1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese tennis player update: China brings out Yao Ming to prove she’s ok

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Nov 16, 2021.

?

Did the Chinese Government have anything to do with her suddenly disappearing?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Yes but she's still alive

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...-to-e-farmer-jack-ma-starts-digging-for-china

2. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, like the battered wife that says her husband only knocks her around when she does something to anger her. The level of brainwashing is incredible and pervasive to the point that those that are victim to it cannot see it at all.

Slyonebluejay and tinman like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The CCP is responsible for the crimes against humanity perpetrated against the Uyghur population and other mostly-Muslim ethnic groups in the north-western region of Xinjiang. Not the Chinese people. Their one party government, the CCP. The CCP is responsible for the dangerous and internationally recognized act of aggression in the South China Sea by China to steal the off-shore rights of the numerous countries besides China who also abut that enormous sea. What China's government, the CCP, is attempting to do is theft on a massive scale in broad daylight. Not the Chinese people, their autocratic government, the CCP.

You are blind, with all due respect. Now pardon me while I go eat lunch. I have a desire for some good Chinese food, American style. It's not what I had in Hong Kong years ago, but it'll do.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

If he is in china you think he would be critical of china?
    Blink twice if you can hear me regal beagle..
    Next thing you know he's the one 'laying low'

5. adoo

adoo Member

then dispense w this slleigh-of-hand,

6. Nook

Nook Member

Simplistic op-ed pieces? There is very little investigation into the situation in China and CCP, and that is exactly how the CCP wants it.... in fact they go out of their way to control the message.

Calling the CCP evil doesn't solve anything? You know what doesn't solve anything? Not being honest about what is happening.

Have I said anything about the USA toppling the CCP? Has there really been any discussion of the USA toppling the CCP? No there hasn't been, that is more CCP propaganda.

Don't talk to me about arrogance and ignorance, when you are defending the CCP - which is the a textbook example of arrogance and ignorance. You will be hard pressed to find a greater example of either trait than in the ruling CCP.

There is no difference between forcing someone to do something and putting so much fear in them that they do it.

No one is "tossing around" thousands or millions of people being murdered by the CCP.... it is a fact accepted by all but those that are brainwashed by the CCP. The CCP has murdered their own people because of their desire to exercise power.

You pointing to Muslim countries concerning this issue only exemplifies how out of touch you are on this topic and your lack of understanding concerning geopolitics in Muslim dominated countries.

Again, everyone with any credibility knows that there are re-education camps in China put there by the CCP.

You keep saying this isn't the 1950's or 60's, as if that means anything. The CCP was murdering their own people then, they did it in front of the whole world 30 years ago and they are still doing it.

The Chinese people made a choice 70 years ago? Just like the Russians did? Are we to use this same logic with North Korea?

You are brainwashed.

"Well yes, my husband beats me and sends me to the hospital but my neighbor was murdered by her husband so I don't have it so bad."

Just give it up...... hutu dan

7. Gioan Baotixita

Well done nook.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the message was really clear to people

She = Young Tennis Star
    He = Married Old Politician

She said he forced her to have sex
    =RAPE

I wonder how many Chinese people actually saw her post or heard about it, I'm sure it would be a huge outrage.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Jeremy Lin fans never disappoints.

10. adoo

adoo Member

not just muslims, not just NW China.

most of the CCP crimes have been committed against Han Chinese.
    my ancestors were landowners in SE China, in the Greater Pearl River Delta region (the equivalence of Southern Calif in the USA),
    their assets were confisticated by the CCP, great grandfather was taken to re-education camp​

dangerous, aggression, yes, but not theft.

just to be factual, to the extent that no one country has legal claim to the area in dispute, by definition, it is not theft.

the most vivid example of theft in broad daylight, in the China Sea, has been Japan's aggressive theft of the DaiYuTou island from Taiwan.
    where do you stand on that?

when Portugal colonized Taiwan in the 1500s, its official map of the colony include DaiYutou island
    for hundreds of years, there was but a few Taiwanese fishermen living there.
    once oil reserve was discovered, Japan set up a military installation there and claimed ownership to the island despite the fact no Japanese had ever lived there​

#50 adoo, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

To your first point, my post was never intended to go into historical detail about the crimes and atrocities the CCP has committed against members of the Han majority, or any other minority in China, ethnic or otherwise, since they came to power in China. You can, if you wish.

As for your comment about the South China Sea? A unanimous ruling by the Permanent Court of Arbitration at the Hague was that China's claim to essentially the entire South China Sea, based on the so-called 9 Dash Line, was without foundation. China's claim, in other words, goes against international law and a treaty China signed herself, the Convention of the Law of the Sea, which gives nations "an exclusive economic zone of 200 nautical miles and a continental shelf."

That is the theft "in broad daylight" to which I refer. You can list all the other "thefts" in the region of the South China Sea going back hundreds of years, if you wish. It might make for interesting reading, but it has nothing to do with my post.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

China is a piece of **** country

nuff said

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

the court is being inconsistent

that court had no issue w Japan's thievery of the DaiYuTou island from Taiwan, when the island in dispute was less than 200 miles from Taiwan. and Japan was much farther away.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Chinese government sucks.

It is as corrupt as the Russian government.......

Both are basically gang or mob run

DD

Slyonebluejay and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We talk about companies and countries racing to the bottom.

For the apologists, it's all about racing to their top...on the backs of millions who were uhh not good enough. With that tunnel vision, it's easier to rationalize it as: it aint as bad as it really is or could be...like those unspoken laborers and activists who are harvested for parts and labor.

Nook likes this.
  16. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

What I actually saw here is selective confirmation bias to say the least. The in-word in China right now is "involution", the racing to the bottom or to the top problem you talked about, and that culture was started by Huawei and amplified by Alibaba (maybe adopted from the Japanese overtime culture in the 80's). Therefore, I am never fan of those 2 companies. However, what I see in management is, if you can't give credit to where it's due, your constant critics will be received as ill-intentioned nitpicking. Except for triggering resistance and defensiveness, it doesn't help achieve the goal to improve.

I have experienced enough to see the difference, and I can and want to actually read from both sides, while the vast majority here simply reject or ridicule anything slightly coming across like pro-China as propaganda and apologies. It aint as bad as before is never good enough. However, lifting several hundred millions out of poverty is a huge deal, and it benefited those so-called "uhh not good enough" people directly. That's why I said that average Chinese are behind CCP, and they would actually call people like me "traitors" and "anti-China". Not surprisingly, I am called commie bootlicker or CCP apologist here. That's what you get trying to be somewhere in the middle in this extreme world.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I only had a casual interest to begin with, but after this, I won't be watching the Olympics

#58 Commodore, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  19. foh

foh Member

I hope #metoo era slowly takes over the number one economy in the world - maslow's hierarchy hard at work. You have a young, pretty and accomplished lady who has obviously been coerced and now is being oppressed. And there will be more and more of them as their economy grows. Chinese women are pretty strong despite the (quiet & submissive) conjecture and things are hugely unfair for them in the corporate world over there. CCP will eventually has to address it or it will corrode the stability of their political structure and then economy.

It seems like it will get awfully awkward for the American athletes and media at the olympics. The liberal American values are so diametrically opposed to the censure and uniform compliance that's promoted in China right now. And sports is the most non-compromising way in promoting values as we saw with the BLM movement and the prevalent place it has in our culture. Going to get weird.

The Peng issue won't go away any time soon (CCP can't address a potentially explosive issue that's already been censured away from their public sphere).

20. Gioan Baotixita

WTA tennis guy has more balls than that weasel Adam Silver and Lebron.