1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Manaea and Laureano for Meyers, Abreu, and Urquidy. Who says no?

Htown Legend likes this.
  2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Laureano still has 27 games left on his suspension.

I would rather have Bassitt.

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Astros, easily. Manaea is a free agent after the season, and he is not an ace. He’s just a different version of what they already have. Giving up four years of Urquidy for him is not something the Astros should do.

I prefer Bassitt, but he is a free agent after the season, too. I wouldn’t give up someone like Urquidy for a one-year rental, unless it was a legit ace like Scherzer was at the trade deadline.

#483 DVauthrin, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Manaea projects to be twice as valuable as Urquidy next season. Ditto for Laureano (who has 3 years of control left) vs Meyers. I really like Meyers so I would probably not do that deal, but I think it’s a pretty fair trade.

raining threes likes this.
  5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The A’s can keep Laureano as far as I’m concerned. He’s their suspended douchebag, now. That said, I’ll acknowledge he’s better than Meyers.

As for Manaea, if he had two years of control, I’d be more willing to consider giving up Urquidy for him. But, I’m not giving up four years of a competent middle of the rotation starter in Urquidy for a rental in Manaea. Manaea is the better pitcher, but he’s not the ace the Astros are looking for. I’d much rather just sign Verlander to a two-year, 35-40M contract (option for the second year) if he rejects the qualifying offer and keep all the controllable pitching I have.

6. HTown2017Champs

Astros get: RHP Chris Bassitt, PTBNL

Athletics get: OF Chas McCormick, RHP Enoli Paredes

Who says no?

raining threes likes this.
  7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

A’s

AznH-TownFan likes this.
  8. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Astros should see if they could sign Noah Syndergaard on the cheap.

9. HTown2017Champs

I definitely think we have to up the price, but I think Chas could provide value for a 1-year rental player, whether that be Bassitt or somebody else. Still has 5 years of control remaining, and the advanced stats actually show he's a really great defender. Does look like Meyers is the guy the FO prefers, and I feel he has more upside. But Chas can be a great trade chip. The site below is decent but obviously not completely accurate. Worth noting they value Chas more than Bassitt, and give Bryan Abreu a 0 value (I'm not as high on him as some here are, but I think he is still a decent trade chip to the right team for the right guy).

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/

10. raining threes

Would Leon/Whitley/Urquidy/Javier/Chaz get a deal done?

I dont want to give up Pena or Brown.

11. HTown2017Champs

Agree, Hunter Brown especially not. I'm really convinced he's going to be a good one.

I think Pedro Leon, while talented and high-ceiling, is the most tradeable from my perspective. His K rate could be an issue, and . More than happy with Meyers and Tucker manning 2/3 OF spots, and Brantley holding the fort another year (revaluate in 2023). Have plenty of promising OF prospects. As far as the Leon as a SS experiment, I don't like it. Worth trying but he'll be an error machine.

Astros get:
    RHP Shane Bieber

Indians get:
    OF Pedro Leon
    RHP Luis Garcia
    RHP Forrest Whitley
    RHP Bryan Abreu
    C Garrett Stubbs

May not be quite enough but that's my offer. Of course, Whitley is a huge wild card. Really have no idea how any of the other front offices view him, but I'd think some would still be intrigued by him.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

White Sox GM unsure of Kimbrel's fit after post-trade struggles
    "It didn't work out the way we wanted last year, so perhaps there is a better use of his skills than how we were doing it," Hahn said at the GM meetings, according to Maddie Lee of NBC Sports Chicago. "So we have to reconsider his usage with us versus a potential trade."

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2221477

13. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Since we are tossing out trade ideas.... I know that Korey Lee being mentioned in a trade is a sin around here since people on this board have been chasing a young catcher that can hit like a golden unicorn that they just can't reach, but Alcantara is under control for 3 years and Miami wants catching help.

Trades:
    Korey Lee, Forest Whitley, Chas McCormick, and Bryan Abreu to Miami for Sandy Alcantara

Jose Urquidy and Jason Castro to the Cubs for Wilson Contreras

Jake Odorizzi for prospects

Free agent signings:

Starling Marte
    Kendall Graveman
    Justin Verlander
    Marwin Gonzalez/Freddy Galvis

Lineup:
    Marte CF
    Brantley LF
    Altuve 2B
    Alvarez DH
    Bregman 3B
    Tucker RF
    Gurriel 1B
    Contreras C
    Pena SS

Bench:
    Maldonado, Diaz, Meyers, Marwin/Galvis

Rotation:
    Verlander, Alcantara, McCullers, Framber, Garcia

Bullpen:
    Pressly, Graveman, Stanek, Baez, Maton, Javier, Montero, Taylor

Nook likes this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Rays face roster crunch ahead of Rule 5 Draft
    That means the next week-and-a-half could be busy. The Rays might have to part with some of their current depth to make room for the prospects they view as future depth. They’ll look to make trades, potentially moving players off their 40-man roster for low-level Minor Leaguers who aren’t yet eligible for the Rule 5 Draft.

https://www.mlb.com/rays/news/rays-40-man-roster-decisions-before-rule-5-draft

16. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Thor got the QO. He would want some dough at least on FA but I think he goes back to NYM for the QO. Doubt that Astros will go after him with QO looming over him

17. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Sounds like the A’s are having a Fier sale.

IowaAstro, The Beard, Nook and 3 others like this.
  18. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Give CC 10/300 and JV 2/45 with a 3rd year team option if that’s what it take to get them to sign. Trade Odo, Baez, Castro, and few others AAAA players for bullpen help. We don’t lose any prospects in the process. If we really want another TOR starter such as Castillo, we have some trade chip such as urguidy, framber, javier, abreu, and Leon. We have to keep Lee, Brown and one of Pena/Leon just in case Breggy can’t return to form.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Hope he never plays again

IowaAstro, The Beard, Nook and 2 others like this.
  20. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Correa(keep 1 of your franchise players and leader. Pena becomes a useful trade chip)
    Kershaw *if they feel he's healthy(adding depth to the starting rotation is key since there's going to be injuries. Would be funny if he helps them to another World Series win. How would the Dodgers fans feel lol)
    Castillo(a rotation of Castillo,McCullers, Kershaw,Valdez/Urquidy/Garcia/Odorizzi doesn't seem bad. I'm guessing 1 of Valdez, Urquidy, or Garcia would be heading to the Reds)
    Rogers(another weapon in the bullpen. He's a lefty right? Potential Raley replacement since Dusty likes to have at least 2 lefties)