1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steven Silas Lineups

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Oct 27, 2021.

1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Silas is obviously pretty clueless. Great guy! Seems great. Really great, awesome guy. But effectively clueless. His rotations especially are pretty head scratching at times. Watch a good team w a good coach -- when the Rockets had D'Antoni for instance or Ty Lue's Clippers these days -- you never question, 'Why is that guy out there? And why is he out there with him?'

(also Wood has to play the 4 because he's too wimpy and sucky on defense to play 5)

ashleyem and ilovehtownbb like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I really do think Silas is trying to get fired.

I just can’t explain the blatant negligence

AroundTheWorld, ashleyem and ElPigto like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We don’t know ****. None of us have ever been NBA head coaches. We need to stop pretending we know more than a guy with 20 years of being an assistant coach.

-CF members in denial

Dobbizzle likes this.
  5. Sengun

Sengun Member

Everyone says about him that he is a "great guy". I don't think he's a great guy. I think he is an ugly and lame shepherd. After the game yesterday, he said about Theis, "He's a pro. Sengun should be like him." it shows that he is a disgusting person. Silas is absolutely disgusting. Theis was probably masturbating all day at home when he was 19 but Sengun became MVP at the age of 19 in the third best league in the world. And the freak called Silas can't say that Sengun should take Theis as a model.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, what Silas did with the minutes and then that stupid comment clearly seems to be a petty reaction to the likes by Sengun's father on Twitter. Silas clearly reads Clutchfans.

Total small dick move. Petty to no end.

7. Sengun

Sengun Member

If he reads Clutchfans, I want to remind him that he's a such a bigger loser than his father. Let Silas keep it that way, he'll get kicked 10 games later and won't be able to coach a team in the NBA again but Al P will have a long career in the NBA.

hakeem94 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

lmao back to Theis. Guess he had such an amazing game last game...........

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

All I can figure is maybe they've seen enough of Sengun and KMJ to know that they're probably long-term pieces, and are showcasing Theis (and maybe Wood) with the idea of trading them later in the season. That would free up minutes and starting roles. Winning isn't a top priority right now anyway, with the team rebuilding and having its pick this year, so maybe just getting as many pieces in place and dumping unneeded pieces is more of a priority.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Hey! It's me, Roomba, from Clutchfans. Just reminding the good folks here that Danuel House has 0 points now in two games started. This isn't showcasing his value, it's tanking any remaining value he has left.

If we must cut, cut. If we must give away, then so be it. But it's time to move Houses.

smoothie and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

its fair to say I wouldn't know how to coach an nba team, but after watching for 25 years I know what it should look like. its easy to see when a team has a clear direction, an identity, defined player roles, a game plan even if poorly executed. this team has none.

I can't say I would know how to get a team of 20 year old millionaires to listen to me. but I know what they need to do. its 2 separate skills. Silas might know exactly what needs to get done. he might even be correct. but so far he's unable to deliver it.

txtodd likes this.