1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Controversial) Silas chooses KPJ over Green to end game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 6, 2021.

?

What would YOU, yes YOU have done?

1. PLAYED BOTH

66 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. BENCHED GREEN

21 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. BENCHED KPJ

35 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. BENCHED BOTH

25 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I completely agree. I'm seeing this constantly as I watch the games and I can no longer mentally ignore it.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I'm going to start sounding like a broken record, but KPJ is bad for the development of the other young talent on this team. I would much rather have Gordon or Augustin out there directing traffic with Green, Sengod, Tate and Martin Jr.

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If its about developing why are we playing so many vets its stupid. With this coach with these vets we will be bad for a very long time,

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We need a good established unselfish leader like Lowry or Cp3 that's going to spill some useful knowledge and passes

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Simple question.

KPJ played NBA 3 season but still horrible.
    Green only played 10 NBA games.

Just play Green and learn! Dumb Silas!

Joe Rocket, fattz and BigShasta like this.
  6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree. But it doesn't even have to be a guy as good as CP3 or Lowry. Both Augustine and Gordon have been in this league a long time and know where guys should be on offense. KPJ doesn't allow that. Every time he has the ball it's essentially a broken play that sometimes results in him scoring but most of the time ends up in a rushed bad shot to beat the shot clock.

7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Let the kids play they have to learn someday

Joe Rocket likes this.
  8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Green and Porter was disappointing today. They were passive and we regress today. We should have won the game. The problem we are having is we do not have a CLOSER. We had a close for more than a decade and Harden is gone we do not have to win. We need someone to close games. Porter? Green, maybe? I thought Gordon would be the one but he missed a shot and was passive at the end. Wood is butter finger and get nervous at the end of games.....confuse what we are going to do

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Part of that is learning that you get benched when you suck. A high pick or high expectations shouldn't be a free pass from consequences of poor performance. The smart game situation would be to go for the W when we had it in our grasp, we're not going to get many. Part of winning games is making correct adjustments, the players need to understand that as well as the coaches.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If we are trying to win, neither Green or KPj would be there in crunch time it would be Wall and Ego.

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares?

Not playing Sengun was the big one. Neither KPJ or Green played well at all. Green was a -11 and KPJ was a -8, if we really cared about winning you probably bench both, but winning is counter productive right now

Nook, CXbby, Zen Tabak and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's actually ridiculous that we've got Wall just sat there on the bench. Everybody would be learning to be effective a lot quicker with a legitimate point guard on the team, and he's way better than the typical low-cost roleplayers out there. If they can sit him for all the minutes and it's fine, why can't they play him roleplayer minutes? He obviously isn't bothered by lack of play time.

Joe Rocket, DaDakota and BigShasta like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not about Silas. It’s on the players. KPJ made two bad shots (long 2s) in a row. Decision making is what Separates teams. Between wood and KPJ these two simply make a lot of bad decisions every game and need to work on that. Regardless it’s still a great game and the past 3 games shows upside and potential of this team. Only way to go is up.

18pbr likes this.
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

What’s matter most between winning a meaningless game and developing our rookies?

Smart people will select 2nd option.
    But dumb Silas selected benching Green and still lose the game.

15. HardenVolumeOne

crazy how it seems like cp3 is handling the new rules better than harden.

wish they could have got along and retired as rockets( they would still be here together), and yes sadly i do blame harden for cp3 leaving.. harden probably regrets it everyday, especially after playing 1 year with westbrick. Hope we see these guys on a face to face sitdown on nba tv when their career is over like we saw with magic and isiah and kobe and shaq

16. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Disappointed in not letting Green down the stretch, and was not happy at all. On the brightside, these last 3 games the Rockets looked more competitive against these western conf contenders.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd argue it is more important that he learns that if you play like dog **** you get benched.

CXbby, harold bingo and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Chris Paul’s shooting and efficiency is down across the board by a very noticeable margin…Harden is averaging 18 ppg so he’s washed…Chris Paul is averaging just 12 ppg and nobody cares

Why would anti-foul rules affect CP3 more than Harden? That doesn’t even make any sense. All of Chris Paul’s antics hardly got him to the line to begin with, meanwhile Harden used to average 10-11 fta per game.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not on the coach. KPJ jacked up bad shots. No dribble penetration. No action attacking the offense. He simply dribbles too much going nowhere then jacking up bad shots without the play develop. KPJ needs a lot of work and somehow regressed since last year. I still believe green needs to initiate offense and I don’t believe KPJ is good for greens development. The flow doesn’t look right.

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

What you have said is right on the coach.
    If KPJ jack up bad shots and play selfish , just bench him. If you want Green to initiate the offense, it’s up to Silas.

Dobbizzle likes this.