1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

1 TO tonight....

Quiet here.... what's going on in the Wood's thread......

TriumVirate likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ok, i don't really get what you expect. Like, if this is the performance that makes you give up on Green...you need to adjust expectations

We're obv. spoiled from 9 years of watching Harden (and of course everyone complained relentlessly while it happened)....but, yeah, he's not James Harden nor is most of the NBA in terms of being able to create something from nothing nby merely crossing halfcourt.

Otherwise im going to say he was fine to good tonight

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

There was a definite step in the right direction tonight.

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

My favorite game from him so far. for the most part Jalen played under control and did a great job of probing the defense with his drives and made good decisions.

I think this is the first back-to-back good games he’s strung together in a row, and these two games have been promising in different ways. I hope he can keep this up, and I have confidence that he will.

5. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

he was good tonight, but he has been very very bad in all but 3 games. Im not really out on him he is just playing alot worse than i expected. My fault for expecting too much i guess.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He had a 25 pt game and then a 16 pt one back to back

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think the 16 point game had some pretty horrific efficiency (I could be mistaken). Either way, having 2 games of pretty good shooting and good playmaking is an excellent sign.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

2 assists to 1 to. It is what it is with him. I like how aggressive he was. That style though is definitely more suited for a 6th man role. He'll get there eventually.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Aww the good ol box score watching.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green was diming everybody up, but they kept missing, so dudes post-game are like “lol he only had 2 assists”

11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen was playing in his comfort zone tonight, he needs to play alongside EG more.

Easy and xaos like this.
  12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

He's getting incrementally better over time, you can't cheat experience.

He'll have highs and lows as he starts to develop consistency and learns how to get easy baskets over the course of the game.

Once he's able to finish through contact it's going to open up so much with his speed. Even his handle will improve if he's no longer getting knocked off balance.

I'm not grading him until near the end of his rookie contract honestly.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He could have had 5 assists tonight, I mean it's quite easy to pull up at least 2-3 other wide open lay ups that he created for others.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Another nice game by Jalen

15. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

The one thing Green is great at is free throw shooting, every play should be a drive getting him downhill looking for contact and the finish
    Run some Green wood pick and roll
    You have to have some floor spacers out there but our team sucks at 3pt shooting and in general so its hard
    Need to have Green and KPJ play on different units I think, they have the same skill set

vlaurelio likes this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Still looks tentative but the NBA game hasn’t slowed down for him yet. Not easy for any rookie to score 20. He flashes the playmaking but he’s got little to no help on this bricklaying team.

It will be interesting the second half of the season if he tires out or starts getting more confident.

Either way there is a curve look at guys like Morant, Giannis, Young, Booker, etc. it’s usually around year 3 they start looking like stars.

17. BonziWellsGOAT

They. Just. Don't. Watch.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I actually think he looked well in control for the first time this season this game, and with Dort of all people guarding him.

He didn't turn the ball over much, made sharp passes, and attacked the rim a lot. In fact, I was expecting Dort to make things difficult for Green but he actually blew by him multiple times with ease, something even Harden struggled to.

His defense this game was also solid. He stayed in front of SGA really, really well, but that likely has a lot to do with the fact that Green is better against quicker, smaller guards than strong players. For Green, he needs to put on weight, since that is his biggest weakness.

19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

only dudes saying that have an agenda.

I don’t get it

Reeko likes this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Green looked a lot more controlled this game, taking his time with his shooting form and driving choices.

Inching closer and closer to putting it all together.