1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

+29 for Mob for 16 pts, 7 reb, 2 stl, 3 blk in 35 minutes.

Turnoversmith Cade with 3 assist to 7 turnobers.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  2. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Also still leading the NBA in both 2 and 3 pt shot contested.

Gap between him and Gobert/Giannis (DPOY level) is the difference between Gobert and #35 on the list.

Mobley out there playing like DPOY, we watching Green hoping he scores 20 points in a game on 8/16 shooting...

[​IMG]

3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Meanwhile Jalen with the game high (low) -18 box plus/minus

JG has the record for lowest single game +/- for any player in the nba so far this year (-37)

Also has the 4th worst overall +/- in the entire nba
    Theis has the 7th worst

goo rox

GotGame15 likes this.
  4. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Redraft so far

Sengun
    Mobley
    Barnes
    Giddey
    Cunningham
    Green

vlaurelio likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Does Green even go in the top 10?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, look, lots of us were MOBLEY guys, but this is silly, we have Green, we should root for him.

And yes, if Stone ****ed it up, he will be held accountable.

DD

clos4life and Salvy like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Mobley would not have looked good on our team, so it's not a 1-on-1 comparison, especially because we all knew or should've known that Mobley was already much more polished than Green. Come back in a year or 2-3 and let's see.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, he would have. Good players look good.

Sengun isn't as good at Mobley and he's only 19, yet he still looks good when he's allowed to play. Mobley would have looked just as good or better if he were in Houston.

clos4life, vlaurelio and jiggyfly like this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It’s really up to Green. He has to do the dirty work in the weight room if he wants to be a star. No amount of smiling, picture-taking, or social media is going to build his body to the point where he can impact the NBA game the way his talent suggests he can. But He can’t do it in a boy’s body. He needs to get it done in the weight room.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Pistons ****ed us. Had they made the right choice to pick Mobley, we would have taken Cade, which is still a better option than JG.

clos4life and DaDakota like this.
  11. awc713

awc713 Member

I’m not going to jump to any conclusions, though I much preferred Mobley to Green, but it’s interesting that Mobley has vastly outplayed Green to date when one of the purported selling points was Green’s immediate playability vs Mobley. Hopefully drafting Sengun mitigates the loss of Mobley…and hopefully Green continues to grow as a player. I just hope HOU isn’t stuck with a more athletic version of Jamal Crawford, which was my concern from the outset. Mobley is a unicorn and showing just that…

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol...who said Mobley wasn't "playable" for the worst team in the league?

Who here 'purported" this?

C'mon some people may have preferred Green but lol whatever, nobody actually said " well gee, I'm worried Mobley gonna hold us back from 24 wins next year unlike Green!"

Literally nobody said this

13. awc713

awc713 Member

First, If you actually read my post, I never said that people said Mobley wasn’t playable…just that the narrative was that Green was more immediately playable/NBA-ready. And it was a pretty common theme from draft insiders et al that Mobley needed to gain a good amount of weight (which as an aside isn’t unlike most teens/draftees) before succeeding in the NBA.

I loved Mobley and thought he was the pick but the consensus from draft insiders was that Green was more ready from day 1 than Mobley was, in part because of his work in the D league, but and also because of how thin Mobley is/was. Mobley even talked about it in predraff interviews, that he knows he needs to add 15-20lbs of muscle! Again, not sure how this is up for debate but I guess that’s just ClutchFans for ya. In any event I thought Mobley was the correct pick for us and good for him for dominating at such a young age. Hopefully he has a long productive career, he’s truly one of a kind.

#2273 awc713, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but Sengun has

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I ranked the player type and characteristics of Mobley higher than Green UNLESS Green projected, in the Rockets' eyes, to be a true superstar. If that happens, he will be the better pick but it's not off to the best of starts.

Having a big that can defend multiple positions, protect the rim and stretch the floor on the other end is so, so valuable. That player type is rare.

16. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Yup that’s exactly true.
    The Green pick only makes sense if he’s becomes a superstar scorer because he’s a sieve on the defensive end.

Bc the other option is a complete player that’s 7ft and a DPOY caliber defender. The rarest of rare and highest valued player types. The only way it makes sense to pick a “scorer” over him is if that facet of his game is phenomenal.

daywalker02 and wlekfjv923n like this.
  17. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

You definitely favored Mobley. I remember you saying you'd be OK with management picking Green because they might have more insights, etc. but that you'd just be OK with it, not necessarily think that's the better pick. Still, I think you'd agree you NEVER thought Mobley would be this good this early. NOBODY thought that. Mobley being awesome shouldn't penalize Rockets (or other teams) because again, NO EXPERTS thought he'd be this good.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I had no problems with Scottie Barnes or a PG prospect as well.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, but Mobley isn’t stretching the floor yet. It’s just potential.

I’ve watched a lot of CLE. At the moment, all his shots are given to him by the defenses. He’s not being guarded.

hell, even many of his alley-oops and other vertical spacing plays are there bc the defenses are covering Jarrett Allen more, fearing his vertical game, more.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member