1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston Rockets Weighing Future of Head Coach Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 24, 2021.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bro Theis is playing 4.5 more minutes per game than Sengun, Green is behind Wood 0.1 in FGA's per game, Silas has to be fired.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

last I checked TIllman gave CP3 a phat ****in contract. Did u also forget to mention how he went around on live TV btching about how expensive the contract was and how proud he was when he got rid of it? Yea bud u r just using tilman defenders talking points and conveniently spinning it in a positive light

Don't think u are any different from the previous tilman defenders. They all say the same sht and r oblivious too how much they Stan for a cheapass owner.

I kid u not look up posters that Stan for tilman, they say or push the same exact narrative u r pushing.

#122 DatRocketFan, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Silas was doomed from the start

if he had James Harden, he’d be well on his way to being a 2x playoff coach, and even if he still wasn’t an amazing coach, he wouldn’t be seen as a joke and a laughingstock

worst backcourt in the league…no shooting…team full of low BBIQ players…his best scorer is Christian freaking Wood

Silas pulled up to the Nascar race with a Barbie Convertible and had to make it work

I do feel kinda sorry for him…he’ll never get hired as a HC again

Rashmon, bballjunkie, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol even with his incompetence he would have the McHale treatment if he had harden.

Sad to see a desperate minority wanting to b a hc soooo bad jumped on this shtty job that was doomed from the start. Hell he doesn't even have his tank commander wall playing

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I like Silas the person. When we hired him I thought 'this is going to be our coach for the next decade.' And now I'm really at a loss for his coaching. The total inflexibility when it comes to starting lineups and playing time. The lackluster and lifeless performances by a roster that should be able to put up competitive outings 10 games into the season. The benching of young players who have proven themselves on the court and every statistical category is showing deserve more minutes.

Maybe he's a great coach for an established team. People are right, rebuilding sucks. But there are coaches out there that have managed a rebuild okay. Have helped with young player development and are adaptable and adjust to what they're seeing on the court. Silas just isn't one of those coaches right now.

Dopamine, jch1911 and Joe Rocket like this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LMAO jesus you are very intent on labeling me a Tillman defender this is every conversation on here like I said early there's no awareness of nuance on here youre labeled an only fan just for saying common sense things lol Again whats the point of even having a conversation if youre gonna do that. Two days ago I said Sengun could shoot 3's and was labeled a Sengun only fan lol I said Jalen hasnt shown all of his abilities yet and got labeled a Jalen nutt hugger I say that Tillman isnt the only one to blame and now Im a TIllman defender LMAO. Jesus its brutal to talk about anything on here lol

bballjunkie likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I can't say for the topics u mentioned aside from tilman cause I haven't engaged myself into those topics. Look up what tilman Stan say for tilman regarding the cp3 trade. U will find how eerily u sound like them. Blame literally everyone else but the owner himself. And even when claiming "everyone is at fault" still believe harden was the main reason for the collapse of the team not the owner being a cheap ass or him having a personal motive for doing it. Hell u probably think tilman isn't a cheap ass.

Stop crying as a victim.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

How come everyone is just glossing over this part of the article?

If he were to make a change at head coach, it seems Stone would maintain a similar level of influence over the coaching staff and Rockets' rotation, an increasing trend around the NBA.

How do we know which lineup ideas are Silas’, and which ones are Stone’s?

Stone really out here matrix dodging all forms of criticism

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

10. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Youre still saying I said things that I never said ****ing christ lol

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Your talking points are basically everything a tilman defender would say. Go look it up if u don't believe me. U can say u don't defend the man but somehow u like to blame mostly everyone aside from the main person causing the collapse of our team.

Like straight up who is mainly to blame for the cp3 trade. Go and don't give me the everyone is at fault bs cause I know u don't believe in that sht.

HP3 likes this.
  13. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I'm willing to try Kyrie approach of no coach this season.

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Thats the big issue here we dont and thats why I said if he was he's fired that means he's doing what Stone wants him to do or Tillman is being cheap. So we still wont fully know lol

#134 Joe Rocket, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

A few have commented on it, but IDIOT! It’s really troubling and if true then I have very little hope. Stone needs to focus on his side of things, but he learned from Morey. Tilman probably wants his ear close to the ground so Stone is his pawn, most likely. It’s all kinds of bad really.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

OH for ****s sake. We started this talking about Morey and you are stuck on TIllman. You realize that I SAID IT IS TILLMANS FAULT BUT NOT JUST ON HIM. Several ****in times and youre going off on how im a TIllman defender which makes no sense because I dont even like TIllman, like as a person LMAO. Then you start saying im playing victim for simply bringing up the fact that you keep saying things I didnt say as if I said them and ****ing responding to yourself as if youre responding to me LMAO. Youve convinced yourself im some sort of secret TIllman boogie man here to defend him LMAO. No wonder I go off on people here, Ive been trying to be more respectful and level headed but damn you people make it hard. I went this entire conversation without calling you an idiot, I derserve some credit for that lol.

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I see two sides of it. Its unprofessional and Silas should be left to coach his own team but if youre Tillman and cheap and you dont want to fire him but he's not good at his job you have to do something.

18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sigh. Claiming u don't like tilman and not a tilman defender yet repeat the same ass narrative as the other tilman stans. Honestly just go read the cp3 trade thread if u have the time (which seemes like u do) and u will see variants of our discussion.

U blame harden for being a diva, Morey for leading us into this mess. Tilman being charitable and giving out the expensive contact, ignoring/refusing to mentioned any moments of tilman btching and bragging about getting rid of cp3. No mentioned of harden being fine if trade didn't go through and etc. Like I honestly feel like I am went back in time talking to another tilman defender. Oh and the outright Denial of even liking tilman.

After countless posts. Some admittance that Everyone is at fault (if lucky) but harden is the diva and we were ultimately catering to him. The end

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Does it matter anymore? This is a young team and we're on a rebuild.

Just bring the coach from the Vipers to coach this team.