1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Hmmm. Then the other rebuilding teams would be our most direct competition asset wise.

I like Ayton and would consider him in the off-season.

2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

3. wolstein

wolstein Member

House + 2nd round pick for a good psychologist

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Clutch + srp + house for 400000 blindfolds that rocket fans can wear during the game .

10k x 40 games is how I got the 400k

I’m sure we will have extra . But it’s a trade that gets us extra value towards next season!

we don’t need clutch right now . We can trade for a mascot in a couple of years once we get back to winning 20+ games

wolstein likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

He’s physically where he supposed to be maybe even mentally, too. The improvements are noticeable but what cost The emotional is the question seem like we are over doing things for him. Wall not playing is to much. When thing start NOT going his way is concern. We will locked in on an unmovable contract yet again.

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Wonder if the Wizards would be open to parting with Thomas Bryant. He showed flashes when healthy, and he's only 24. Coming off an ACL, yes, but the Wizards are playing well and would probably prefer win-now guys that can play with Beal and Dinwiddie vs. a young player who is going to need to be load managed this season.

jch1911 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just make the swap for Pete's sake!

HorryForThree likes this.
  8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

First, love the screen name.
    Second, I would much rather Gafford (Wiz got a steal), but he ain't available.
    Third, I was thinking something similar. I was just worried about the ACL. But this is the kind of gamble / risk that could pay off big. (pun intended)
    Bryant pre-injury really flashed - esp. with ability to hit the 3.
    Were you thinking Augustin for Bryant?

HorryForThree likes this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The more I think about it, the more I think Ben Simmons is a cure all for the Rockets! If Ben replaces Tate in the starting lineup, it gives them more size, a true point guard and it puts Porter on the wing, where I think he fits best.

SG-Green
    SF-Porter
    PG-Simmons
    C-Theis
    PF-Wood

But to facilitate such a transaction, I think it has to be a 3-way trade.

Rockets out- Wall, Gordon, 1st rd pick, 2nd rd, TE
    Rockets in- Simmons

Indy out- LaVert, 1st Rd pick
    Indy in- Wall, 2nd rd pick, trade exception

Philly out- Simmons
    Philly in- Gordon, LaVert, 2 1st rnd picks

D-rock likes this.
  10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I was actually thinking Theis for Bryant. Theis is a stretch 5, Bryant isn't, and they make about the same money. Theis has a friendly contract, experience, and will help them more than Bryant. Bryant gives us a young 5 who will be content getting 10mpg every other night, and can be re-signed in the offseason for a cheap deal.

jch1911 likes this.
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I like it. Call Stone!

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Wood and House for Wiseman and Kuminga.

Gordon + 2022 BK FRP for Jaden McDaniels and Patrick Beverly

buyout Wall.

find a team to take Theis, Augustin and Nwaba.

KPJ/Bev
    Green / Christopher/ Brooks
    Kuminga/ KJ Martin
    McDaniels/ Tate / Garuba
    Sengun/Wiseman

13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think you are on to something. I doubt Indy parts with LaVert for Wall, but..... how about this one

IND - PHI - HOU - SAC
    IND: Gordon (HOU) + House (HOU) into TPE + 2023 BRK FRP (via HOU)

PHI: Wall (HOU) + Ramsey (SAC) + 2022 FRP (via SAC) (lottery protected) + 2023 HOU FRP (top 5 protected) + 2025 FRP (via HOU) (lottery protected) + 2 SRPs (via HOU)

SAC: Thybulle (PHI) + Warren (IND)

HOU: Simmons (PHI) + Bagley (SAC) + Jus. Holiday (IND)
    Could re-package Holiday for another piece or pick

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Augustin+Garuba+Bucks pick for Coby White.

15. fattz

fattz Member

Wall is not going anywhere. His contact is not movable (one of the largest in the league)—> he can still play but not to the level of his earnings.

Gordon / Wood / Tate or Porter is what it will take to get Simmons even with his value low. That will get really close to the dollar amount and all can help a contending team, too.

I am okay with moving either Tate or Porter. Both make good 6th men; Tate / Porter are both flawed but effective role players. Give to get.

Wall can shoot & defend so he fits nicely next to Simmons. Both Wall & Simmons along with Sengun B-BALL IQ’s will make Green ROY. Add Martin’s motor and we will have something. PLUS a talented bench. AND MORE.

Wall / Green / Simmons / Martin / Sengun —>
    Christopher / Brooks / (Porter or Tate) / Garuba / Theis

—> that’s 10 deep with playable rotation worthy veterans out of the rotation.

—> plus this year’s draft picks to help further the development / growth / rebounding process.

moving Tate or Porter will sting but we will recover quickly.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Since they are going to suck this year too. They should might as well trade Wood, Theis, Eric Gordon, Danuel House, and John Wall. Play the young kids. Let them grow and develop.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Money doesn’t work on the GSW trade. GSW is probably the best fit for a trade, but we will have to eat a bad contract.

My bad just looked it up. The money does work. GSW would go for it for sure.

18. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm ready to trade away all of the veteran players. Augustin, Theis, Gordon, House. Move on. Give Christopher and Garuba the minutes.

jch1911 likes this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I agree with this sentiment. However, I think we need a vet PG not named Wall.... Augustin apparently peed in Silas' cereal at some point

20. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Sixers already have a scoring power forward who doesn't play any defense in Harris, trading Simmons for Woods makes no sense for them.

Plus after the whole Tillman refusing to trade Harden to Morey fiasco, no way they're sending him here.

D-rock likes this.