1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood... Would you trade him? (Fit seems off)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slabhurta3, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Long term I agree. One or two losing seasons while you try and give your young future a good amount of playing time will not necessarily develop a losing culture. If you’re improving and competing in games, that is. And John Wall being sat is necessary both because of the positions of the two guys your trying to develop most (kpj and green) and because of his ridiculous contract and recent injury history. For the futures sake, you need to try and find a deal for him and if he gets injured it’s going to be impossible to find a deal.

put short, we are in a tough spot with player personnel, development needs, and contracts. If we want to compete ASAP, we need to move Wall.

I’d move Christian Wood because he’s not good enough. He has a bad attitude and is a black hole on offense while providing no defense. He’s a GREAT contract for a competing team. We aren’t that and won’t be until his contract is up, most likely. So you’ve got to consider that when considering dealing him. If we can get a good piece for him that extends further than his 2 more years under contract with us, then we benefit long term.

winning this season is clearly off the table. Silas and the rookies haven’t been anywhere close to good enough. But we are seeing small improvements which is imperative.

2. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Wall and Wood got hurt at the same time right before the losing streak started.
    If you have to lie to make a point then you do not have a point.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  3. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

If that’s your brilliant rebuttal to my point, then I have obviously won the debate.
    You should probably STFU from this point forward.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Wall started in 14 of the 20 game losing streak. Based on gamescore data, Wall's 3rd best game last year was during the 20 game losing streak, specifically against Cleveland when he scored 32 points.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

What did Theis say?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Patience likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I posted in the game thread last night that I would trade Wood if I were the Rockets. Classic case of putting up good numbers on a bad team. He could be a good player to a good team, but you certainly don't want him on a bad team.

Sell high is my view on Christian now.

peleincubus likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

John Wall played in 14 of the 20 games during the historic losing streak…know your history

Christian Wood does not generate wins, so combining him with Wall still gets u just as many L’s as we’re seeing now

#328 Reeko, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    YOLO, i3artow i3aller and Dobbizzle like this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nah.

It's the only thing that needs to be posted. You are posting rhetoric and narratives that aren't based in reality.

These are world class athletes, not wusses. They can withstand a few years of losing.

YOLO likes this.
  10. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I guess losers like you are accustomed to losing so it’s not big deal.
    If you’re not trying to win, you shouldn’t even be playing.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thies talks alot for being a scrub

ElPigto and D-rock like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's the problem. They're trying to win but they actually aren't good enough to win and until you find an actual impact player or one develops into one, the cycle continues. And in a actual rebuild from scratch, it will take a long time.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Milk Hair got canned after 11 games, so there was that.

D-rock likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

16. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Teams should never plan for the future with a multiseason outlook with said team-specific dynamics and variables in mind. They should look at singular seasons with only that in mind. I understand

Is there a specific date and/or winning % that a team should look at for each of these singular seasons??

19. steddinotayto

But tanking (regardless of when) is for losers though ? or are we moving the goal posts on when tanking can properly occur?

YOLO likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who the fvck cares what Theis says.

He is a rotational vet AT BEST.

Wood is 100× more important to success of team.

To even compare the 2 in terms of talent is inane.

Next time Theis has a 20/20 with 39% from 3 will be his first time.