1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Would You Be Willing to Give up to Get Mobley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChillyPete32, Nov 11, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Suggs and Green are probably the guards in the worst team situation.

They are letting Green play a lot of minutes and are allowing him to mistakes.

topfive, tycoonchip and daywalker02 like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Definitely baptism by fire. Growing through the entire league data, there's been only two instances in NBA history where a rookie has started every game to start the season (using 12 games as the limit here), playing at least 25 minutes a night, and shooting worse than 31% from the field and worse than 25% from 3point line. Suggs and Lonzo.

D-rock likes this.
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

let it go man … I was in favor of drafting Mobley but Green is our guy. Green may end up being an elite scorer when he adds more strength and experience

Roomba, Rox_fan_here, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  4. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

This is the right attitude. The draft is over. We roll with who we got.

Roomba, Zen Tabak, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure Cleveland is dying to get KPJ back.

Nook and mikenm268 like this.
  6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Appreciate the non-flame response. I was definitely not trolling or looking for an excuse to trash Green in making this.

I get that Jalen is in a bad situation, shows some serious upside, and it’s VERY early. I get all that. But after seeing Mobley so far, barring injury there is all-NBA potential there and it’s almost difficult to see him not at least being a top 30ish player due to elite defense and at worst adequate offense. Green has all-NBA potential and could end up being a 30ppg scorer but there’s also enough there to worry he’s a guy who in a few years could be looking at not even getting the full mid level for his second deal.

Yeah I mean it’s weird. What I put in the OP seems ridiculous but also maybe not enough. If folks want to flame me for starting an unnecessary thread that’s fair but I don’t think the substance is crazy. If I could somehow keep Sengun (not because I have him ahead of Jalen but you’d obviously have to give up Jalen) in a second I’d immediately give up anything else on the roster and the Bucks pick without a second thought. 30 games from now that might change completely.

You do make a great point about this draft being front court heavy at the top and that pairing Jalen with Chet or whoever could turn out better even if Mobley turns out better than Jalen.

Nook, mikenm268, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More like we crawl with what we got.

Nook, D-rock and ICanDunkOnYao like this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wall green theis danuel house for Mobley, love Rubio. I'll even fly home to help Green pack his bags and drive him to the airport!

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

id give up danuel house, 13 2nd round picks(top 55 protected) and i'll throw in @DaDakota and @D-rock for salary matching purposes

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I really like Mobley, I wanted to draft him.
    We didn't, we took Green.

Green is now my guy. Doesn't matter to me if Mobley is a better player, that is stupid immature thinking that pits one player against another and freaks out if our guy isn't as good as someone else is. So what? I'm hoping Green turns out to be an all-star level player - there are positive glimpses, but we need to see those more often. Will we? Who knows - we are 11 games in....
    [[I was also of the opinion that bringing Green off the bench behind Gordon for 15-20 games might not be a stupid idea - he would still play 30mpg but there would be less pressure on him to deliver immediately, and it would let him warm into being an NBA player - whatever, didn't happen, all good, he can still develop]]

As far as Mobley goes - um, it isn't like he is a guaranteed 10x All star and NBA champ. Sure, he is playing well, and all signs point to him being a 20-10 guy with 2 blocks per contest. But it seems like our back office preferred the big men in the 2022 draft to Mobley - or, more likely, they preferred the idea of getting a guard in a guard heavy draft, and a big in a big heavy draft. It kind of makes sense doesn't it?

We are well on track for maximum possible chance at #1 pick and Paulo Banchero. The 2nd 3rd or 4th prizes aren't terrible either - and we'll know by next season if Green is "il bustino with a broken shot" or if he is a potential 20ppg NBA scorer.

Bottom line: I ain't cashing in assets to get Mobley when there are other "Mobley's" in the 2022 draft.

11. DreamR

DreamR Member

That ship has sailed

We're all on the Jalen Green ship now

If you don't like it go ahead and jump ship, but beware, there are sharks in the water

Nook, DrNuegebauer and D-rock like this.
  12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I thinks it's a really bad thread by OP. However, after reading his takes I think I see where he is coming from.

I don´t want to talk about Mobley, not about Jalen struggles. But I believe we need to talk about our drafting process, at this point it looks like professional malpractice not bringing the kid to give yourself more options and leverage.

And suprise suprise, we are going to be drafting high again for a few years. With such a big mouthed owner you would expect at least a competent process. You can live with a bad call on a good process. But if this was botched there is no process to correct.

TimDuncanDonaut, sydmill and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

You'd miss me.

bloodwings19 and Nook like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would "like" 100 times if possible.

15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

withmustard and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Keep in mind that as Rockets fans, most of us have seen only Mobley highlights with the Cavs. Meanwhile, we see entire games of Green, warts and all.

Watch an entire Cavs game and Green highlights and you might come away with a different slant.

TriumVirate, ApacheWarrior and DreamR like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are missing your left nuts, you know precisely where they went.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  18. thekad

thekad Member

I’m still not confident Mobley can be the best player on a championship team. He looks to be a lock for at least a #3 and a good chance of being the second best player on a championship-caliber team.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

John Wall hahahaha

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no one is until they win one

tycoonchip and D-rock like this.