1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Poll) Who do you think will be the Rockets next head coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 24, 2021.

?

Whoz it gunna b

1. Jazzy Jeff

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. Professor Lucas

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. Patrick

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. The Mayor

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. A real HC who Tilman will pay A LOT of money for (JVG/Atkins/Cassell/others)

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Cheapman Fertita ain't paying for another HC so he'll just promote an assistant.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

we'll get Lucas as a cheap fill-in for the balance of the season (ala JBB)...
    and then Fritatta will be forced to open the pocketbook during the off season to try to reinvigorate diminished interest... i think he'd go with JVG to try for the H-town tie in for local interest... but after his ego continues to take a beating, he may go with whoever the 'smart choice' is among analysts and try to regain some personal credibility...

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Coaches are there to either set the stage for winning or outright winning. I guarantee you they aren't given minutes marching orders. They are often as highly paid as the players and they would immediately expose such orders after they lose their job. AFAIK no fired coaches have made such a claim. I'm sure a fired coach would be happy to expose the FO that meddled in their job and potentially caused their failure.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Man, I have no idea. I hope it's JVG. But I now realize I know nothing at all about basketball. I mean, last night, when Silas put House into the game in the second half, I said to my wife, "See, that right there, the mere fact he's playing House, shows there's no way he's head coach material." Ugh.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Mark Jackson

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

John Wall. He's about to be the highest paid coach in NBA history.

xiki likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

You know getting the finances in order doesn't make you cheap. We still have Gordon's bad contract to get rid of

8. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Hey, man. So because we have EG's contract, whom is slightly overpaid, TF is exempt from hiring a new HC that is not utter garbage? Having a competent HC is necessary. It's not a luxory.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have no idea. Who is available? I still can't forgive JVG for bringing all his old over the hill Knicks players here. Also, he is all defense, which isn't what the current NBA is about. Luke Walton would be better than Silas. Mark Jackson would be great, but I don't think he wants to leave the broadcast booth. Who is not currently under contract.? I think Rick Carlisle would be great. Where is he?

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He is learning, just like the players are learning. Fans complain so much on here. you can put any coach in the league on this team and the record would be not much different and you would be attacking that coach. The roster is young, there are going to be inconsistencies, that is a given.

Let me tell you this, Phil Jackson never coached a rebuilding team and he is rated up near the top as far as greatest coaches ever. To be a truly great coach, you need to go from the bottom to the top to really appreciate a coach and how hard the job is. Some fans think it is easy.

Silas has an inexperienced roster that needs to grow together and that is the only way they will get more consistent

11. futilman

futilman Member

Will weaver

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

It is this season. The defence has picked up a lot. Last season's best defensive efficiency mark was 104.8............that would be ranked 14th highest this season.

also Luke Walton is a rubbish coach. He only got hired off an interim job at the Warriors..............a monkey could have coached that team

13. hakeemthagreat

Hell no