1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

That is very ****ed up.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think if the Texans are holding out hope for Mills to be a franchise type QB, they need to reevaluate their scouting department.

I'd be perfectly happy with trading down, getting an extra first next year, and drafting Kenny Pickett.

Fulgore likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don’t know…not sure I’m feeling this QB class.
    For sure not taking any with a top three pick.

Among the notable opinions on the possible QBs in next year's draft:
    • "Pickett is a lock to go in Round 1, and Howell is solidly there, too. Then either Willis, Ridder, or Corral, maybe two of them. Pickett is a little surprise, but he's really established himself."
    • "All of the top guys have really interesting traits. Corral can really sling it, Pickett has been doing it for a long time, Ridder is kind of fun. They all have tools you can really develop."
    • "It's not that close to last year depth-wise, but people need 'em and at least three go in Round 1."
    • "I don't know that all of them are truly worthy of getting picked in Round 1, but everybody needs them and you aren't getting one in Round 2. Not as deep as last year, but three for sure -- Corral, Willis and Pickett -- plus a wild card.
    • "Willis, Corral, Howell, Pickett -- all will rise when the coaches get involved and all are really talented."
    • "There isn't a guy where I'm like, 'That's definitely a franchise QB.' Corral has guts and swagger, some people are really high on the kid from Liberty (Willis), and Pickett has had the best year of all of them. I know people have some love for the Nevada kid (Strong). It could be five guys in any order."
    • "We have three QBs ranked solidly in the first round."
    • "I think three is the right number. They said 2017 was a down year and two of the top five QBs in the sport (Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes) came from that draft. And neither were taken inside the top 10."

4. Buck Turgidson

Agreed. You know at least one of them will turn out to be a damn good QB, but who the hell knows which one and where he will/should be drafted?

ROXRAN likes this.
  5. raining threes

I want Caserio to focus on adding players at other positions this draft and then adding a QB in 2023 or 2024 if Mills proves to not be the guy. Rebuild the team, then draft your QB, even if it costs you to move up and get your guy. Of course there's not a qb in this draft that I'm really high on, except maybe Strong and he might have bone on bone in his knee.

6. Buck Turgidson

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thought I would join the crowd with that little joke…lol

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Howell has really struggled, right? I just don’t see it.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would draft Pickett if I were the Texans. I know not many agree.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not with our first pick in the first.

Maybe with our other pick from a Watson trade

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You really think Mills has a chance to be a franchise QB after what we've seen??

A franchise QB does something special, be it his arm talent, running ability, reads, etc. I didn't see NOTHING from Mills....NUTT'N

primtim24 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Go watch the game vs New England

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The team has struggled, he’s actually put up some great games. Huge running games

14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Based on JRs Rapport article posted earlier I think Pickett is a guy that will rise after the combine and his pro day. He will probably end up being a top 5 pick. Now whether the Texans like him enough to draft him that early is a different story.

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

It’s a long shot but the Bears, Jets, Jags and Niners will give their 1st round qbs all the opportunity and weapons needed to succeed. I think it’s unfair to discard Mills after a 1/2 season.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

3rd pick take the cb from LSU

10th pick from the Deshaun trade, take the holy phenom linebacker. There is no other way around it. If you're not going to move away from Lovie you need that middle LB to be juiced Cushing.

other 1st round pick from Watson trade: Edge rusher, someone who drops.

35th pick: Willis! Mills and Willis death match to start.

People will want o line but as long as the dummies believe in that V word from that other team they were employed by, the line will never play in unison.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

There's a difference between being a devout follower of Christ and a proselytizer like the Texans attempt to be. Regardless, Bryce Young also touts some Christianity on his insta - maybe he would be the next QB?

I like both, but I'll take the bigger guy at the next level and err on the side of measurables.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not sure we are going to get a top 3 pick. The Texans look like they may f*** up and win 2 or 3 more games. Their defense is playing well and Taylor can at least run.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It will be another 2011 type draft then. Not sure how any of the guys in question this year have really distinguished themselves. Analysts will just cling to arm talent and measurables, but none of them are leading their teams to anything and play some questionable opposition. 2023 is the QB year - need to be patient.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sucks for the lions having the top pick where they need a qb. I hope they take one so all the great defensive talent falls down