1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How much of the Rittenhouse trial did you watch?

2. Gioan Baotixita

I have not watched the trial because it is on almost the same timeline as the Rittenhouse's trial. It's like 2 games going on at the same time so you just watched the one that draws the most interests. If I have time during this long weekend, I'll probably take a look at it. They were found mostly guilty with a few exceptions of not guilty of malice for the other 2 guys. Did you follow it and if you did, what's your take?

3. Gioan Baotixita

All of it.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I didn't watch this trial like I have some others in the past either - That had nothing to do with who might have been held accountable or not , it had to do with the fact that there was little doubt that this case would turn out the way it did.

After watching the video of this act , Everyone expected a guilty verdict and that's exactly what we got.

There was no real drama here ...

All three of them will serve life sentences for killing a man.

Notice there's no need to add the descriptive and the point remains the same. Those morons killed a man and now they'll live out their days in prison.

Roc Paint and Gioan Baotixita like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I watched all of that one .... but that's because there was some doubt as to the ultimate verdict.

This case , we knew they were guilty .... I had no doubt all three of these dudes would be found guilty after seeing that video.

rockbox and Gioan Baotixita like this.
  6. bobrek

60+ or so hours worth? That's impressive.

Squirtle likes this.
  7. Gioan Baotixita

I did the same thing on the OJ's trial too. Almost got fired from my job. I was very young then but the law fascinates me.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm surprised you said this. Honestly, I thought the Rittenhouse case had a more obvious verdict especially with how the prosecution team was woefully incompetent. Think Rittenhouse has issues but I don't think he should have been charged with murder. He shouldn't have been there but it was pretty clear it was a case of self-defense.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Especially since they're not in Florida.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You get right down to it , it was the defense who was incompetent.

They let the state bring in that provocation angle with a single grainy screenshot you couldn't make out.

Every major decision in that trial went the way of the prosecution - except for the final verdict.

The defense didn't bother to object to major issues , just let sh@t go time and again .... there were at least 20 times while watching that trial where I'm screaming "Object!" while they sit quietly .... That sentiment was expressed by the lawyers who streamed the case too .... the defense was woefully incompetent.

If it weren't for the cut and dried video , I think there's a good chance there was an alternate verdict because they were so bad.

Prior to watching the trial , none of us had seen that drone footage that showed Rosenbaum attack Rittenhouse , we only saw another angle where Rittenhouse went into the dark followed by Rosenbaum , shots are fired and only one of them emerged ..... That initial event being self defense was the crux of the case .... if he's not justified in shooting Rosenbaum , he's not justified in shooting any of the others either .....

I really thought this Aubrey trial was as cut and dried as a trial can be going in , the defense needed a miracle ..... that they didn't get.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I believe the original DA didn't want them arrested and almost didn't get charged. Justice was served this time but only because the public wouldn't let the good ole boy club get them off.

12. bobrek

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

thank God too that the McMichaels and Roddy have the IQ of a pet rock recording their crime and doing all that talking to the police before their arrest explaining how they didn’t see or know if Arbery had committed a crime and how they followed him in their dumbass attempt to make a citizens arrest

these dumb MFers basically self snitched

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't believe that for a minute.

This case was too big for that ..... the prosecution only had the defendants statements to go on ..... until the video surfaced and that changed everything.

The moment they realized they had a case , they forced the issue , wouldn't even accept plea deals. They wanted convictions and got them.

15. Gioan Baotixita

This is why watching or followIng the whole damn trial is so important. I only saw the initial video when the gun went off and Arberry was dead. Never under any circumstances that you can come to any conclusions by just listening to those little demons from the MSM.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You don't post this way for 20 years without having something seriously, seriously wrong with you. Homeboy is a clown the same way John Wayne Gacy was. Total sociopath.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. bobrek

Hopefully on the RekietaLaw channel

18. bobrek

But we haven't seen any [Premium Post] or GOOD DAY in a while. Makes you wonder....

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@generalthade had to show his face after welching lmao

AleksandarN and Squirtle like this.
  20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’m very happy justice was rightfully served in this case. Things are still far from perfect, but this is a step in the right direction.