1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nba refs treating rookies like they are punchbags.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by berkowsk, Nov 5, 2021.

1. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Especially last two games all middle decisions called against our rookies .i know hazing rookies a thing in nba but i gets annoying and it recalled me why i did stop to watch nba when wade started to get superstar bogus fouls.

Dovahkiin, SamFisher and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

refs haven’t been calling anything for anybody this year

multiple stars out here with their free throw attempts cut drastically like Luka, Harden, Trae, and Lillard

if it’s happening to them, then it will be worse for a rookie

Roomba, burlesk, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yep some of the calls against Sengun have been flat out laughable. On both the offensive and defensive side.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm getting repulsed by how aggressive players are with the refs, they need to crack down on this.

Dudes rushing and roaring at them non stop, little ass old refs just standing there putting their hands out trying to talk calm

I know we don't want to make the game about the refs, we want our stars to play etc, but jesus the game needs a culture reset when it comes to players losing their **** about fouls every second, half of which they are usually wrong on anyways.

bmelo, napalm06, burlesk and 7 others like this.
  5. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Don’t pretend like you know anything about senguns game

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. 34to11

34to11 Member

I told you all to expect it...all...season...long.

There will be no benefit-of-the-doubt calls for this young Rockets team, especially with the increase in physicality allowed this year.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Riiiiiiight.

I mean I've seen your posts. If it was any other poster saying this i'd be querying what's wrong with them.

I almost want to ask you what my comment has to do with understanding Sengun's game. Because your comments are hilarious.

But alas. You're homerism is just a little too cringeworthy and you'll be ignored before I even see your pathetic response.

PS: Your boytoy fantasy is playing for the Rockets. Why don't you contribute some money to this forum and make something of yourself? Instead of a laughing stock.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Punchbags with Koolaid?

Oh Nooo!!

Guess its better than teabags

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I was like... here it is... another big talker saying how he's been saying something all year. Then I looked at your post count and I was like... I'll put this man's words to the test. You passed with flying colors... and I played the fool. An honest fool, but a fool.

burlesk, SamFisher, 34to11 and 2 others like this.
  10. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That's the way it's always been, rookies have to earn the benefit of doubt from refs. One of the many reasons young teams tend to lose a ton of games

burlesk, i3artow i3aller and 34to11 like this.
  11. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

I agree with everyone but i can't remember any nba stating line up this young . When it is done to a lone rookie who comes from bench is different than it is done to a team that only wants to compete in fair ground with their energy. That is just biased ref.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

Glad to know I pass muster, lol.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Somehow…somehow…Just when you thought the NBA refs couldn’t be worse, they are.

34to11, i3artow i3aller and clos4life like this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Just watched the game and I have never seen such biased officiating

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

There were definitely a few missed calls on quite nasty shots. The elbow Crowder threw it Sengun comes to mind. I don't think this is going to get any easier for our rookies until they start pushing back. We need to put Garuba out there more, he's a bit broader than our other bigs and might have to start putting some bodies on people so we don't just get bullied all year,

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Solution to OP: come back next year and watch games. They literally won't be rookies anymore.

18. xaos

xaos Member

Game 6 (or 7?) Rockets vs warriors where the whole team was trying to break hardens ankle and sac vs lakers were embarrassingly bad

19. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's not just the rooks, it's basically everyone at this point. Even Booker last night, he was bumped on a bunch of drives and didn't get a whistle.

I think the refs are overdoing it, or misinterpreting the new rules. the new rule was suppose to tackle players that make unatural movements to bait fouls, this is mostly on those lean in 3 pointers, or on the perimeter where they shift sideways into the defender for no reason. Who the hell told the refs to swallow the whistle on obvious hacks at the rim for drives. that makes no sense and it's happening to everyone, including star players.

burlesk, Dobbizzle and J.R. like this.