1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Isn’t Silas On The Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 14, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Seriously...... How is it that so many people are not getting the core concept here?

78% of GARM is essentially Grandpa Simpson here:

Mathloom likes this.
  2. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

You joined in Feb 2021 so all I can assume is that you're at least 9 months old

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

the job of the coach is literally to put his players in the best position.

I would get my **** blocked at the rim In the nba 99.9% of the time and wound like shoot like 20% on wide open threes (so not much worse than Jalen!!).

if everyone of our offensive possessions ended up with me shooting at the rim or a wide open three knowing that… that’s not good offense.

next obvious question would be is there anyway I coins score in the nba anyway? I’d probably be fine taking FT line type jumpers. Plus WIDE open layups. So ideally an offense that prioritized that.

So who cars if they’re shooting rim, FT, 3s? They can’t make them. Like every game it’s “they lead the league in FTs!!” Well aside from the fact that even at their shitty % it’s still more effective than they’re normal offense… is that a good thing? Maybe try avoiding fouls and just making shots. Then of the layups… it’s a lot of tough layups. Here’s an idea… our motion in the offense.

where you end up shooting the ball is somewhat irrelevant. Who ends up shooting it where and how they end up there is what’s relevant.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

I don't understand why we can't even wait and see what type of adjustments Silas makes over just half a season...... Or maybe even a quarter season.

We are exactly 6.3% through the 82 game season.

You maybe right in the end but is 6.3% through the first rebuilding season really the moment to start countless Fire Silas threads?

harold bingo likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

And on the other end, who would have thought we wouldn't be a bottom third in defense with this roster? Could it be the coaching staff is putting emphasis more defensive fundamentals? IDK.

Does Silas and his staff get any credit for us being just mediocre on defense, 17th? Or is just small sample size, blind luck despite the tough schedule?

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So this team of mostly very inefficient guys would be better off taking shots that the rest of the league as a whole is less efficient at?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

****. Terrible math…. 14% through the season.

Bo6, Williamson and swoosh1014 like this.
  8. Asian Sensation

Not even Phil Jackson or Popovich can fix this and they wouldn’t dare try. It is what it is.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

Because he’s coaching a high school team.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I bet most of the league is better off shooting open shots.

the thing I was responding to was bring they were taking the right shots because of location. Location isn’t as important as whether they’re open, whether in rhythm, etc.

I said nothing about changing the location of their shots.

11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Silas looks bad, but all coaches do with the team is trying to lose. Has Tilman said anything along the lines of this is unacceptable? Not that I've heard. Our GM has been pretty quiet as well. Silas if anything is being set up to fail and I hope that he still has a job when the Rocket actually start to care about winning.

12. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Because the Rockets have not given him anything to work with. Period.... He is handicaped as a coach.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Because you can see hints that he’s losing the locker room. Maybe the adjustments can wait till mid season typically but you have to have a sense of when and how to keep the team bought in.

I do think the team is still playing hard though for the most part. There’s just some early signs that it’s that time. I think just one good win could ignite their spirits and buy some more time. These kids need a win every once in awhile. Eric Gordon really needs a win. That guys body language is not great right now.

Bo6 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I stopped watching post game interviews. Does he still slump his head down and have the worst body language of all time? Does he still sound like he just found out his wife is getting pounded by his best friend?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Radricky

Radricky Member

They could at least look like they are playing hard though

16. Aware

Aware Member

This team is going to be bad regardless of coach. We're beyond bad, however. Silas should go.

or **** it ride it out and aim for all time bad status

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because we have adults in the room.

Be patient.

18. VoR

VoR Member

Silas is cheap. Team is rebuilding. Draft position for 2022 is still more important than dubs. What good coach will want to sign up to coach a team designed to lose? How will the team look after we trade EG and Augustin? Is the team growing?

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Silas should be coaching FUNDAMENTALS - that is what this team needs, a good dose of how to position your body, how to seal on offense, how to step hard and recover on defense.

We just don't play good fundamentals.........

DD

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. StevieCrossover

Silas should be coaching to get the 1st draft pick in the 2022 draft.