1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the last we will see of Carlos Correa?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, Oct 16, 2020.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

True, but from a business perspective, this is the public position Crane has to take at this point in time. It's a negotiating process so you have to play the game in order to not get abused by Correa's agent.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Hey guys. Just saw Correa at Joeys Uptown

Just saying. He’s goneeeeeeeeee out of Houston. Pretty douche guy.

@J.R.

Roc Paint and J.R. like this.
  3. CinematicFusion

its not about signing Correa for Crane… it’s about trying to win championships.
    If Correa fits with the long term goal of always being competitive fine.

Astros will be back in the playoffs next year as one of the best teams in baseball.

Will Correa be there?

4. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

Crane had a similar answer/non-answer about Cole two years ago, if I remember.

Astrofan59 likes this.
  5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

My priority is that management take advantage of the next two to three years and “go for it” in the sense that they spend in line with what they’ve been spending. The question of how the funds are best allocated are best left to the experts.

Having said that … if the Correa camp is bent on waiting for a 10/300 offer and the market on Correa is slow moving, I would be perfectly fine with Click going fairly aggressively for Marte on a 3-4 year deal, then exploring two things simultaneously ….

a ToR free agent arm, which I think is less likely, or

Waiting out the SS market to see if there is a good SS left standing who wants to win and is willing to take a short term 2-3 year deal. This feels like a much more likely Click move.

That approach could net us Marte as an elite leadoff option and a middlish of the order bat like simien or story, or maybe even Baez?, while avoiding long term risk.

We would need to use prospect capital to land the TOR arm that we need, but with the two deals described above, we are locked and loaded for our championship window.

Separately, I think that if Verlander takes the QO, I think it is much much more likely that Brantley gets dealt. I love what JV did for us, but I don’t want him taking the QO. But I think he will.

Who knows what the FA will look like and what the sequencing will be.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Carlos Correa evil smiling in Post-Game press conference after game 5 really looked like Alex Rodriguez.

Very eerie, Carlos saying goodbye in flights at the end of of the season is weird thing to do by Carlos, the Players didn't play hard with Carlos and Carlos became a Free Agent Distraction compared to Freddie Freeman.

I didn't even know Freddie was a Free Agent, Freddie just kept to himself and players hard for each other.

CinematicFusion likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Would they have been there without Correa this year?

There are more unknowns going into next year without Correa. Every year is different. Some teams come out of nowhere to impress (Giants). Some teams continue to flounder despite everybody’s predictions (Padres).

Likewise, people counting on Peña/Leon to just step in and immediately produced have apparently forgotten just how long it takes for guys to adjust… and then start to feel comfortable in the big leagues. Not every highly touted prospect is as special as Yordan Alvarez or Carlos Correa, who both adjusted to the big leagues in record time. Most are closer to Tucker/Bregman/Altuve… takes almost 2 years.

I think they’ll be fine… largely because I’m confident this pitching staff will continue to get better with time/experience and JV is likely to take a QO with an impending labor standoff. But there wasn’t that much room for error this year and Correa was one of the only consistently productive players who was able to play the entire season.

8. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Go ahead and give us the details.

9. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Lol uh details or get out.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I've met Correa a ton of times and he's cool as ****. Calling bullshit of that story. Like he's going to have that conversation with a random fan

11. Radricky

Radricky Member

Has anyone considered the impact of losing Correa on Altuve?

12. verse

verse Contributing Member

I know people can change, but I met Correa and (future) wife a few years ago and he was anything but a douche. Quite humble and friendly, in fact.

RasaqBoi and King1 like this.
  13. CinematicFusion

Has anyone considered the impact of losing Altuve on Correa?

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Enjoy the big rotten apple Carlos

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. Roc Paint

Don’t be gay

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Hey guys. Just saw Correa at Treasures.

Just saying. He's stayyyyyyyyying on a hometown discount! Pretty cool dude.

King1, Squirtle and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ok.

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Some guy says to him wear a Yankees hat

Another man yells f you.

Squirtle likes this.
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

his attitude was very diff. He had his agents around him or very suited up men.

He wasn’t caring about the noise.

20. Roc Paint

You got a love happy endings

King1 likes this.