ray/Gausman is my guess but I wonder if they say screw it and add CC to really shake up the East

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Phillies have a high potential SS coming up next year from AAA in Bryson Stott... I feel like if Correa were being considered by Philly, then we would have heard rumors of this by now. Can't rule it out, but I'd be surprised.

18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

This is a good way to look at it.

If Correa signs for $300M+, then we should all be happy Houston didn’t do that.

If he signs for $250M-$300M, then depending on length and what you think of CC going forward, it’s probably still a bad deal but it would be understandable for it to sting for fans that are super in love with Correa.

If he signs for $200M-$250M, a lot of fans will be mad, even some with reasonable takes. I won’t be mad but it’ll sting even for a fan like me who thinks it’s extremely smart to avoid huge long contracts.

If he signs for <$200M, then the vast majority of fans will likely be angry, and for good reason. I will certainly question why Houston couldn’t find a way to win out in that scenario.

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Is there any realistic scenario where Correa doesn’t get 7/250ish at least?

Seems to me that that is the floor. And it seems to me that the Astros should 100 percent be willing to go there. Maybe that’s their ceiling, I don’t know. But they absolutely should be willing to go there.

everyday eddie and SamCassell like this.
  20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Should have already been offered last year.

People are stuck on the contract Lindor received and that includes the pending FA SS that are on the market today. The new owner had to make splash. I'm going to be shocked if one or more SS gets a contract north of $300mil.

The pending lockout will have an impact on free agency after it's over. There is a reason why Gausman and his camp are pushing to get a deal done before December 1st.

I'm okay if Correa leaves. It will suck because I believed Altuve and him would retire as an Astro.

Wulaw Horn likes this.