1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 17, 2021.

1. 7uche

7uche Member

Not giving up on Silas this early. Nope

Give him time

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"It's ain't coaching"

That's what the "smart" people on CF told me last week though

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just understand he really doesn't like Green. Like to a point where a post that has nothing to do with Green from him will still put shade on him somehow. He dominates his thoughts.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The petty move against Sengun last night is inexcusable.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wonder if Silas used that same move when he developed Steph Luka and LeBron into the transcendent stars they are today

aaquaa likes this.
  6. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

7. 7uche

7uche Member

Agreed, there is no excuse for it but we don’t know his reasoning.

Maybe the front office wants to showcase the vets for a potential trade

I do think it’s insane that we are 1-14 and our young players outside of KPJ-Green can’t get minutes.

Garuba would be 100% better than House. The team he played with in Europe is better than the Rockets

aaquaa, joshuaao, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Silas has no chance of staying. Stone is next.

aaquaa likes this.
  9. JayAllJay

JayAllJay Member

100% agree...

Harden and Westbrook were like....Im outta here bruh.

aaquaa likes this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

OK PAUL

aaquaa, Two Sandwiches and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’m hitting up Tilman and Stone with all my burners until this man is fired I will not stop

aaquaa, bmelo, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  12. conquistador#11

I started at defcon 4 now I'm at 2

snowconeman22 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It does make me wonder how much better we might've looked last year with a proper coach. Dipo and Wall were very clearly running an identical offense to this year, we just thought they were being greedy on their own back, how wrong we were.

aaquaa likes this.
  14. vince

vince Member

I think most Rocket fans knew this was going to be a growing pains type of a season. I think we were just not prepared for the pains with no growing….

Way to disappoint even the low expectations of a fan base Silas.

aaquaa, BHannes2BHonest, Bo6 and 6 others like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's running an ISO five out system as if Harden and Russ are here. Instead we are seeing Jalen Green being surrounded by non-shooters and hurting his ability to play in space. He refuses to play him with Sengun (the best passer on the team) which would allow him to get easy looks. The rotations are all time bad. I was super interested in Silas as a coach but I don't think we need anymore time to evaluate him. He's not ready.

This isn't the way to develop and I'm honestly shocked how bad he's been.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I have gotten used to Houston sports. If you have lived in the city long enough, you get used to the bullshit ownership of these ball clubs.

Thank God for the Astros to at least salvage 2021 for me.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

No matter how many times I read this, I can never seem to find the logic in it. In fact, it just makes less and less sense each time. I keep reading it over and over again thinking maybe I missed something or read it incorrectly. Then I just end up mad all over again and wonder why this man is still at the helm and in charge of steering our rebuild. I already didn't have much faith in him prior to this, but now I have none. Zero. He is clearly incompetent and out of his depth.

The Atlanta Hawks are a prime example that coaching does matter in the NBA. Last season they were underperforming until they fired their coach and promoted Nate McMillan.

18. CertifiedTroll

Can't really say I understand what is happening. I like Silas a lot as a person, but I don't see how someone as soft mannered as him could work out in this league full of divas.

I would love to see a coach bench the players who start acting dejected. I would much rather watch Josh Christopher at least try his rear off, than KPJ complaining about no calls for the second half.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Everyone was okay with him because the rookets were rebuilding

No fan on a contending team would want him. He ainnt know steve kerr or nick nurse

aaquaa likes this.
  20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Unfortunately, I had the privilege of following Ty Lue's post Lebron Cavs, which was a total disaster. It is the same thing happening again. These coaches get the job with their network lacking actual coaching knowledge. They can only be good in teams with stars where the coach stays back and has to solve some little problems, players do most of the job. They are completely clueless if they need to develop players, build a team, resort to basketball fundamentals.

Probably, Silas(just like Lue) knows that he is ****ing **** and tries to get the support of the 'veteran' players. That is why the rookies are not getting time and/or proper usage, respect from the vets on the court. I remember Tristan Thompson trying to bring the ball to the offense, turning it over or losing half of the 24 seconds doing nothing. It is the same story.

Fire Silas!

aaquaa, bmelo, palmsnbananas and 2 others like this.