1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Mobley @ #2 or Şengün @ #16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ickaruto, Nov 18, 2021.

?

Mobley or Şengün

1. Mobley @ #2

42 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Şengün @ #16

77 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

For those saying we should have taken Mobley @ 2 while also praising Şengün, take notice: these picks would have been mutually exclusive.

There would be no Şengün @ #16 if we took Mobley @ #2.

So which would you rather have ?

Mobley @ 2 and someone like Mann @ 16

Or Green @ 2 and Şengün @ 16

2. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

This is also indirectly related to drafting Green. Eventhough, he hasnt been as good as Mobley, there is still potential to be good that he shows flashes of. It is too early to judge so I am sticking with who we got instead of what if scenarios.

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I wanted to trade down for Barnes + Sengun. Where does that rank?

ickaruto, fattz, Jontro and 5 others like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can't say that for a fact that if we picked Mobley we cant grabbed sengun.

5. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I would even say directly.

The question becomes:

Is the disparity in talent between Şengün and Mobley > , = or < the disparity between Jalen Green and someone who would have been available @ 16.

CarlosGM likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not necessarily mutually exclusive, but I’ll play along.

I think you go with Mobley. Game changer on both ends.

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Green and Sengun, only because I'm looking at this as a potential 3-5 year rebuild. We are going to draft high for the next couple of years.

Two Sandwiches and Roc Paint like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Sengun all day every day. Not surprised to see the Cavs fans voting for their boy though.

9. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

You're right. I can't. But I can say the likelihood of Stone trading up to 16 to draft a center (who many not have even been there if we took mobley @ 2 cuz the lottery may have shaken out different) with Wood already on the team, would be slim to none.

Deckard, 34to11 and Will like this.
  10. Cutty312

Cutty312 Member

Of every big man in the draft, the fate of the universe on the line, the death beam pointed on Earth you better draft him, I want the TurKISH MVP himself, ALPEREN SENGOAT.

slothy420, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Still way too early to say.

Technically I’d have to say Mobley just because Sengun isn’t even getting starting minutes despite looking good.

palmsnbananas, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. sydmill

sydmill Member

I liked Mobley a lot leading up to the draft so I am going to abstain from this poll. However, I think it is worth noting that the Rockets doubled up at the 2 in drafting Green and Christopher and Garuba and Sengun are somewhat duplicative as well. I think it is more likely that the Rockets pass on Garuba than Sengun if they picked Mobley at 2 and still moved up to the 16th pick. It sounds like Stone was/is a Sengun fan.

Milos, D-rock, gah and 1 other person like this.
  13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

It’s pure speculation that drafting Mobley means the Sengun move wouldn’t have happened. What’s the evidence of this?

14. conquistador#11

Yes you can. Because of Wood. Rockets management and coaches love them some wood. I loved me some wood..

Oh and I voted for Sengun over Mobley.

ickaruto likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mobley and Sengun would have complimented each other. Both are great passers. Both have a good J. Both can/will work inside. Both are big time defensive players.(with Mobley being able to guard the perimeter) Mobley can take guys off the dribble. Alpie has an extremely rare, natural feel for the game that most guys will never come close to.

We could have had both.

I applaud the move up for Sengun. Obviously, a steal of epic proportions.

And, just have to live with the big snafu...not taking Mobley. I do believe JG will be an All Star one day. That said, Mobley's going to be a generational player.

Milos, tycoonchip, IvanLCPM and 4 others like this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Draft both Sengun and Mobley and play them together.

Should've traded Wood on draft night for a guard when his value was at an all time high, now he's just declining as the season goes on.

fattz, Cutty312 and clos4life like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm in the camp that if the rockets took Mobley, they wouldn't have taken Sengun. The rockets probably still go after Theiss as the vet big. And with Wood already here, they barely even play Sengun and him together on the floor. It isn't even significant enough to mention

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

We picked Garuba at 23 after drafting Sengun so I see no reason why we couldn't do Mobley and Sengun. If anything we just wouldn't have picked Garuba which I really don't care about. Coming in to the draft, Mobley then trade up into the top 10 for Sengun was my dream scenario so I'm sticking to it. Also, like I've said before, Mobley could play 3 in the future.

fattz, palmsnbananas, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  19. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Draft both, trade wood

clos4life and Bobbythegreat like this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

I would agree but we could have picked Barnes at 2 if we wanted him bad enough. But with Porter's play this season, I'm kind of glad we picked Green and Sengun. Let it ride.

fattz likes this.