1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we stop freezing out Jalen Green?!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Nov 20, 2021.

1. WiltTheStilt13

He won’t get froze out in the G-League!!!

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

For all the talk we heard constantly about Harden not moving off the ball, you don't hear a peep about it in regards to Jalen.

Maybe he should move around more instead of staying in the one spot he sets himself up in at the start of the set?

3. OkayAyeReloaded

I'm a Jalen fan but he's developing and needs time before he can take over games. He's playing more efficiently recently, let him get better and stronger over time and he'll grow into the role.

red5rocket, GotGame15, saleem and 7 others like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Absolutely, but the whining about Green this and Green that is nauseating - he is a ROOKIE 19 year old who is VERY raw and is getting better, let's let him get there and better yet.....Let him EARN IT!

DD

red5rocket, GotGame15, saleem and 3 others like this.
  5. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

If you normalize by minutes, it looks even worse (Sengun has much higher touches per minute than green).

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Green is not being froze out, he’s just a rookie getting his feet wet. If he’s open he’ll get the ball.

GotGame15 and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No, he is open and he also can’t get the ball.

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Look at the brightside, this would be 100x worse if Wall was playing.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree that he doesn't get enough touches at certain points in games, but I'm also ok with him finding his way and not forcing things. I see him progressing, I don't want to over do it. He is getting comfortable.

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed!

I sware, I do not get some of these fans! One minute Green is a bust, the next minute he's not getting the ball enough! The same thing happened to MJ and Kobe. Maturation takes time, Jalen will demand more and more respect and the other players will begin to defer once he proves himself.

GotGame15 likes this.
  12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I was just fixing to say you were wrong but after thinking about it....YOU ARE 100% RIGHT! Wall was selfish in games last yr.

Denovo and lakersuck2 like this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

How is that worse?

Sengun is a better player than Green. Can do more with the ball than Green.

It makes sense he has more touches.

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think he has the work ethic of Jordan and Kobe, ability, etc. haven't seen the killer instinct yet.

15. MystikArkitect

Lol Jalen starting to realize he's probably the best player on this team and is going to need to do this himself.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Denovo

Denovo Member

Late in games I’d rather see Green get those touches than Gordon. It’ll only make Green better and get him accustomed to big moments.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Can’t compare Green to Jordan’s rookie year at all. Jordan was 21 & had been in a top college program run by a HOF coach (Dean Smith) for 3 years. He was thin but had gone through a collegiate weight program and had been coached by Bobby Knight in the Olympic Games as well. Thus 28 ppg

Green is more of a rookie Kobe story if anything. Both teenagers Coming from high school or a low level of basketball, He flashes potential but doesn’t have the strong fundamentals mastered on offense or defense. He doesn’t know where his best offense is going to come from yet and gets lost on defense a ton. Kobe was the same way. I hope he has the mamba’s work ethic because it’s the only way that he’ll improve& reach his potential

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

These people are so used to seeing Harden ISO every possession they think Jalen is getting froze out. Today was his first game where he actually shot over people and drove strong on the drive. HE WILL GET THE BALL MORE. There still other players on the team. If Jalen was going to handle everything these vets would be gone. Let's not create another Harden. This was good TEAM BALL this game. Also he couldn't even get a shot up at the end....that was his chance. Instead gave it to Gordon. When the vets are gone he knows he will have to do it. This is good for him in the long run.

groovemachine likes this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

See Jalen knows whats up.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think he's better than Green is now for sure. He's been playing pro ball much longer, so he's use to the physical play and he's more skilled at this point. Green is one yr removed from Highschool.

However, the last 2 games Green has shown an incredible ability of letting the game come to him, rather than to force it. It's like he's getting use to the style of play. He's no longer getting his shots blocked on drives into the lanes, his defense is picking up and his 3-ball is more consistent. You can start to see the "IT" factor.

Sengun will never be a 25 - 30 ppg scorer, Jalen will. It's just a matter of time. Sengun will be a very good player but not sure if he will be great but only time will tell.

red5rocket and Ramo$e like this.