1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Rockets have you been happy with so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2021.

?

Which Rockets have you been happy with so far?

1. Stephen Silas

19 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Eric Gordon

125 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. Kevin Porter Jr.

21 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Jalen Green

95 vote(s)
    27.8%
  5. Christian Wood

26 vote(s)
    7.6%
  6. Alperen Sengun

301 vote(s)
    88.0%
  7. Jae'Sean Tate

213 vote(s)
    62.3%
  8. Danuel House Jr

7 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. Daniel Theis

39 vote(s)
    11.4%
  10. KJ Martin

191 vote(s)
    55.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

and v/v

2. BonziWellsGOAT

Wood is in it for Wood.

IvanLCPM, Nook and steddinotayto like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

All but Silas, Porter, Wood, House

[​IMG]

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

Somebody actually voted for House? Maybe he has family members on clutchfans.

D-rock, slothy420, Dopamine and 2 others like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just Kenyon Martin Jr

Playing within himself not trying to do too much, yet playing within the scheme
    of the offense and defense.

I was down on the Rockets selecting him; but am now a fan of KMjr.

D-rock, palmsnbananas and FrontRunner like this.
  6. ballgame

ballgame Member

I vote "D" None of the Above.

This has been the most disappointing season in ages. I remember the 82' - 83' 14 win season and this could topple that season.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Looking at the approval rating of Christian Wood and Kevin Porter Jr. makes you wonder how ready people are to trade one or both.

I was hoping Wood would put up All-Star numbers this year, making him a valuable piece at the deadline. My concern with KPJ is just his fit with Green. He too is a young player though.

Stone has some work to do.

Corrosion, D-rock, IvanLCPM and 8 others like this.
  8. Asian Sensation

#1 draft prospect

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I chose Jalen, Sengun and KJ and I wish they were all in the starting lineup. I wish he would never play House again.

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Honestly think he needs to move to the 3. His issues are form being told he has to do everything.

ArtV likes this.
  11. WiltTheStilt13

Sengun has been great, EG has bee fine, not upset with KJ Martin

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I think just Sengum and thats about it.

But I see the potential in KPJ man...I really do. When he drives to the rim, man no one can stop him. He can simply create offense off of that.

D-rock likes this.
  13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'll take the rookies, Tate, Martin, and Porter. Trade everyone else to get a decent point guard and a new coaching staff.

The objective is to develop, not just get minutes. If the latter, then we'll be the Kings because we'll lapse into bad habits and bad attitudes and never turn the corner. For instance:

It drives me bonkers when I see guys not hustling to the ball to make an inbounds pass and it pisses me off more seeing 3 dudes waiting for the inbounds pass with their hands out. That leads to indecision for the passer as they have to do the calculus to decide who to throw it to which may piss off the other guys with their hands out--not good for team dynamics. I've played on teams like that and it sucks. Should be one guy to get the inbounds and a designated backup in case the main guy is pressed. The current dynamic contributes to what really angers me: when we turn the ball over on an inbounds pass because the pass is lazy, the receiver is lazy, or both. That's all coaching and that's also lack of a point guard and the process and structure that having a point guard demands. I'm almost at the point where I'd trade for Rondo or even Facundo Campazzo.

What's the record for most inbounds passes stolen in a season? We have to be on pace, right?

D-rock likes this.
  14. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

Pretty much everyone cept Wood and House. I'm not on the Silas hate train, but I've raised an eyebrow or two.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

100% agree on KPJ being a bad fit with Green but I don't think he has much trade value. Would he be willing to come off the bench or would he be a malcontent?

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You might be right. I like that they're trying to make him a point guard but I don't know if he's the long-term fit there. One of my concerns with drafting Green was that he was similar to KPJ in that he needs the ball in his hands and he isn't a strong defender. But again, they're both young.

D-rock, sydmill and Joe Rocket like this.
  17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

low expectations relieves stress and unhappiness.

can't really say i'm happy with anyone. kinda live & let live mood with me ... (!) oh & plenty of patience. after all, no real goals for the next couple (3 or 4) years outside sifting through the sand for a possible speck.

will any of these players be here when we're relevant again?

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The_Conquistador's thoughts from the bar at El Tiempo on Richmond:
    • Gordon should be able to fetch us a nice asset in a trade. He is an underrated player that played a big role on championship-caliber teams a few years ago. He's still got it.
    • Green is struggling, but presumably the game will slow down for him at some point in the next year.
    • KJ Martin is a great player off the bench. High energy and does many things well (shot blocking, transition scoring in particular).
    • Tate has improved year-on-year, which has been fantastic. Not a highlight-reel player, but great defender and can score when the situation allows.
    • Wood should have been traded in the off season while he still had value.

Take the beatings this year, grab a cornerstone piece in the draft, do it all over again next year, and then get ready for a magical run!

slothy420, Nook, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

They look similar in Silas's offense but I dont think they are as similar as we think. When I saw Green play last year he was off the ball a lot. His mentor is Steph after all so it makes sense that he loves coming off screens for shots. But you need a coach who can run something like that where the big has the ball at the top of the key Rick Adelman style. Sengun and Jalen would be perfect for that and its one of the reasons I was so excited about this season but Ive never seen them try that unless it was forced by Sengun. I think it would benefit KPJ as well because he wouldnt have to handle the ball and he could just run cuts to the rim. Right now he is being treated like he's Harden and its just not working.

20. H. Christopher

Sengun and KJ. Tate ISO’s are the worst thing ever but at least he plays HARD.

D-rock and Joe Rocket like this.