1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/6/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Silas doesn't have the voice he needs yet.

There was clear, communicated frustration by Woods, KPJ and JG on offense. Silas was allowing the guys to figure it out rather than be the Van Gundy we needed at times.

Ego and Dan were great with telling guys where to go on offense, but some guys don't listen well. Tate is also a vocal leader and helps with the balance.

The team is just going through the journey. It's not always pretty.

Refs swallowed their whistle on the last play. The body contact and push was a foul, but we aren't getting those calls until we show up on the journey.

House came out of the locker room in the 2nd quarter dressed in a fur, Red Riding Hood jacket that was annoying. He so badly wants attention for the wrong things. Gerald Green was warming him up before the game and Gerald looked like he could have been a better option tonight lol.

Tough loss. I do miss being a strong team with a roster full of focus. But, here we are.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Green played 9 games and 2 of them he got 30pts and 24pts with good shooting.

Some fans here already jumping in Green experiment over train. Lmao.

You guys need to rewatch Kevin Durant rookie season.

Ramo$e, Tfor3, RasaqBoi and 1 other person like this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yet another 3 from Jalen that was blocked due to his long wind up. Commented on this before. Will be a broken record when it's all said and done.

Just flat out LOL at putting the ball in KPJ's hands to close the game. The fact that he'd done literally nothing but negative things the entire game should've been a bit of a red flag.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This team needs to play around Jalen Green.
    We tanked last season for this guy, we can’t treat him like 2nd round scrubs. KPJ already played 3 seasons and I don’t think he is playing much better than Green.

Ramo$e, RasaqBoi and Joe Rocket like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Yikes. I said 10 in the pre-season and I don't even think they reach that.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

All I’m looking for is a competitive game and some improvement from the young guys. Would like to see them get a win every now and then for morale though.

D-rock, Ramo$e, DreamR and 3 others like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

He needs to stop playing like a 2nd round scrub then most games.

Sengun, clos4life and CXbby like this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

couldn't agree more.
    He was literally a guy coming back from overseas doghouses, n merely playing in this league 1.5-2yr or so, i have no problem wood was building up his big ego by contributing massive, as long as thats good for this youngun team…but seems not the case, instead, i've seen pretty much of him keeping protecting his self-esteem by grabbing away opportunities n putting up meaningless big numbers, totally at the cost of sacrificing chances of distributing balls or involving more.
    In Detroit he had done the same, that's why he could showcase his flashes to win big contract, now he doing the same by figuring out h-town not his last stop.
    No sharing, way too selfish.
    Then trade him away at the right time as he now wishing.

#1129 DeBeards, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    palmsnbananas likes this.
  10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I guess one thing that’s not clear to me is, what is our goal for this season? Is it winning games, or developing our young guns? If it’s the former, well, good luck. We’re comfortably sitting at the bottom of the conference and don’t seem to have any hope of climbing up any time soon. If it’s the latter, why is Green not playing the last minutes of the game? Not saying he’s gonna save the game or be heroic again like the Lakers game. But he’s our 2nd pick, and our most important investment. You throw him out there, win or lose. Let him grow.

DreamR and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

How was Campazzo -20 on plus/minus lol!

12. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Ditto. JG has nothing in his bag. Hope he gets stronger, that will help mask his iso limitations. If he doesnt, we will be the new cavs

beardsanity713, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  13. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Wood is all talk. He can get stats but thats it. His game does no translate to winning basketball

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If you cant see what he has shown then that’s on you.

Has he been very good overall? no. But to imply he hasn’t shown ANYTHING is ridiculous.

And the point wasn’t about how good he has been it’s about how bad porter jr has been as the primary ball handler and acting like that isn’t having an affect on the 19 year old rookie is ridiculous.

PeterKingX and DreamR like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Wood wasn’t the problem tonight. The guards needed to play better, and if they had this game would have been completely different. The hard truth is that the young guards just aren’t very good yet. That’s not a huge surprise being that one is a rookie and the other is being played out of position. They should both get better with experience, and when they do games like this one will become a lot more winnable. Not a bad effort all things considered.

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

In that way…jaygup could climb up the ladder! smoothly!? o_O
    got Ya exposed hahhahahahaha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1136 DeBeards, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Williamson likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can’t believe how many Green fanboys we have when he barely looks like an NBA player.

he has to learn how to play before he earns the right to close.

DD

Downtown Sniper and crenshaw like this.
  18. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

You should check twitter lmao. These jalen homers overnight rocketfans think they no better hahaha

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The ball is even not in his hands most of time.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

I know, he should take better care of the ball so he doesn't keep turning it over.

D-rock likes this.