1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by prodigy08, Jan 12, 2021.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Second season we have a team that seems so lethargic for a stretch. I don't care if this team loses. But there are times when they look like they don't even care.

chadyang, Ramo$e and hakeem94 like this.
  2. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, the offense being this bad is purely on the coaching. So much stagnation, standing around, basic pick and roll here and there. 92 points tonight against a bad Blazers defense is just sad. We shouldn’t be trying to win in a tanking mode, but you have to develop talent in a real offense.

bmelo, DCHAMP, Gakatron and 3 others like this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

They need to fire him soon and let someone else run the show for the year.

DCHAMP, Gakatron, chadyang and 3 others like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

But the experts on here has repeatedly told me that I'm a nobody and the coaches know their team better than I do. "it ain't coaching" :confused::confused:

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What exactly is Silas thinking while playing Green 30+ minutes a game and playing Sengun 12, 15, 17 minutes a game, and not playing Garuba and Christopher at all? What's the point of all of this?

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The free throw shooting says a lot about the discipline of this team. They shouldn’t shoot this bad. The fact that they shot as many air balls tonight from three as they actually hit from three does too. They’ve now lost ten straight games. There needs to be tangible improvement, and there needs to be accountability. I don’t blame Silas for all of this, but he needs to be the one who makes the team play at least to their potential, and right now they’re just coasting. There’s really no excuse for them to shoot as poorly as they are all around right now. It’s inexcusable.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We are the worst nba team now, and we won’t be good in short time. Why don’t we just play young talents and develop them?

Young rookies are team’s hope, Silas not , Theis not , Gordon not.

bmelo, Gakatron, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  8. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Pretty pathetic coaching.

DCHAMP likes this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Makes no sense.

10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I don't understand the point of playing JC for 2 min in the first half and not playing after that...

GotGame15, pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

someone mentioned the other day silas had 20 losing seasons out of his 21 seasons in nba... this man is a definition of a professional loser...

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Close game. Portland barely covered.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't really see him doing any coaching at all. He doesn't seem to explain anything to the players, he doesn't take timeouts to explain things, he doesn't challenge obviously wrong calls (like the clean block by Sengun today that was called a foul). Why is he even there? What is it that he does?

If this season is about development, why is he playing Gordon so much and House, playing Sengun very little and Garuba and Christopher not at all?

It all makes zero sense.

chadyang, Rockets4Life13 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

He seems like the nicest guy in the world, but I think this job is above his pay grade.

DCHAMP, Gakatron, chadyang and 4 others like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm totally ok with losing right now, but then do it in a way where you develop the young players. I just don't see that happening at all, and it pisses me off. The guy just sits or stands there and does nothing. There is no accountability. There is no teaching. There is no improvement. Seems like a nice guy, but we are really wasting the opportunity to develop the talent we have.

If it's clearly not about winning (and our record shows it's not), then PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS. TEACH THEM. Stop trotting out Gordon, House, Theis, etc.

ashleyem, bmelo, Gakatron and 3 others like this.
  16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

He seems like a really nice guy but he’s not cut out for this gig. Maybe it would have worked out with him coaching a vet team led by Harden last year.

I think he needs to be let go but I also really want Chet so may as well let him finish the season.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Most likely because he doesn't know how to develop them. If you don't play them, you don't have to develop them. But then again, the guy has also played a "crucial" role in the development of players like LeBron James, Steph Curry and Luka Doncic so what do I know?

PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

TRANSLATION: I AM CLUELESS, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK I AM DOING

bmelo and chadyang like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

is chet better than jalen green, andrew wiggins or jabroni parker?

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

missing you jbb