1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Cheap Pizza Chain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 19, 2021.

?

Best Cheap Pizza Chain

1. Domino’s

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Little Caesar’s

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Pizza Hut

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Papa John’s

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Cici’s Pizza

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Chuck E. Cheese’s/Peter Piper Pizza

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Papa Murphy’s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I have a soft spot in my heart for cici’s. The dessert pizza doesn’t get the respect it deserves.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I haven't been to CiCi's since the buffet was $2.99.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I dunno anything about Papa Murphys to speak on it. I would sub Marcos pizza for Cicis/Chuck E Cheese...not because of taste or price just that those don't deliver like all the others. I think CiCis' is great value and is the best choice if you just want to go in and pick up some pizza or go through the buffet.

As for the others... Domino's is easily the best in ALL categories. Price. Taste. Customer service. Regarding customer service, I understand not every brick and mortar location will be the same as the next but for the most part Dominos will give better service. Pizza Hut service has been trash since I started ordering from them during the pandemic. (Hadn't ordered pizza from there for about 20 years prior to last year).
    Papa Johns would be my next choice after Dominos.
    Haven't seen a Little Caesars in ages. Forgot about them so now I'll have to go find one and see how they are.

Also, Domino's has wayyy better deals than all the other options if you want to take it easy on your wallet for you and your boys. Large 3 topping pizza for $7.99 is a heckuva deal compared to what all the the other places offer.

Buck Turgidson and tmoney1101 like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

They have hot wings

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Cinnamon Roll pizza is to die for.

If you eat there enough, you can pick out some reasonable choices on the pizza buffet.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I start with a salad then go to the Mac and cheese pizza. Because I’m an adult.

No Worries likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I see praise for Cici's as an attack on the Mr Gatti's in Clear Lake. That was one of my favorite places.

8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Domino's.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Costco. Call it in. In and out in 5 minutes. Limited to pepperoni in my area though.

STR8Thugg, FrontRunner and Squirtle like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

That was my spot the night before tennis tournaments. I was a beast at the jumping game.

Now I’m fat.

Squirtle likes this.
  11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Does anyone recall Godfather's? I recall going to the one near Bellaire for lunch in the 80's. I think we got a huge slice of pizza for $2.00.

Buck Turgidson and tmoney1101 like this.
  12. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Since domino’s did the overhaul they’ve been the best. Papa johns is about the same as they’ve always been. Pizza Hut is unrecognizable garbage from what it was as a kid. Little Ceasars is pretty much only ok for kids bday parties. Papa Murphys is probably the best but I don’t think belongs in this category. I haven’t had cicis in a long time but the temp on the pizza alone gives it a boost when you get it hot off the press. Cheap pizza is only good piping hot.

All that being said I order local 90% of the time. There’s no comparison.

14. Buck Turgidson

Can't speak to the others, but every couple of months when I'm feeling particularly "not leaving the house" lazy I'll order from Domino's: they have solid everyday deals like their 5.99 mix and match, my usual order is medium with ham and onion and one of the spinach and feta stuffed bread things (addictive as hell), one each of garlic and marinara sauce.

If I have stuff at the house but am too lazy to make dough (and clean up the kitchen afterwards), I've also been known to get a large unsliced cheese pizza, throw whatever stuff on it (precook your meat and veg), and stick it in the oven at home for a few minutes.

I'm usually That Guy who likes to make his own stuff, and I make pizza every couple of weeks, but for the price and convenience Domino's is actually pretty damn good. Been meaning to try Pizza Hut again one of these days, can't remember the last time I did. Never been a Papa Murphy's fan, and the other Papa isn't an option around here.

No Worries and Xerobull like this.
  15. VanityHalfBlack

Marcos Pizza. Always download the apps and they always have coupons and the quality is better than that little ceasar nonsense.

My pizza ranking goes:
    1. Marcos
    2. Papa Johnson
    3. Dominos- sometimes cheap when you do favors to pizza deliver guy
    4. Totinos Frozen pizza
    5. HEB brand Frozen pizza

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Next time you get domino’s try your pizza with white garlic parmesan sauce. It kicks it up a few notches. I get it in every pizza I get from there now. Usually pepperoni/jalapeño and a Philly “steak”/chicken or bacon on the 5.99 deal.

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Marcos all day for price, service and taste the best as far as delivery is concerned. These are legit too if you know how to turn on an oven and set a timer.

[​IMG]

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  18. Roscoe Arbuckle

Someone a couple years ago recommended this. I'm not a fan of frozen pizza, but this was easily the best I've tried.

[​IMG]

Haymitch and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My buddy was a delivery driver for the one in Clear Lake wayyyy back in the day. He came back to the store to get another order and found the place robbed and the manager dead.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I used to like Round Table... do they still exist?