1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Did you buy it around January 2018? I think it hit around $9 back then. Just go to wherever you bought it and see if they have the trade confirmations. Now if you're saying you paid close to $10 after conversions, fees, spreads, etc., I dunno.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This def explains how earning 70% over crypto in the past 4 years is still a success (and wildly successful for other markets).

Some folks bought doge at ath and had to learn the hard way.

I followed that other thread for years and didn't jump in till early this year, so congrats to the dedicated vets out there if they're swimming in lambos.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe I did but at an ATH without realizing it. After all, I was new to crypto. I was watching BTC , and I didn't think it'd go higher. Wanted to invest in a longer term, high ceiling investment.

Turns out, BTC would have been better. Lol

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Reddit tokenizing Karma. Instant 500m user network.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Yeah. But it's crypto... stuff tanks, stuff pops, mostly because of some "news" or pump and dump schemes. A lot of this is luck. Everything tanked back then, so if you had piled in during the next couple of years, you would've made out huge. To put it in perspective, I've been holding Cardano for giggles since 2017. My cost basis is probably around $0.35-$0.45. Last year around election time, I know somebody who got into it around $.10.... that's like a 2900% return at peak and a 1-year return of something like 1900% which makes my 400-500% return puny. :D

But I'm out of most crypto at the moment other than the Cardano. I just put most of the money I made off of it into stocks where those are going up, too, and dumped the rest into savings and buying stuff for the house. If it tanks again, I'll buy more (except a couple I may look at buying in the next couple of months). If it all goes to zero, I don't care -- I made some free money.

Two Sandwiches and cheke64 like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

SQUID token bag holders be disappearing to private islands soon.
    https://markets.businessinsider.com...rypto-token-scammers-cz-tracking-down-2021-11
    • Binance said on Thursday it was actively trying to track down the Squid Game token scammers.
    • The crypto exchange told Insider it was "deploying blockchain analytics to identify the bad actors".
    • The SQUID token rose from as little as $0.01 over the weekend to almost $3,000 before crashing to 0 by Monday.

7. Asian Sensation

Do you not believe that there’s going to be a crazy alt push to end the year/Bull cycle?

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's what they say, but then I don't know, nor do I claim to know. Everybody is right and everybody is wrong. The only thing I'm trying to do is be prepared if there's a tank since I only have a certain amount of money I'm willing to put into crypto. I'm not looking to maximize profits by gambling -- I'm just trying to make money and keep it when a market gives me "free" money and let some of the rest ride.

ramotadab, Asian Sensation and Sajan like this.
  9. Asian Sensation

That’s fair. If I got in as early as you did and already 5x’ed I’d be more conservative as well.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, not to mention that 5x could evaporate in a day or 2. :D Eh, at least it earns me 4-5% (until it tanks again).

ramotadab likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

ramotadab likes this.
  12. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

Sold off a bunch of it a few hours ago. Might hop back in at a cheaper price. Made a nice profit shoutout @Xerobull for putting me on in the summer.

13. mulletman

mulletman Member

I dumped all my near worthless 2017/2018 alt coins and exchanged them for bitcoin last year.

I still have VTHO sitting in my VeChainThor wallet. Anyone know what you can do with it? Are there any other exchanges that accept VTHOR so I can convert it to something else?

ramotadab likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think Crypto.com and Binance.us (if you can use it) allow it. I know it wasn't easy to dump it back when I sold a bunch of stuff early in the year, but not sure about now, tbh. I haven't looked. From googling, you may want to check out the Vexchange dApp on your VeChain wallet to swap VTHOR to VET and then dump the VET on some place like Binance.us (again, if you can use it) or maybe KuCoin.

15. mulletman

mulletman Member

I’ve tried this on the app. Every time I try to convert it, it gives me an error that says there’s not enough liquidity.

No access to binance, so let me check KuCoin.

thanks!

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, I don't think KuCoin has VTHO trading pairs unless they changed recently. I was saying if you could convert the VTHO to VET, then you could sell the VET there. I would say something like Gate.io, but I can't tell what's legal and what's not on that site for US citizens. lol.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You can find all the pairs here:
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/vethor-token

mulletman likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Time to buy!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Sajan likes this.