1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

good earnings, buybacks

Ziggy likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Great, they can buy back all of my mine.

Sajan likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    it has broken up thru an ascending triangle, 50 dma just broken up thru 20 dma.
    looks like a 4-mo cwh in the making

i like it. option trading vol today is 4 X the avg

took a flyer on it, bought a bullish CALL spread, 25/35. for a net cost of $2.4, which is my max risk, w the max potential profit of $10

noscrusir and saitou like this.
  4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

lelz. any idea what's going on with SHOP? not complaining but its up 7%, and i don't see any news.

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

thanks! i went with long shares.

noscrusir likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

doubling down on the same bet that PYPL will be out of the Penalty box---closing the gap---B4 Xmas

whag00, saitou and Sajan like this.
  7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

[​IMG]
    this $200bn monster behaving like a penny stock. zero news that i can find, just pops 10% on good volume for no reason and threatening ath. looks bullish but i'm scared to add here. recent earnings was soft too.

whag00 likes this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

infrastructure plays

in the same vein, AA, Alcoa, would also benefit from Biden's infrastructure bill

TA wise,
    • MACD has just crossed-over to the upside
    • after hovering the lower channel, trading actions appear to levitating, ready for lift off
    • 20 dma apears to be bouncing up off the 50 dma

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Fair value based on fundamentals is subjective, but I'm very comfortable getting "stuck" with shares at this price. Been selling covered calls and short puts at the same strike. Latest investor day they projected long term rev growth of 25%-30% with margins improving over time. Analysts have been maintain their pt. I won't be overweight this anymore, but will continue to milk my remaining position for premiums, and hold a few hundred shares for long term port.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Joined you on Friday on this.

whag00 likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

this is from Motley Fools

[​IMG]

Morgan Stanley initiated coverage on CrowdStrike with an underweight (i.e., sell) rating and a $247 price target that implies the stock has another $7 or so to fall from here before it reaches fair value.

The "potential for decelerating revenue growth" and the stock's valuation of approximately 26 times its 2023 sales "creates an unfavorable risk-reward," warned analyst Hamza Fodderwala in a note covered by StreetInsider.com today. Furthermore, CrowdStrike's first-mover advantages appear to be fading as its rivals' next-generation endpoint detection and response offerings catch up to it in terms of capability -- and as its peers offer those services to customers for at least 15% to 20% less. Long story short, Fodderwala forecasts that CrowdStrike's revenue growth will decelerate through 2022.

After warning so strenuously about CrowdStrike's prospects, the Morgan Stanley analyst actually ended up concluding that the stock trades for only "a slight premium" relative to the average valuations within the cybersecurity space. What's more, while Fodderwala said he anticipates seeing "relatively lower estimate beats going forward," he still thinks CrowdStrike will keep beating estimates in future quarters.

but that actually doesn't sound like half-bad news for CrowdStrike shareholders. While
    the stock's valuation of 170-times-free-cash-flow is rich, the potential for continued earnings beats
    --a potential now affirmed by a CrowdStrike "bear" -- suggests that
    this stock could continue to power higher despite Morgan Stanley's sell rating.
    will sell another credit spread goin into th 2 Dec ERS

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

[​IMG]

the one i trust most is Alex Henderson from Needham, he's been right in the past on CRWD's earnings when the market has been wrong. As expected after msft/amzn earnings, majority of the SaaS companies have been killing it. No one knows for sure, but i think it's much more likely that CRWD has good earnings than bad. SentinelOne is a legit competitor, but there's room for both imo, and in absolute terms, CRWD is still outpacing S (S has prettier growth % cos its starting from smaller base).

i'm adding on the way down. beyond this qtr, CRWD is becoming a critical cybersecurity company. with positive cashflows now they are starting to acquire other promising start-ups.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MARA. Yikes. Buy more?

16. MexAmercnMoose

how yall feel about ASO? been in since beg of year, more room to grow?

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

oh dang! SEC subpoena...

18. mulletman

mulletman Member

SEC subpoena plus a secondary offering? I would wait until more details come out about the secondary

Sajan likes this.
  19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

BA has broken out of its 8 month downtrend but I have been burned by it in the past so I'm a little skittish getting back in. But there is certainly some value here.

saitou likes this.
  20. Sajan

Sajan Member