1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

To trade Wood at the deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 15, 2021.

?

Trade Wood at the deadline

1. Yay

202 vote(s)
    92.7%
  2. Nay

16 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yay or nay?

I worry that his value may fall some, and this team doesn't have a ton of direction for the next three years or so. Is it worthwhile to trade Wood at the deadline? If so, do you go for a pick or a young veteran leader? I have no idea what Wood's value is.

So, do we trade Wood by the deadline(I know it's not the first time it's been asked), and if so, what is his value?

The Rockets seem to be on a good path to have a shot at Chet Holmgren. If we get Holmgren, I think Wood becomes unneeded at that point, anyway. Trading Wood away also opens up more minutes for Sengun, who sorely needs those minutes.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, if a good deal can be had. In contrast to Wall and House, he should actually have some value.

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yes. He's good, but not as good as he thinks. I think he really benefited from playing with Harden.

aaquaa, IvanLCPM, Patience and 2 others like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Deadline or not, he without a doubt should be traded for something before next year. He isn't re-signing nor should he. he never fit the rockets timeline of this full rebuild

aaquaa, Richie_Rich, IvanLCPM and 9 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he turns out to be a leader, no.

The way he is looking out for his stats, yeah, especially when there is a need for a good vet PG and a strong PF/C hybrid that doesn't take too many shots.

Two Sandwiches and payaso like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets coaching staff should be running more of the offense through Wood at this point.

Yes, I would deal him if the Rockets get a fair offer. I don't think he is going to be happy with how he is being used and on this bad a team.

7. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

I got some good Wood on Saturday. Let's do it again at the deadline.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wood has no impact on winning.

Richie_Rich, Patience, bmelo and 6 others like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed. The Rockets are on pace to be HISTORICALLY bad!

raining threes and Nook like this.
  10. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Yeah, it's pretty obvious it's Sengun's time to rise now. Might as well trade him while the value is still hot.

11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

aside from the rookies, every player on this roster should be available at the right price. Some of them you cut if you can't move (House), but frankly this should be a fire sale for vets at the deadline.

12. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Trade him to the Bulls for Colby White and a 1st/future first

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed and this is how you should properly use Wood as an inside threat.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?flag=3&CFID=45&CFPARAMS=1630578&PlayerID=1626174&TeamID=0&GameID=&ContextMeasure=FGM&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&LeagueID=00&PlusMinus=N&PaceAdjust=N&Rank=N&Outcome=&Location=&Month=0&SeasonSegment=&OpponentTeamID=0&VsConference=&VsDivision=&GameSegment=&Period=0&LastNGames=0&DateFrom=&DateTo=&PORound=0&ShotClockRange=&MeasureType=Base&PerMode=Totals&section=player&sct=hex

double d and Nook like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am vetoing all trades until silas is fired... we have some fine players serviceable at bargain deals that may become very good pieces with an appropriate coach

Two Sandwiches and Squirtle like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

yay…definite yay

Reverend Reeko has been preaching for the longest to trade Wood before u make the mistake of paying him big money

Bo6, hakeem94, YOLO and 3 others like this.
  16. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

It’s tough. Going into the season I would’ve said no but at this point I think I would definitely trade Wood. Mainly because he hasn’t taken any serious steps defensively and looks like he wasn’t in the weight room this past summer. It’s unfortunate because I see a lot of AD in him. Oh well, he has some trade value currently.

aaquaa, IvanLCPM and raining threes like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NO, Wood is one of the rare commodities in NBA, highly valued and sought after, perhaps the whole purpose of planting silas here was lowering the asking price of houstons good pieces

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL so you allowed to be fooled by silas trash coaching?... in the right system wood will be a beast....you dont sell a good house just because the kids stained the walls... you paint the walls afresh and keep the house you silly!

19. xaos

xaos Member

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thats prolly what detroit thought when they sent middleton away as a filler only for him to be instrumental in bucks winning it all
    [​IMG]