1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Would You Be Willing to Give up to Get Mobley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChillyPete32, Nov 11, 2021.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Honestly it's exhausting from both sides and it's easily the worst part of NBA. I'm not comparing anyone to Kobe or LeBron, but I am a fan of both and it seemed like while both were playing LeBron fans had to knock down Kobe to lift up LeBron and vice versa. It was exhausting trying to just enjoy both of their greatness and/or ascend to greatness with a general community. In this case, as an individual, it's just great watching such an amazing rookie class. Watching a players development is such a fun part of the game.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

To be fair...

As a person who wanted Green over Mobley (would've been happy with Mobley too) some Green fans were initially a little annoying which caused some Mobley fans to be annoying starting a poop throwing contest

3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Lmao imagine the kpj and Mobley combo...

GotGame15 and Jontro like this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And that does nothing to disprove what I said.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Just wait till we get Chet, or Paolo than this thread will cease to exist. If we had Mobley, we will never get our 2022 big man. We likely would not pickup Sengun this year since we had ultra soft C.Wood. As much as I hate to say it, tanking is dumb and reckless. GSW is a perfect example.

6. BelgianRocketsFan

No one, except for House, because he sucks. And J Wall, because he doesn´t play.

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Considering he's the only player in "recent" history and probably only the 2nd player in history behind Dominique, it may as well. To assume Mobley would've pulled a Francis is a much bigger assumption than to assume he'd play.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You are missing the main point; he does not want to play for the Rockets. That means he has all the leverage in the world. He could hold out, he could go play in Europe, he could join a different sport, he could stay with us for a couple of years and jet while making drama the entire time.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I mention Mobley as a reminder not because I pine for him for those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

And yes, Mobley will be better than Banchero for sure. Chet maybe, but i lean Mobley.

7 footers with Mobley's skill, IQ and versatility are rare. Hence the Unicorn moniker.

Chet's frame is the tie breaker, Mobley is thin but Chet is anorexic. Chet is also not quite as explosive or as agile as Mobley IMO.

ChillyPete32 likes this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Agree.

D-rock likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

jabroni parker is better than all those guys and hes available for minimum..pair him with andrew wiggins and jalen green and you have all time all hype team

12. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Right. Mobley at 20 years old is arguably the best/most important player on what looks like a playoff team. Of course he can turn out better than any player in this upcoming draft and maybe the next few too. He might be on an all defensive team this year.

I get and agree this situation with the Rockets is terrible but I think some are overselling what Mobley walked into with the Cavs as well.

They went 22-50 last year with a -8.5 point differential.

Mobley is a big part of why it’s clicking.

GotGame15, jogo and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep.

Mobley plus acquisition of Rubio has been massive improvement for the Cavs.

ChillyPete32 and MrButtocks like this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We drafted well if it turns out we end up getting Chet or Banchero and they are better than Mobley.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like @Nook said, imagine Mobley and Chet as forwards or Barnes and Chet.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's always like this. Fans of one player always feel the urge to trash other players in order to prop up their guy.

everyday eddie and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I just watched Mobley shut down the Celtics with DPOY level play.

Lead his team to a win from down 18 points.

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Mobley is looking like the generational talent many of us thought he was.

As much as I think Stone has done a decent job up until then, in a few years when there is no shred of doubt in this anymore he deserves to be fired, especially if the analytics department was pushing for Mobley as rumored.

Milos, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Honestly it’s the opposite. Mobley’s stats and highlights really don’t do justice to the impact he has on winning. Watching how he impacted the game tonight was astounding.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

And Garland has improved. And others have improved also.

Mobley is insanely good though. I see the Duncan qualities now (whereas before I thought he had he ability to be really good but mostly just defense while just getting points offensively cause of size). As I mentioned in the Why Mobley thread… my draft scout card has to be turned in next year.

It’s just all working in Cleveland. Almost too fast… and I don’t say this in a jealous sort of way… see Atlanta this year so far for example vs last year where everything just worked.

all that said… I’d trade Jalen for Mobley at this point … not sure much else. Certainly not picks. (I mean second rounders or late first fine whatever). Not that it matters in this dumbass hypothetical.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.