1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood... Would you trade him? (Fit seems off)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slabhurta3, Oct 7, 2021.

1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

A guy has an off night and he should be traded o_O

Wood’s easily the best player on the team. He should only be moved if some deal is too good to pass up.

DreamShakeFTW and Corrosion like this.
  2. Sengun

Sengun Member

This.

CHAMPBOY likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I will not tolerate players that think it’s about them when it’s about the team.

I would rather play with 4 people and just get penalized all the way until we gotta do something else rather than play with 5 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team. It is more about them than it is about the team.

Cannot play with ‘em, cannot win with ‘em, cannot coach with ‘em, can’t do it. I want winners! I want people that want to win!

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Christian tried to make a point, whatever the point was.

He thinks this is his team but in reality this is no ones team. He’s not a leader. People talk about KPJ attitude, Christian has a bad one too. Hence why he’s been a journeyman.

John Wall should’ve been playing from the start. Everyone who wanted to throw the young guys out there from the start were wrong. These guys are only learning to lose. They need leadership and ball control.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

An off night is fine, but he was intentionally sandbagging it out there. It’s crappy even when superstars pull this type of diva stunt. But Wood ain’t even that good.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

if the Rockets pay this man big money, I’m suing for emotional distress, pain, and suffering

if the Rockets pay this man, just go ahead and throw Stone back into the river

people really getting catfished by 20 and 10 in L’s…this team is worst in the league with or without him

red5rocket, ElPigto, Patience and 7 others like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He was always going to be an asset. We signed him to find another lob threat for Harden that could actually stretch the floor.

The team hasn’t even showcased him as anything close to a franchise player. The only one who thinks he is is himself

amaru, red5rocket and i3artow i3aller like this.
  9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Being the best player on the worst team doesn’t exactly say much. He’s a 3rd/4th guy on a contender and we aren’t anywhere close to that. Trade him while his contract is good

Williamson likes this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Wood hasn’t been the same guy as he was when he first came here. Last nights stat line, and the play that J.R. Posted above, along with the Theis quote, kinda hint that something is going on with the guy. The ONE thing Wood has is his effort level. If his attitude turns sour, or the effort starts to lag, Silas needs to get that **** straight. Wood can’t become a problem.

Patience likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I hope he was really sick last night or something because if not that was a shameful performance.

I'm getting ready to trade him for a PG. Sengun/Theis/Garuba should be fine for now.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why is Wood such a big baby, I don't really understand. Does he just want to iso every possession. I am not quite sure exactly what he wants.

There are times where our guards miss him under the rim, but that's not really because they are selfish, they simply don't have the skills to make that pass without getting it deflected.

I don't really think anyone is intentionally freezing him out either.

13. towW

towW Member

he can grow with us he might need to add lean muscle and not go over board with the protein

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I was against trading Wood, but after last night **** it, get him gone. He deliberately played like garbage, the only point he proved is that he's not a top tier quality player, he's a self centred bum. Get him gone for literally anybody or anything at this point. In fact, just bench him and tell him he won't be played or traded, show him what a real sandbagging looks like.

i3artow i3aller and wolstein like this.
  15. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

You can't blame Wood because the Rockets front office decided to sit a player who would help them win games so they could blatantly tank.
    That is a loser move and it only creates a losing culture.
    The fake Rockets fans advocating trading Wood for a pick are just as bad as the fake Rockets fans cheering when the team loses games.
    The object is to win the game.
    Always.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You DO know how this organization got the 1st pick to draft Hakeem right?

18pbr likes this.
  17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Yes, The reason Cleveland is playing well is because of veterans like Rubio. He is really helping Mobley getting easy baskets. We need Wall to play because we need leadership and the guy career's average is 19 points a game and 9 assists. He needs to show his talent and show he is not hurt for him to be traded. I think later on Wood needs to be traded but not now. I would not give him a big contract unless he was the 3rd option on a Championship team. He think he is star on this team so he will need to be move soon.

red5rocket and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets lost 20 straight last year with John Wall playing…he’s not gonna help this team win games

just like the little person with short arms will never reach the top shelf without major help, this roster couldn’t win no matter how hard they tried

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It’s pretty obvious Wood isn’t happy with his role and with the touches he’s getting, and he’s not wrong if they were playing to win. Our guards are TERRIBLE right now and they’re taking too many shots. We can’t win with the way they are playing, and Wood knows that as well as anyone. I think he wants to win and I’m not sure he’s down with the rebuild. He definitely doesn’t seem happy with how KPJ runs the team, and, honestly, I don’t blame him.

But....

He can’t be a diva. Last night wasn’t okay.

Patience and Dobbizzle like this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Blah blah blah

[​IMG]

steddinotayto and YOLO like this.