1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

REAL TALK! Why VS and not AND?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 21, 2021.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to see a lot of talk on this board of Green VS Sengun, when it should be Green AND Sengun. Aren't they both Rockets or did I miss something?? If they are BOTH playing well, we WIN, correct?

2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who is pitting two of our players against each other doesn’t get what being a supporter of a team is about.

Saw it a lot with Dmo/Tjones, Lin/anybody who got more minutes than Lin.

But I think the vast majority of us just want both guys to excel because we like them both and them doing well most likely means the Rockets will do well, too.

TLDR: both Green and Sengun are awesome! And most of us will root for all of our guys! Except for House! Nobody likes him!

3. xaos

xaos Member

Nah. Sengun and Green are our future. No one important is saying Green vs Sengun in any meaningful context

4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Is Green VS Sengun even a thing?

5. xaos

xaos Member

No. Shut it down

groovemachine and Roomba like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's exactly right. No one important is pitting those two against each other. Only clown posters.

#6 fchowd0311, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I can already think of a few (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

I think vs was only for us(foreigners) and for some of mobley mob. But this has to be said my view about green changed in last 4 games . He started to get intelligent baskets ,he isn't forcing to much , realised his body limits strengthwise. today someone wrote in space about sengun as he is the brain of rockets .whether sengun is brain ,green is hands of rockets. these two can't be tought seperately and would become most impactful duo in a few years time.

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We only have this problem because of sillyass lineups.

Bo6 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s only the Mobley fanbois who are also Jalen Green haters that are doing it

they literally get excited when Jalen Green isn’t playing well…it’s so pathetic, but their behavior is also so predictable which makes it boring

majicdonjuan, Bo6, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I think you could always change the angle here.

Player A vs Player B to me is a player comparison and should not automatically mean that one player has to be discarded.

Player comparisons should not be taboo.

In the event of management having a 'triage' situation, of course there should be a valid conversation here.

We are triggered, jumping to conclusions, making up our mind about something prematurely, we are human.

Even if people were pitting player vs player, management gives exactly Zero shets about our opinion.

#11 daywalker02, Nov 21, 2021
  12. Rockets4Life13

For real Rockets fans it’s AND.

For fake ass Rockets fans that would rather be right on Green failing than the Rockets getting a Star, its VS.

needless to say, anyone in the 2nd category belongs on the ignore list and the board is an infinitely better place.

majicdonjuan, CRJ713 and treyk3 like this.
  13. Sengun

Sengun Member

This comparison hurts both. I told you before. Someone is trying to create a rivalry between them and they could take this personally. They are players of the same team and must compete with opponents, not each other. I see no reason why they shouldn't have a relationship like Murray and Jokic. It would be much better if Silas didn't prevent it, if they did more PnR, played more ball together. Both are key players for the Rockets' future and form the cornerstone of this roster.

Rockets4Life13 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Let's remember these are 19yr olds. I was NO WHERE near the person I was at 19, that I was at 25. It takes time. We as fans are going to have to be patient and if you have 3 on one roster and looking at adding 2 more the next draft. Can you imagine the comparisons at that point?? This player VS that player, when they're nowhere near who they will be?

GIVE THEM TIME TO DEVELOP!

Personally, I wish the Rockets would trade next yrs pick if its outside the top 3 but that's for a different thread.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why those who root for green to fail are fake rockets fans and those who root for losing games are the real fans?

it may be just another level to tanking game

or another level of anti-tanking game,

what do i mean by that?

sengun is epitomy of the antitank mentality because he proves you can draft franchise cornerstone and MVP level player with 16th pick and a little of wheeling and dealing

jalen green is an epithom of tanking mentality, even if you 'earn' top pick tru losing games intentionally you still have high probability of still going nowhere and being stuck in tanking/rebuilding circle for decades because its a high probablity the prospect is a bust... and even if he pan out you still going nowhere because it takes more then few allstars to win it all as we see on pels minnys etc example vividly....

personally green showed me flashes but so is andrew wiggins and jabari parker and countless others busts....hes incredibly raw and has no slightest clue how to use the only thing hes got going for him beyond looks and fashion and followers, his crazy athleticism...

i am rooting for him to prosper but i am also rooting for him to fail so that rockets realize tanking is not the way to go and sengun is the real deal....

ill gladly sacrifice jalen green for my rockets to get on the right path and realize there is no substitute for winning

mirdirir likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That comparison makes no sense.

It should be KPJ vs Green but even then, Rockets would choose Green over Porter, that is automatic.

Players that are higher on the trade list: Gordon, Theis, Wood, Nwaba......

In situations like this, you probably exercise some patience.

#16 daywalker02, Nov 21, 2021
  17. Sengun

Sengun Member

I actually don't think KPJ has a future here.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he will stay 1 or 2 more years.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I agree 1000%, what he said makes NO SENSE but I don't agree with KPJ vs Green either. I think their playing styles are different. KPJ is more combo guard; Harden, Billups type, while Green is more Kobe, Lavine, type.

I think they can function as a back court combo but that's why I would LOVE Ben Simmons as a 4 on this team. Similar to what GS has in Curry, Clay and Dreymond. Curry is not a pure point guard, he's more of a combo type too.

HP3 and daywalker02 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The VS was going to happen because management already laid it out for Kevin Porter based on his contract situation.

They picked his contract for another year but sort of gave him pressure to develop into a PG.

(2 years cough)

It shows their plan is to contend for the Playoffs in 2 years.

Curry is a pretty good PG and a great SG yes, people forget that he still can make plays.

It's just he scores better when someone is feeding him the ball and he can get open.