1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston Rockets Weighing Future of Head Coach Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 24, 2021.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So I was looking up Stephen Silas pics and in the recommendations it said (wife) and I thought why not take a look

First of all, she looks like she's 16 which is interesting, I found something totally trivial to be slightly more interesting when reading the page that had her picture.

So the kid we had on our summer league roster Trey Phills is the son of Bobby Phils, so the Rockets kind of gave Silas' wifes nephew a spot on our summer league

[​IMG]

What does any of this mean? Nothing, but semi-interesting to me

2. Sengun

Sengun Member

What I don't understand is if Stone is dictating rotation to Silas why would he want to fire Silas?

Another thing I don't understand is if Stone wants Theis to play in front of Sengun and he considers it normal for Sengun to have 5 minutes in the rotation, then why did he trade two FRPs to pick him 16th pick?

This whole thing makes no sense to me. I think Silas prioritizes win the games over player development and therefore wants to give more chances to the vets, but Stone, on the contrary, wants to have a season focused entirely on player development.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It’s a bad sign to future FAs if you sign and then never see the court. He needs to play some minutes otherwise trade him.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The bold is the bingo.

If Stone and the FO are really dictating what Silas does then why fire him? Sounds like they have the perfect puppet coach why risk that and bring someone else in mid-season no less?

It's more likely that Silas has disappointed Stone and the FO in some way, might not even be rotations for all we know but strategy. As I keep saying, how they play is incompatible with the players they put on the court. Period.

5. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Players need to take half the blame too.

Shooting has been horrible. Like 5 westbricks playing at all times!

Hopefully a new coach might improve offensive system and open shots.

hakeem94 and Joe Rocket like this.
  6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

That ****er needs to be punished for the 1996-97 playoffs.

Jontro and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Okay I don't know what the fck I'm reading anymore so im gonna post it here for you guys to read

Spread the loveKeryl Silas is publicly known as Stephen Silas’s wife. Talking about her individual life, she was previously a singer and a songwriter. She wasn’t mainstream famous but was locally renowned as The Porsha, which was given to her by her coach Master P.
    As a singer, Mrs. Silas co-wrote her single named Someday. Her song Nothing Stays The Same, in collaboration with the producer O’Del was also featured in the Foolish.

Keryl Silas was born to an American family. However, the American national Silas has not opened much about her parents.
    Keryl is also known for collaborating with hip-hop icons such as Snoop Dog. She has written and appeared in Snoop’s song I Can’t Take The Heat.
    She holds an undergraduate degree in Microbiology from Southern University. She also completed her Masters in Education from the University of California.
    Keryl is the founder of Clain It Productions. Through the organization, she conducts various programs and events to encourage youths to pursue their callings.
    As noted, Keryl was born on November 11, 1978, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. As of the year 2020, she is recorded to be 42 years of age.
    She is the younger sister of Kendall Watkins. Her sister is the widow of former NBA athlete Bobby Phills who passed away at the age of 30 from an egregious car accident.
    Keryl is currently married to Stephen Silas since 2002. Her husband is the head coach for the NBA’s Boston Massacheuttes. The couple is also blessed with two gorgeous children Kyler Elyse and Kaelyn.
    Keryl is not available on Wikipedia, unlike her voguish husband. Her fans can, however, learn about her from external gossip sites such as Fabwags.
    Keryl is currently living in a successful family. But as to her financials, there has not been an estimation of her net worth so far.
    https://vidmid.com/news/keryl-silas-stephen-silas-wife-children-net-worth-instagram-wiki?uid=221024

Who did this lmao

Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

he would want to fire him if he believes that Silas isn’t bringing about the results he feels should be achieved with his dictated lineups

Mr Woods and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

people pleasers never suceed.... a bad sign to future FA? ...getaouta here!
    whatever you do youll piss somebody off... so you better make sure you piss of the right people or wrong people if you know what i mean....

if i am another star FA coming here i sure dont want seeing bad players get PT and ruin the team just because they were signed...i wanna join the winning culture,,,,lololololol

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice work inspector, i would of expected @heypartner to do something like this... i need to look more into your work

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NEPOTISM

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. fattz

fattz Member

He doesn’t need to be.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

FIRE THIS CLOWN ALREADY!

15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stone to Silas:
    [​IMG]

DeBeards, Tfor3, ThatBoyNick and 2 others like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So all of this sounds like he is not learning from feedback, and stubborn. Which means he needs to be fired.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So stone is calling Silas mid game and telling him to play Sengun for 5 minutes then leave him on the bench? Stone is telling him to close games with Wood and Theis?

Sounds plausible….lol

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

DeBeards, Tfor3 and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is dumb.

If he doesn't have control over playing time then most of yall just want a different hc that Coaches Harder?

What kind of 1st class replacement wants that cuck role?