1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Isn’t Silas On The Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 14, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so you dont like the jazz and suns and would rather be like minny charlote pels etc going hard for that dynasty stuff!![​IMG]

DeBeards and Dobbizzle like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well if he's not here to have his team play winning basketball where games are at least competitive and he's just here to develop then he's failing at that too.

The Brett Brown approach didn't really do much for anyone other than Embiid who was injured most of his tenure with the Sixers anyways. Maybe Covington can be attributed to Brown but probably not.

Also Embiid didn't need to suck for half a season before we saw how good he was, and how the org then needed to quickly put talent around him. When he was healthy, you just saw it right away. The whole concept of players like Green and KPJ just needing more time to then show their potential is kind of crazy to me. Yes... maybe time to develop into role players, but not superstars.

So if the goal is to develop players to be the best they can be I don't think Silas is the man or woman for the job. If this is a Michael Carter Williams type of year and the goal is to just tank at an epic proportion then I guess he's succeeding at that... HOWEVER that doesn't take into account that Silas has actually some pretty damn decent players on his roster. Eric Gordon is good. Tate is a capable role player. Sengun looks like a young Gasol out there. Wood is... Wood. Like this team shouldn't be THIS bad.

I dunno... but I'm not really sure what Silas is doing right honestly. If the goal is to just tank Sixers/Brown style Silas is fine but you need to trade Gordon, Wood, and Tate ASAP cause their value is just going to bomb on this team playing whatever Silas is playing.

DeBeards and BigShasta like this.
  3. vick

vick Member

I could probably have them with 1 win right now and i would cost a lot less money.

4. a time to chill

In any of the games I've watched, I don't think I've ever seen Silas with a coach's clipboard or drawing up plays for the team to run during a timeout. Perhaps I've missed it? I think he just gives motivational quotes to players during the game to inspire them to play better.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Look familiar?

[​IMG]

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

can we ****ing ban this gif? i hate everything about it. the stupid ass "acting", the gamer chairs, the wall backgrounds, the punchable faces.

yes i am triggered thanks to @hakeem94

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards, clutchdabear and Bo6 like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We don't have to be one or the other. I'm stating that I want to be better than the Suns or Jazz.

34to11 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think he probably is .. but we aren’t trying to win .

unfortunately.

There’s no way he couldn’t have known green was not ready , that kpj wasn’t ready .

the front office and wall made a decision and it’s been dominoes falling from there .

what could have been a reasonably good 1-2-3 of wall-Gordon-Tate got ****ed around with and became kpj-green-Tate ... and somehow , TATE was the hard call . Like we were gonna start HOUSE !?!?!?

it sucks because this is the start of the season and so losing stands out more and lack of pt stands out . But soon kmj / garuba / Christopher need to be getting more mins . I’m ok if JC and Usman start in g-league ... but they should start getting some real PT soon . Anyways my point about the beginning of the season was going to be ... it’s more important what happens the second half of the year than it is how we start .

we could go 3-38 but then if we go 12-29 the second half and green and the other rookies look good then we will feel much better .

so , despite explosive diarrhea-ing all over the bed , Silas still has time.

but honestly, I think he’s close to losing the locker room . You can’t not win at all and keep guys engaged

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't figure out why any of you are calling for Silas's job. Winning isn't the goal this season. It's on you if you were silly enough to think it was. Silas is doing what he's supposed to be doing.

And btw, wouldn't matter if we had Red Aurbach, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich coaching this team. They would still suck.

And I'd also add that Silas is on a very low paying contract for a head coach in the NBA. If you think Ferntits is going to fire him, pay the rest of his contract, and pay a new coach a more competitive rate when we aren't even trying to win this year or next, then I'd say you are either stupid or delusional.

#30 Williamson, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Are you being sarcastic lol? it's got to be something.

Phoenix drafted (over a span of 6 years) 13, 4,4,1, 6, 10 then.... guess where last year?? 29 after having those picks and signing a veteran point guard.

And the Jazz they have lost in the first round 3 times in the last 5 years and in the second round the other two years. Have likely done as well as they can and downhill from now on, where they are at with about a 5% chance or less to win a title this year.

12. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

the 5G chip upgrade was not successful.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

I'm in agreement with you.

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Refusing to teach the rookies how to play NBA basketball and flat out not playing some of them in favour of utter garbage players who shouldn't be in the league like House is what he's "supposed" to be doing? Delete your account, you know nothing about basketball.

AroundTheWorld, bmelo and Imanimal like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's a stupid assumption. If he were refusing to teach rookies to play NBA basketball he would be fired. You don't see what takes place in practices and training sessions. And even as far as what you see on the court, we are 1/8th through the season. How far along do you expect these actual children to be? My suspicion, based on your join date, is that you aren't much older than these kids and it's you who doesn't have enough perspective to understand basketball.

I would love to see House out of the rotation, but I'm not sure he isn't getting PT because we're trying to lose. And you guys better learn to accept it, because that's what's going to be happening in 2023 too. After that, our picks start going to OKC and we'll be more dependent on hoping that the other teams picks we own are valuable. So I expect starting the 23/24 season we will be trying to compete.

jordnnnn likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

welcome to what's called a rebuild from scratch. There's no such thing as a coach fixing what's happening. This was always the expected outcome because it's part of the actual process. A lot of folks wanted to think this team isn't what it is. Wrong

34to11 and jordnnnn like this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Agreed x100000

Will add based on my many years on this board the % of posters here who could be given a game tape and actually be able to accurately break possessions down with the principles/plays we are or aren’t trying to implement. Where plays broke down. Where players should and shouldn’t be. All that actual real coaching knowledge stuff…Is somewhere less than 1%. And no I don’t consider myself part of that group.

The constant “we don’t run anything” “we don’t play hard” “we aren’t prepared” “there’s no development happening” criticisms are leading to some serious eye rolling strain on my end.

And this isn’t even a defense of Silas. It’s, as you said, an understanding that this roster sucks serious ass(yes, it is that bad, as much as some refuse to believe so) and no coach is changing that.

Williamson likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Silas has to hold the record or be near it at the very least for lowest winning percentage as a heads coach in NBA history.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

BigShasta and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. Drogba

Drogba Member

This is a good point. The city barely cares about the Rockets and the media sure doesn't. He's barely under pressure.