1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Plenty of time to work on that shot in practice.

DD

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So, what is the problem with Green? I haven‘t watched a full game yet and the highlights don‘t enlighten me. Is it a lack of physicality? Is his shot just not falling? Does he look lost out there? Is he taking only bad shots?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I get the argument for Christian Wood. I see a number of reasons to look to move him. I'm concerned he's going to want a huge contract for his next one and will no longer be a value. His defense is frequently suspect. And as skilled as he can be, he can't seem to hit free throws and he seems to now love bringing the ball all the way down the court and driving to the basket without even looking at his teammates.

But how in the world do you figure KPJ is not a player you win games with? With the improvement he has made on the defensive side of the ball, he's emerging as a genuine two way player. Those are exactly the kind of players you win ball games with.

tycoonchip, Denovo and GotGame15 like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

basically everything you said, but also:

he isnt being showcased at all.. Rockets are prioritizing KPJ at PG for some dumb ass reason. Jalen is standing in the coroner on offense while, tate, KPj and wood kind of fly around.

also when he does get the ball he gets no help. Jalen has no bag, no moves and just straight line speed, The team never gives him a pick when he has the ball they expect him to go 1v1 and he loses the ball almost every time.

in summer league when Green was lighting everyone on fire he had the ball and was allowed to do a lot more.

promote will weaver to head coach, lol

Bo6, BigM and harold bingo like this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say they're not showcasing him at all, he's averaging the second most FGA on the team (only 0.8 behind Wood), and has the second highest usage on the team (only 0.9% behind KPJ).

You're right about the KPJ thing though, Green does not get a lot of time with the ball. I think the worst thing for him is that he's constantly forced to play with two bigs, so when he does get the ball and beat his man off the dribble (which happens frequently), he ends up driving into a packed paint and, as you mentioned, turns the ball over a lot. He also goes straight into the chest of the NBA centers that weigh like 100 lbs more than him and that usually doesn't end very well for him either.

I think he could look better with the ball in his hands playing with just one big and without KPJ. It seems like all his non KPJ minutes are with Eric Gordon, who usually plays the point, but in the last couple games they've let Jalen have more possessions with the ball in his hands.

He would also look a lot better if he could make his open shots. He's getting a lot of open and wide open 3s, and shooting really poorly on them. It would obviously help his numbers a lot but also help out KPJ, who has one of the lowest teammate shooting % on potential assists in the NBA.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We're really lucky to have this kid. Excellent athleticism, first step, effort, work ethic and even mindset. All he says is that he has to keep putting the work in and his time will come. 100% true.

How can you not root for a 19 year old on your team who works this hard on and off the court?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

still have faith in Jalen Green…he might suck this year, but I’ve seen too many dudes just show up after an offseason of work looking like a totally different player…all of the sudden they go from having no bag to rocking Louis Vuitton, and they go from having a busted shot shooting bricks to making it rain splashing the net with a jumper so wet

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I sincerely hope so because so far he has sucked. Badly.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

he has, but look at someone like Anthony Edwards just last year…compare his basic and advanced stats along with efficiency pre-ASB to Jalen Green, and they’re basically identical

hopefully Jalen Green can be more consistent as the season goes along, and then we’ll go from there

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LV ain't even that great.:)

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jalen Green works out with Curry and he says his big brother his Ja. I hope he works out with them until his arms fall off.

juanm34 likes this.
  12. VanityHalfBlack

I think mostly he looks lost.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Kobe sucked his first year too. He has time

juanm34 and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

People not willing to let rookies grow

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so every player that sucks is kobe now? :D and everybody has time... even jeremy lin has a lot of time left to turn it around

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he also needs to play a lot... send him to g league to also play all the games there ... theres no substitute for games....

GotGame15 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am rooting for him to fail so the tank backfires and the rockets stop tanking once for all...its disgraceful what they do...its an insult to a beautiful game of basketball

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don't know where you are getting half this ****, but I'm down with the positivity.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If he was 33-95 instead of 27-95 from deep we'd be arguing his rookie of the year case