1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EG needs to start at the 2 for now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 12, 2021.

1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Why not wait until the deadline? See if a bidding war develops, there is often an arms race among fringe contenders.

18pbr and fattz like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

I am will not to get top dollar on him as long as I get a single dollar I would be more than happy. Move him quickly. I really hope he finds himself in a better position because he seems to be a really good person.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope. Keep EG in bubblewrap until the deadline. Let the young guys hoop and stay the F out of the way.

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Green’s not good enough yet and Gordon needs to be traded ASAP. I’m in favor of anything that fixes those two areas. Green needs experience, but not to the point of developing bad habits or losing confidence. Right now, he’s more bad on the court than he is good. I don’t know what the right answer is for him, but starting with KPJ seems like it might be too much of the same thing.

Patience likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm worried Green is starting to lose some confidence. Hopefully he is mentally strong enough to take the hits while trying to improve where he can. Honestly, until he gets physically stronger, I don't think he can be a + player on the court, other than the occasional game where his shooting is really hot. Unless he can find a way to finish stronger or at least draw fouls in the paint, it is going to be very hard for him to succeed. I suppose Trae Young found a way to make it work despite his slight build, so I hope Jalen can at least get more crafty, even if he is never built like a tank.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  6. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

That's the easy thing to say. IMO just starting John Wall makes Green better. He tales bad shots and when he is open he is not getting the ball.

Porter is as of now the teams point guard. In time this may change, but he is not a very good point guard. He is still a very good player and may have to start at the 2 and Green at the three.

Ideally for the point guard position you want size, I actually think Josh Christopher could work here. He is a smarter decision maker than Porter as of today.

Also with the need of front court defense, the Rockets could do worse than trading for Ben Simmons. Morey is being shrewd with this deal, but in the middle of a losing streak the asking price may come down to something we could do in a 2 or multi-team trade.