1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't want to trade him for peanuts. But trade him.

Trade him (and Tate and Gordon if needed) for a bad contract for 2 years along back with assets (perhaps 2 promising 1st round picks)

Those picks along with the Nets picks and capspace you should be able to fill out the team considerably. Along with Green and others on the team and whoever they draft the next two years.

That is only my opinion on things. I could be wrong

Milos likes this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Eric Gordon
    for
    Josh Richardson, Aaron Nesmith

Eric Gordon
    for
    Dwight Powell, Moses Brown, Trey Burke
    (could then easily flip Powell)

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

21-12-2 and shooting 45.5% from three. He's picked up right where he left off last season and then some.

I don't understand the desire or willingness to trade away your two most productive players in Wood & Tate , at least right now. Without those two this team is an unmitigated disaster .... They are already going to be an early lotto team with them.

The timeline of their contracts works out well for the long term too .... Expiring along with John Wall & EG and having their bird rights allowing you to keep them and add $60m in salary.

There comes a point where you have too many young players needing minutes - I think we're at that point right now. The depth of talent needing minutes & development on this roster is just plain crazy .... KMJ doesn't get many minutes , JGup , Armoni & Garuba are relegated to garbage minutes. (None of them is really affected by Wood or Tate).

They'll have two more picks in each of the next two drafts .... and you want to add more ? Sure they could be used in trades but the roster isn't at a point where adding X gets you to the top of the mountain , they have barely begun the climb.

The odds of any draft pick posting 21/12 in any season are pretty slim. That's just pushing the timeline back two more years and hoping that some kid you draft puts up those numbers some day.

I'd consider trading Wood but the price would be extremely high , otherwise I'm rolling into the 2023/24 season with the current cast of characters minus House , Augustin , Wall & EG and between $60-$70m in cap space and bird rights on Wood , KPJ & Tate allowing me to sign FA's then go over the cap to keep them. The biggest decision being what you do with Kevin Porter Jr who is also a FA that offseason.

Wood is playing great .... he's earing that max contract he'll ultimately get in 2 years.

Dobbizzle, palmsnbananas and napalm06 like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

These trades are great ..... except for one thing - there's only 15 roster spots.

The Rockets don't have open roster spots to accept more players coming in than they send out.

Before you do a multi player trade for EG , you have to move House and or Augustin for no returning player - Unless you are willing to give up one or more of the young guys instead - which I'd be unwilling to do.

6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

please trade him Stone. That end of 3rd and 4th quarter was just horrendous for a vet.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

EGo, Wall and a FRP for SImmons.

DD

PatBev and Bo6 like this.
  8. DaDakota

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: Clippers agree. He’s getting a solid 16 mpg this year. By comparison, Zubak is still stuck at only 22.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Best trade I can come up with?
    Gordon for Giannis.

snowconeman22 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

60 mil for 33 mil? Im. Press. Ive.

13. DaDakota

Well, you would have to structure it in a couple of deals I guess, but the money can always be worked out. Everyone knows that.

DD

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

anything CAN be accomplished. This? Hmm, in season???

15. jadrien

jadrien Member

Gordon for cam reddish

16. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Gordon is a nice trading chip, I would try to trade Gordon, Tate and Josh Christopher for Wiseman of Golden State. Wiseman, Green and Sengun would be a nice future.

CertifiedTroll likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

GSW is adding a better version of EGo, someone named Klay who can play.

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

20. jch1911

jch1911 Member