1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What games have you played over the past year, and maybe even finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you ever make it back to this one?

I completed it recently on the PC. The gameplay got repetitive, like the assassins creed games, but it had an interesting enough story to play through to the end. Visually it's one of the best games I've ever played and the soundtrack is really good. Low Roar is a great band.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I was too busy to play it, but I watched a playthrough a while back, and this was the sense I got. Feels like it had strong core gameplay, but it *seemed* to be a bit tedious/repetitive to me, even though I was just watching it. The story didn't really fully hit with me, but that's Kojima for you (he throws crazy stuff at a wall, and some of it will hit and some of it will miss). But like you said, great visuals, sound/music, etc.

I haven't had a lot of time to play games since my last update. I did finally start up FF7 Remake. I only play 15-30 minutes a week on average, so still super early, but I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

ryan_98 likes this.
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol told you

RC Cola likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

I have stopped at the Ori tree flood on account of the absurdity of things needed to do without drowning. It is madness.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For any fans of Diablo or similar games, I've been playing the grind known as Grim Dawn. Talk about mindless grinding and killing. lol. It seems to be popular among the Diablo bunch, so there you go... I guess.

RC Cola likes this.
  6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I think I remember you praising the game. I don't think I was all that negative on it (I tried to stay pretty neutral until playing it), but glad to finally be playing it (and enjoying it).

Still pretty early though, and I'm guessing if I have any complaints about the game, they'll come from later on in my playthrough. Even if I did end up being a bit disappointed, I'm excited to see where they go with the future releases. Square-Enix screws up a lot of things, but I think they're doing a good job with this project so far (even if I disagree with certain things, they're doing it the "right" way I think).

I think I backed this on Kickstarter when it was still in development. I did enjoy it quite a bit, but yeah, it is pretty much mindless grinding and killing. Can't really remember much about the story, and from what I do remember, it wasn't all that great. From what I remember, I think they kept improving the game over time, which was nice. I think this was the team that made those Titan Quest games, which I also played a bit (kinda similar to Grim Dawn, so if you like them, you'll probably like Grim Dawn).

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I picked up Nintendo game garage for something to do Thursday while I’m at the doctor. This is awesome. I want to get it for my nephew too.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I just finished Last of Us remastered on PS4.

Thinking about downloading Skyrim on PS4 since i've never played it although i've purchased it for my son on 3 different systems over the years. its his favorite game of all time.

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

God of War is pretty epic.

10. Poloshirtbandit

Finished the first act of Ghost of Tsushima. Enjoying it.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I never played the first one so this is really cool.

Edit: Bummer this isn't a remaster it's a complete next gen remake.

#351 KingCheetah, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    RC Cola likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Age of Empires IV is being released tomorrow. :D

Yung-T and Deckard like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

@Nero time to change the title and remove the dates

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just picked up Darkest Dungeon 2 (early access)

15. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

No ****? WOW lol. Loved that game in my teens.

16. Nero

Nero Member

Hey, you're right! How the heck do I do that anyway? I have never attempted such a feat!