1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the better player in 5 years Sengun or Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 23, 2021.

?

Who will be better in 5 years?

1. Green

47.6%
  2. Sengun

52.4%
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah I can see Sengun on the FT line or elbow with Green and KPJ either slashing to the rim or running to the corners.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao, so all you have to do to be Kobe is be lanky, young, and athletic?

Lmfao, in other words, pretty much every team in the NBA has at least one Kobe?

Jesus, Kobe was definitely over rated, but even I'll admit he wasn't THAT bad.

aaquaa, clos4life, CXbby and 4 others like this.
  3. Sengun

Sengun Member

You have to change your dealer, pal. That stuff he gave you seems to have destroyed your brain.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was clear in that Bulls game that Sengün's game is not based on much athleticism and jumping high therefore less susceptible to bigger injuries.

Injuries could do some physical and mental damage to the development of a player.

aaquaa likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sneaky athleticism.

DeBeards, burlesk and Easy like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

And the award for dumbest post of the day goes to, this guy.

Sheeeeesh. Talk about a rough night.

cmoak1982, CXbby and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was responding to the statement that Green has 0% chance to be like Kobe. And then the poster used Sengun-Wilt and KPJ-Bird to "support" his claim. I was just showing his logical flaw.

I have never claimed that Green will be the next Kobe. But to say that he has zero chance is as ludicrous. Nobody knows that. To make it like it is already a fact is not very smart.

Nobody predicted Giannis or Jokic would be an MVP caliber player in their rookie season. Heck, nobody thought Harden would be this good when he was a rookie. Don't be so sure of your opinion.

Kobe averaged 7.6 points in his rookie season.

harold bingo, Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought you were the one with the KPJ Bird thing.....core blimey!

There is only one Kobe.....he is right about that.

There is only a 0.01% chance he becomes exactly like Kobe and surgically repair his face to look like him and trying to get with Vannessa. (Just kidding) Same tatts as well.

He can become better than Kobe or worse than Kobe.

Easy likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Obligatory
    [​IMG]
    :D

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On a serious note, that is a bad message for Kobe stans.

Kobe versions are not even popular at this moment, people want Taller Harden versions with Defense.

A swiss army knife superstar. #MissHarden (not me)

Live the Dream!

Easy likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Y'all know it's crazy as hell to pit two teenage teammates against each other like this right?

12. hakeemthagreat

I know you guys are fascinated with foreign players (DMo, Delfino etc..) but it amazes me how obsessed you are. Comparing Sengun to Green is blasphemy.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, it's disrespectful to Sengun to compare him to an unskilled scrub like Green.

CXbby, aaquaa, Ankara1923 and 2 others like this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

I know you're obsessed with guys with afros who can jump high and are athletic, but other than that show no actual grasp of fundamentals or obvious skill.

But it amazes me how obsessed you are. Comparing Green to Sengun is blasphemy.

CXbby, aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

95% of the NBA is this lol. Am I a NBA fan? Absolutely. What league are you a fan of?

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

If it's not Green then Stone screwed up royally. That being said, it's looking like Sengun right now.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Wowsa. So Jalen Green really ISNT that special then.

Thank you for proving my point.

That's all folks.

aaquaa likes this.
  18. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

They're teammates not enemies, I won't dignify this discord sowing remediation. Green will make all you knee jerk toxic scoffers look like complete fools.

19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I don't know who will be better in 5 years.
    Personally I hope they have to split the MVP award for about 3 or 4 years in a row.
    It's ridiculous to say that ANY PLAYER can't improve exponentially after a couple of years in the NBA.
    There have been too many players that have just had things "click" after a year or two to say it can't happen to JG or anyone with enough talent to be in the league!

But as to this stuff about the gleague being inferior to college and people not knowing that being idiots (as some have tried to imply) I heard a podcast before the draft with Chad Ford, John Hollinger and I think 1 other draft expert where they stated that most draft experts they had asked considered the gleague slightly above college basketball when considering and evaluating draft talent.
    So it's not just draftniks that thought that way, at least some of the "experts" did as well.
    Neither one are the same thing, although the way things have gone so far might make me question the competency of the Ignite coach (Brian Shaw) more than anything.

As to height I didn't know Vucevic was supposed to be 7'0'' tall.
    I thought he was like 6'10'' or 11''.
    It's great if he is because Alpie was clearly shorter than him and I've been eyeballing Alpie against other players he has gone up against in the 6'10'' range and I've got to say he looks 6'9'' tops to me.
    I would looooove it if he was 6'10.5'' though.

And Jalen, I have NEVER seen any kind of official measurement thing where it states his height, wingspan, standing reach and things like that.
    If he has had one post/during the draft please someone post a link (thanks in advance).
    I know that I have eyeballed Jalen against other players and when he's against players (supposedly) 6'3'' he looks much taller, against players 6'4'' slightly taller and players 6'6'' slightly shorter.
    I really don't see any way he could be only 6'3.5'' tall unless it's without shoes which would make him around 6'5'' in shoes.
    I think the absolute lowest I could believe would be 6'4.5'' in shoes.
    But again this is just the eyeball test.

I wish they would make it mandatory for any draft eligible participant to be measured beforehand!
    It would make all this speculation unnecessary!

20. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

If Sengun was from the US, he would be drafted as top pick. If Jalen Green was from Turkey he had no chance in the first round.

Hope Jalen Green becomes better player than Shane Larkin but Alp will always be miles ahead of him.