1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I am assuming Meyers will be out until May. Torn labrum is a serious injury that often has long term complications and has ended many careers. I am by no means giving up on Meyers but for now bringing in someone with a good bat who can handle CF makes some sense. If Meyers had not gotten hurt I would not be interested in Pham or Bryant.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If we re-sign Correa then trading for Mullins makes even more sense. 4 years of superior play at a low cost. Re-signing Correa makes Pena expendable so a package of Pena and Urquidy plus a couple of other pretty good prospects is completely reasonable for a 4 year all-star CF. Javier will be the better starter than Urquidy as soon as next year. Brown is as close of a sure thing to be equal to or better than Urquidy that you can ask for.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Dodged a bullet here. He’s good but 33 years old. Did not want from the beginning. Bryant is still my dream signing, but a Mullins trade would excite me even more.

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Adam Frazier to the Mariners. His name was thrown around earlier. Return was a 27 year old minor league lefty with good K numbers and their 12th round pick from the last draft.

Seems like something we could’ve outbid if we wanted it enough.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  5. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

What has become of MF the Rat?

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I'll take it a step further. Until Meyers proves he is back he is a bust now in my mind with that injury. He didn't have a strong arm to begin with. Most likely it gets signifcantly weaker after the surgery. Also, who knows how it effects his swing. I have friends that had that surgery. They can't even throw a baseball anymore or raise their elbow above their shoulder. Hopefully with modern medicine that doesn't happen with Meyers but I am not optimistic.

McCormick/Siri doesn't excite me at all. I'm just hoping Leon breaks out if the Astros don't add a CFer.

There are 2 center fielders that are 100% available via trade. I hope Click doesn't go for either of them. They would be Kevin Kiermaier and Randall Grichuk.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Correa and Mullins would be a hell of an offseason. We need another arm but that will be available at the trade deadline. If Verlander can just be solid the rotation with that lineup is beyond fine

8. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Former Phillies closer

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

17 million... eww

10. Screaming Fist

That seems like a big commitment for a guy who has pretty mediocre projections.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Jesus, did Click not learn his lesson. He's done a pretty good job overall, but he seems to have a complete blind spot when it comes to over paying free agent relievers. If this were a 2 year 6 million dollar deal I wouldn't be crazy about it.

I don't think hate is a strong enough word for my feelings on this. Guys that can give his overall production out of the pen are a dime a dozen.

No Worries likes this.
  13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Steep price to pay for Hector the Protector. The Phillies’ weakness last season was their bullpen and they brought in Ian Kennedy (a mediocre player) mid-season to be the closer…presumably because they didn’t think Neris could do the job. Perhaps a change of scenery helps Neris.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  14. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

You can had offer Graveman that....

raining threes likes this.
  15. Jeremy Williams

He doesn’t have mediocre projections.

16. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

This feels like a panic move after losing out on Graveman. Neris is getting more AAV than Graveman....

Nook and HTown2017Champs like this.
  17. Jeremy Williams

Meyers is a bust?? He didn’t exactly come with pedigree expectations. He blew away expectations on arrival and shows a ton of promise for the future.

18. Jeremy Williams

Not when you compare them. Take a closer look.

Snake Diggit and everyday eddie like this.
  19. Major

Major Member

Yeah, no idea what the purpose of this is. There's no reason to pay this kind of money to a middle reliever.

raining threes likes this.
  20. Jeremy Williams

They obviously didn’t like Graveman’s work against LHH.

H-Town Info likes this.