1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don’t forget, Rafael Stone put this team together.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Nov 22, 2021.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

At the start of last year we were a title contender and had one of the best records in the league over the last 10 years. There are literally probably 26 or 27 worse orgs over that same time period....it sucks to rebuild, but I mean we aren't even a full year into the rebuild yet and you are ALREADY complaining about how bad the org currently is that was one of the best the previous 10 years?!?!?! Get some perspective....

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is rock bottom.

D-rock, rockbox and Tmac1Yao11 like this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Sadly, I agree. The Theis and Nwaba signings are terrible. Drafting Green over Mobley now looks questionable. Traded Oladipo for nothing.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Wasted a pick after 17 games? LOL. Let's jump to conclusions already.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was wasted as soon as they made it. I imagine it'll take a few more years before people admit it though.

At least they did very well with their other picks....would be nice if they played them more.

tycoonchip likes this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Honestly the draft is the only thing that saved his image a lot of his decisions last year were puzzling. With Silas being Silas its starting to call into question everything that Stone has done to get to this point.

Roomba likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We just got the hunting license.

Be patience, Grasshopper.

[​IMG]

tinman and Shark44 like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Someone mentioned 3-29 start for Westbrook and KD. There is no real minor leagues for players to develop in the NBA (G-League doesn't really count) and NFL. You have to learn in league and it sometimes is not pretty.

18pbr and harold bingo like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yeah, give up on a player after 17 games....LOL.

10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I stopped reading after Jarrett Allen

Corrosion, 18pbr and Htown Stros like this.
  11. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

LOL at people crying about Jarrett Allen.

The only stupid decision...and I do mean absolutely STUPID decision...was signing Theis. What a stupid move that made zero sense at the time and now looks to be even dumber. We can't bench him because we need to trade him - which is extremely frustrating because he is a terrible fit with Wood and he's taking minutes away from Sengun, Martin, and the rest of the young players we should be developing.

Manny Ramirez and JayGoogle like this.
  12. thekad

thekad Member

The Rockets from 2018 have basically nothing to do with this group.

The Rockets haven’t been a title contender since the owner forced an incredibly dumb trade for Westbrook. The good actors from the pre-Tilman era are gone and the Rockets are left with the scraps this cheap owner will pay for. There has been no organization in the association worse than the Tilman Rockets.

Fortunately for the Fertittas, clowns like @tinman will swallow whatever garbage they pour down their throats.

slothy420 likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"Giving up" would imply some kind of faith in him to begin with.

I'm still hopeful that one day he might learn how to play basketball and could possibly even be a slight net positive if he improves enough.....but c'mon, are there really people who still think he has ANY chance of living up to his draft position?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We got Yao that next year

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Wasn't Anthony Edwards worse than Green to start his rookie season?

18pbr likes this.
  16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Stone was handed a team on flames, he likely did the best he could given the superstar crybabies demanding to be traded. We truly can't evaluate the work until its complete. All we can do at this point is speculate, criticize and cajole each other into fantasizing we could have done better to help us cope with this situation.

Losing sucks and is tough on a team and its fanbase, but there are some hints of sunshine in the dark clouds. Hang in their CF, the ride has just started--Tank Part Deux is underway, and we're not a quarter through the season yet.

napalm06 and xaos like this.
  17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I can forgive him for everything but man…. I really wanted Evan Mobley!

That’s the one real strike for me, we can’t keep tanking for him to swing and miss like that.

D-rock likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol. Doubling down on calling green a bust I see.

Lonzo ball looked pretty meh with a broken ass stroke when he was drafted, man hone his craft. If that man was able to overcome it, Green could improve also.

Let's jiat see how well your post age in a few years.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see, most hyper athletic unskilled players like Green don't amount to much, though a miracle is always possible I guess.

Right now he's arguably the worst player in the league.

20. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Since we are judging Green after only 17 games then let’s say Evan Mobley is injury prone already..:he is out for 4 weeks and we all know the best ability is availability.