1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

Hmm...

Might they be looking at evidence that implicates both Watson AND the women in the commission of crime(s)?

2. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Wouldn’t that simply be consent, where no charges are filed against either party?

3. verse

Assuming you are correct, and considering how much time has transpired, I'm not sure any "smoking gun" evidence comes out, thus grounding the investigation. I mean Buzbee COULD have an ace in his back pocket, but I'm doubtful. Or some previously unknown film footage COULD surface implicating and damning Watson, but I doubt it. Still, point taken, and I appreciate the response. Cheers.

4. verse

Yes. That certainly could be true. Could it not also be separate crime(s) unrelated to Watson v Complainants? I doubt this is the first rodeo for some of these therapists (or possibly for Watson). I wonder how much dirt all of the parties are comfortable having unearthed... might be best for all parties to have this scurry away under a suitcase full of money.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

What a **** show

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sounds like another Buzzbee plant piece.

According to Buzbee, prosecutors have met with two women so far and asked whether those women would be willing to answer questions from Grand Jurors, if it is requested. Both women have alleged that Watson touched them with his genitals and both have reportedly agreed to make themselves available to a Grand Jury, if requested. Buzbee said the prosecutors are in the process of scheduling a meeting with four more of his clients.

One of Watson’s accusers was allegedly told by prosecutors that they will be bringing the case to a Grand Jury in Houston “possibly in December but more likely in January.” The prosecutors also reportedly told the woman that they are waiting on additional evidence from their investigators, according to Buzbee, which could account for the delay. The prosecutors met with one of Watson’s accusers last Friday and lawyers were not allowed in the room. “I think they are taking it to a Grand Jury. I don’t think there’s any question about that,” Buzbee told League of Justice Founder Amy Dash.

The prosecutors on the case are the District Chief of the Sex Crimes Division and the District Chief of the Juvenile Sex Crimes Division, according to what Buzbee was told. When asked why the Chief of Juvenile crimes would be involved, Buzbee said he did not know. So far there have been no allegations of sexual assault or harassment from anyone who is underage that have been made public.

The prosecutors have reportedly not decided yet which cases will be brought before the Grand Jury, and whether it will be many or just one, said Buzbee.

charlieaustin and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. CrazyJoeDavola

Not worried. Watson can makes this all go away when he is ready, including any possible criminal charges.

9. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

He might settle the charges, but it's never going to go away. This is going to follow him the rest of his career.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Mike Vick can pull off a full image reboot anything is possible.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The Texans should have traded him for what ever they could get. What a joke of a franchise.

12. King1

I don't think so without conceding the non disclosure agreements otherwise he would have already. He's obviously an idiot but Hardin isn't

13. CrazyJoeDavola

NDAs not withstanding, if Watson ends up settling with all, how cooperative are they going to be with a continuing criminal investigation assuming they just want to be compensated and move on with their lives? IMO, if criminal charges appear to be imminent, then Watson is going to settle with all pretty fast. He isnt going to cut his nose off to spite his face and risk the NFL suspending him with pay after a criminal trial. In fact, I would assume if no criminal charges are filed, then Watson will continue to stand his ground and hold out on Buzbee. Why wouldn't he? He can just continue to sit out and get paid while he waits Buzbee out for the lowest possible settlement.

IMO Texans, prospective trade partners, fans, Buzbee, his clients etc should all be rooting for criminal charges as soon as possible.

ROCKSS, Two Sandwiches and King1 like this.
  14. King1

Well said.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Definitely a Buzbee plant piece to try and get a settlement.

It's been reported for about six months that it would be potentially presented to a grand jury. Now, it's news that this may happen in January? It still doesn't mean there's evidence that the grand jury will recommend charges. It seems like this would have moved faster if they were.

Either way, it seems like Buzzbee is trying to keep the case relevant.

charlieaustin and Htown Legend like this.
  16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Doubt criminal charges get filed, but if they he wouldn't be suspended without pay. He would be payed, because he would be put on the commissioners exempt list.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Depends on how he plays. If he sucks, it'll get brought up constantly. If he does well, it'll be forgotten immediately.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

It didn't follow the countless number of athletes that have had similar or even worse allegations against them. People forgive and forget as long as you win. Not saying its right, but its the nature of sports.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I don't think there are countless athletes that have had similar claims against them - not ones involving literally dozens of women. It's too high profile and we're in the me too era. I don't think anything except a public exoneration makes it "go away". He will end up playing football again. But that's not the same thing.

King1 likes this.
  20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Sounds to me like Buzbee is trying to push for a settlement before the grand jury potentially comes out and says there isn’t enough for criminal charges. Just that announcement alone would put Deshaun’s value exactly where it should be- relative to potential trade partners