1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to up Josh Christopher's minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another potential-laden player who should not be behind Danuel House.

Though I’ve only gotten to see him in garbage time for the most part, seems like he’s improving rapidly

topfive likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I want Christopher and Garuba to tear up the G League for 10 games man, both of them taking an insane volume of 3's. Go crazy, work on your stroke heavily and come back. That's the only thing in their way at the moment, they are better defenders than most of the roster and we're an almost average defensive team already (ranked 18th currently).

Dead last in offense and that's probably why it's harder to get these guys on the floor.

3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Exactly, he’s another combo guard that we’re trying to get to play point rather than be the backup SG. At least he won’t be a sieve on defense. I don’t know if his 3 PT shot will hold up, usually the spacing collapses when he’s on the floor

Hank McDowell likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His game is more NBA ready it seems.

DD

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

This is nice. Feels like I’ve seen this move before though. Hmm

Plowman and burlesk like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I too was unsatisfied with our turnover numbers... Need more.

burlesk likes this.
  7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Am just accepting that this is how it’s gonna be until the trade deadline, trying to pump up some kind of return value for these guys…. That’s the only way to explain it, no?

… it’s all gonna be just… fine…

for real, though, that’s the only outcome that will make sense of this — if the vets are mostly gone at the trade deadline, for young guys, picks, whatever…. (Undecided on Wood)…And we can put this stupid bs behind us.

Will sit in my rocking chair by the fire with my cat in my lap, and my cuppa tea, and knit until then….

or as my wife says, just lay back and think of mother England.

#27 burlesk, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    Plowman and napalm06 like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

explains why tillmen wants him benched. we need to chet for shet

juanming likes this.
  9. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

10. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

11. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

Welp. The JayGup experiment is over.

12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

13. i3artow i3aller

14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

We are almost 20% of the way through the season, and Josh's minutes are less than half of what they were last season, what happened here? I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but dont hate him either, hard to form an opinion when he doesnt play. This guy is so hyped up among basketball fans, how can you not find any meaningful minutes for the guy? Seems like we are wasting these draft picks by not trading them and letting guys rot.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I dislike what Silas is doing with Nix and Christopher. Both of them are clearly not NBA ready, and are always the worse players on the court.

Giving Christopher 5 minutes this game is pointless when Tari Eason, who played 18 minutes, could easily have played those minutes instead. You are not committing fully to giving Christopher minutes so he can't really do anything to showcase himself, and you are also taking minutes away from a guy that is showing he can do something on the court (Eason).

Nix also has a weirdly long leash, much longer than Christopher. Nix is the only 10 minute guy I have seen who can be so lazy on both ends of the court yet somehow be rewarded with more minutes.

16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

How is he so hyped up by basketball fans? This is the only place where anyone knows where he is.

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol nooo not at all true, JayGup has a massive cult following in the basketball world, and that world exists heavily outside of clutchfans. Any 5 star recruit who is targeted by Kentucky whether they go or not, will garner a ton of attention, they have ridiculous Stans. He also played with Jalen Green w Las Vegas Elite, and they did very well, Jalen's fans became fans of JayGup, and they both were very famous before even entering the league. If you watch any basketball outside of NBA , Nike EYBL etc, these were household names. For example if you take the the instagram followers of every single Rocket outside of Jalen Green and Boban, and combine them JayGup will have more followers. Harden would tweet about him while he was at Arizona State, so he has been on people's radar a while. If you ever check out the Rockets own instagram people are always calling for him to get minutes. Casuals will know 3 guys on the Rockets, Green, Boban, and JayGup. They won't even know who Jabari is, and they won't even know that Boban is currently on the Rockets, but will know who he is.

18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

They should send him down to the RGV for some run with specific goals to work on for whatever role they envision him having going foward.

Send TyTy with him so they can build some chemistry. They both need to be in the gym putting up a 1000 shots a day. Everyday. No point in having them waste away on the bench. In the meantime find a trade for Gordon and Matthews. Once their gone, bring them back.

Being designated trash time guy cannot be good for Josh's psyche after such a heavy role last year. Maybe the time away would help him get back to where he was last year.

maj21 likes this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is he still having problems with his hip?

We need to finally move EG out, but I guess they're waiting on the deadline.

20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Oh you mean even before he was on the team? OK that's fair. We're just diminishing his brand by the day lol He falls into that "true baller" category that people love which basically just means 1 on 1 isolation scorer like Cam Thomas or CJ McCollum or Jordan Clarkson.

BallSoHarden likes this.